Windows 10: Playing audio CD....

Discus and support Playing audio CD.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don’t really use optical media anymore. Not so much through choice but we had a desk built by a carpenter with a cabinet to accommodate the pc (which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Playing audio CD....

I don’t really use optical media anymore. Not so much through choice but we had a desk built by a carpenter with a cabinet to accommodate the pc (which is huge) but it has to go in all it’s sideways to fit. Trouble is we didn’t think through the dimensions for the pop out optical tray so it’s too much hassle to turn the machine and have it precariously hanging out the cupboard (plus stress on the cables it’s about threaded into the back).

however, when I first got the machine and it was free standing the optical drive was very poor in windows 10. Taking similar times to read them (both audio cd and dvd) and not always auto playing. I used anydvd to rip my own dvds into digital a lot back then. I noticed the issue could be fixed by ensuring anydvd (still using an old version) was actively running in the system tray. So since then I always have it running at start up and the drive behaves itself. I am not sure if having it installed in first place though was responsible for my issue. So I wonder if your machines have anything installed with regards disc editing/ripping or dvd creation software (Roxio/Sonic?) etc? Maybe if you do, could try uninstalling it. Or failing that ensure it’s running at start up. I’ve seen enough threads through various sites bemoaning the unpredictability of autoplay in windows 10 to suggest its more a windows issue than a hardware issue that you have.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Cr00zng Win User

Windows 10 64-bit OS, version 10.0.16299.402...

The DVD player does not play audio/video CD/DVD with Windows Media Player. Inserting a an audio/video disk in to the drive spins up the disk, but it comes up with this message after about a minute or so checking the disk:

Playing audio CD.... [​IMG]

The VLC player, version 2.2.6, takes about the same time to open the disk and proceeds to play the disk. During the playback of audio CD, in about every 20 seconds or so the disk stop playing and restarts on its own in couple of seconds.

Does anyone know, or have a link for how to fix this issue?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Apr 28, 2018
  3. windows dvd player app

will windows dvd player app play audio cds or picture cd's?

LaurelNichols, Apr 28, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Playing audio CD....

Difficulty with directing cd music from the D Drive to Windows 10 media player.

Hi Brenda,

Open Control Panel (click your Start Button, type control and hit Enter)

Go to Autoplay

Scroll down to CD's - Audio CD

Choose 'Play Audio CD - Windows Media Player'

That's It!

DaveM121, Apr 28, 2018
  5. What type of disc are you using? How was it created?

Are you running the latest drivers for your optical drive?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 28, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    This does sound