Windows 10: Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e

Discus and support Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am at my wits end. Originally while playing a game I started about 6 months ago I started getting Clock_watchdog_timeout bsod. Now it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blackblade420, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e

Hello, I am at my wits end. Originally while playing a game I started about 6 months ago I started getting Clock_watchdog_timeout bsod. Now it has progressively gotten worse to the point of I could only play a game for about 15min. It was doing this while I had Win 7. I upgraded to the current Win 10 and it had continued still. So it has become such a problem that I did some research and tried to fix it.
    1: I upgraded the most recent BIOS from the manufacture web (driver date 11/14/13) Didnt fix it.
    2. set BIOS to default
    3. Installed liquid cooling because I read that the clock err was overheating even though my temps were in normal range at all times.
    4. Ran mem test. no err's. Ran sfc no err's
    5. DL'd the chipset driver from manufacture site( didnt install because the drivers were AMD catylist but dated 2011) So i assumed to go get the latest chipset drivers from AMD being as it is an AMD chipset.
    Now number 5 did work. I no longer receive Clock_watchdog_timeout. But now I am getting the irql_not_less_or_equal after about 15min of a game. So now I am now out of ideas. Thank you.

:)

blackblade420, Aug 23, 2015

2. windows 10 CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

hi, my pc is fine, never been over clocked, but it is bringing up this error
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT when im playing a game, and it just says its repairing windows but it gets to 100% and never finishes, dfoes any one know how to fix this error?

opelcorsa2012, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Ramistrov Win User
    Blue Screen Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Sorry for delay in response. See Speccy:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ahl_AbC3ESR9gnW-ON_vFdILD8y9

I have played the same game I mentioned in the original message excpet now it s the full release game and I received the following stopcode after playing for a few minutes this morning:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

This did not create a minidump at all.

Ramistrov, Aug 23, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e

Hello, Blackblade420. If you would, would you add detailed system specs in your last post by going to the bottom left and click my system specs, then edit system specs. When you are finished, please go to the bottom of the page and click save. We would like Manufacturer and model of each component. Please include your PSU, Hard Drives, anti virus, CPU Cooler and any other components connected or installed in your computer. This will help us help you. If you would like to know what we like, please click system specs at the bottom left of this post and see mine.

May I ask, with all the BSODs you say you have had, why is there only 1 dump file? Please make sure your computer is configured for small memory dumps. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html Your dump file is not giving us any useful information

Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace. Arguments: Arg1: fffff802d1fe2e90, memory referenced Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield : bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status) Arg4: fffff802cdccc711, address which referenced memory[/quote] Please do not use any disk cleaners like CCleaner or the system dick cleaner. They all, by default, delete error reports and dump files, which we need.

Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

When I see the rst of your system specs and maybe a couple more dump files, I'll know better about what else to suggest.

essenbe, Aug 23, 2015
  5. blackblade420, Aug 24, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    No problem. Whenever you have time will be fine. I really need the specs in your my system specs at the bottom left of your last post. That way it is always available on any post you make, instead of anyone who helps you having to go search for it. I'm sure you understand.

essenbe, Aug 24, 2015
  7. I understand completely. I updated the specs i could on the lower left as requested. Ok I ran sfc /scannow 3 times with no errors also ran mem test 2 passes with no errors. I know I ran ccleaner on past mem.dmp. I can attest to the 3 times I got irql_not_less_or_equal were identical that I mentioned in my first post. I did remove ccleaner 3 days ago because I didnt know it wiped dmp aswell.

blackblade420, Aug 24, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

What I would like you to do is get some CPU and GPU temp monitoring software that will allow you to monitor your temps at all times. You have an MSI Card and they have an excellent program, MSI Afterburner MSI Global. It will allow you to set a custom fan profile and an on screen display to monitor your temps and may other things with your Graphics Card. I would also like you to get a utility to monitor your CPU Temps. If you are overclocking anything, set everything back to default levels.

Also, memtest needs to be run for a minimum of 8 complete passes to completely check the ram. Running it any less is not worth doing. Before you run it, let me give you instructions on how to do it, but let's check the temps first.

essenbe, Aug 24, 2015
  9. Ok on mem test. Should I do standard or extended? I never OCed anything and I used speccy for temps for awhile now. Current temps with only firefox open and really nothing else
    CPU around idle= 17c
    MoBo=32c
    GPU=35c
    HDD=36c

10. Ok just installed msi afterburner. everything should be on defaults because i have never in my life OCed anything. Im a casual gamer lol. Even if I could run a game on highest setting I dont.

11. essenbe Win User
    As I recall, you said you only had the BSOD during gaming. If that's the case, the temps during gaming are the critical ones. I would like to know what those are. Also, what CPU Cooler do you have? OK, good that you have Afterburner now. Set it to where you have the GPU temp in On Screen Display. It will have your temps on the screen during the games. Leave Speccy open and running while you game. As soon as you quit the game, go straight there and check your CPU and motherboard temps. Do you have good airflow in your case? Just wait on the memtest until we get an idea of the temps. We should be able to rule them as a possible cause or rule them out. Then we'll run memtest. OK?

essenbe, Aug 24, 2015
  12. ok so click monitoring gpu temp show in on screen display? And then run a game also with speccy running?

13. essenbe Win User

You got it. Now play some games. *Thumbs

essenbe, Aug 24, 2015
  14. OK I played the witcher 2. Not the new one but the second one. It was the same game I had gotten the IRQL_. So i used the same game to test. And I played for 25min

Results: CPU Highest temp was 35c
    GPU= Highest temp was 62c

15. essenbe Win User
    that's not bad at all. Nice job. Next we'll run memtest86+.

Please Run Memtest86+

Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e [​IMG]

Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes in the same session to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

it's a pretty long test. With 8 GB of ram it takes about 10 hours, with 16 GB it takes 20 hours. so, you can figure out about how many hours for your ram. I usually run it, at night and just let it run all night. If you see an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. It won't hurt to keep running it, but there is no reason to.

essenbe, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e - Similar Threads - Playing game Clock_watchdog_timeout

2. I am constantly getting a blue screen with clock_watchdog_timeout whenever I play any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am constantly getting a blue screen with clock_watchdog_timeout whenever I play any game: I am using a HP Victus 16 with Nvidia 3050TI and have this problem since i bought this computer.here is dump filehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1oRtAg3ii038i19ouwZvLt1Y6ZJRGOotp/view?usp=sharing...
  3. I am constantly getting a blue screen with clock_watchdog_timeout whenever I play any game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am constantly getting a blue screen with clock_watchdog_timeout whenever I play any game: I am using a HP Victus 16 with Nvidia 3050TI and have this problem since i bought this computer.here is dump filehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1oRtAg3ii038i19ouwZvLt1Y6ZJRGOotp/view?usp=sharing...
  4. BSOD playing No Man's Sky : Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing No Man's Sky : Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hey, I'm having recurent Clock_Watchdog_Timeout BSOD while playing No Man's Sky. I tried to go through the MEMORY.DMP with WinDbg but it tells me that the dump is corrupted. Actually when the BSOD occurs it blocks on 15% (I let it there for more than an hour with no...
  5. Play any where Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play any where Games: I just got a Pc and was wondering if I could download my Xbox games onto my pc. Can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/play-any-where-games/d0d405f5-6866-49b9-8f1b-159feb368429
  6. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games: Hello. Im getting this BSOD while playing games, randomly. Most of the time it happens late in the game session. I need to know if its a driver issue or a hardware-overclocking issue. My i7 4770k is at 4.7ghz at 1.29v, but it seems stable, besides Im not getting the typical...
  7. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game: Constantly getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, while playing anything. GTA V it happens 10-20 minutes of starting the program. CS:GO it crashes 20-30 minutes later. I've tried analyzing the DMP files but they point to ntkrnlmp.exe. I've reloaded the OS on the entire PC...
  8. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games: Hey everybody, I've been struggling with this issue for a while, I thought I resolved it a few months ago but it has come back and I'm out of ideas. Ever since upgrading to Win10 at the start of last year I've started getting Clock Watchdog Timeout BSODs. After...
  9. BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hello Everyone, I have been getting the BSOD lately. It has been happening when playing Civilization 6. The latest one had the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Tim 104590
  10. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games: Hi, I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike...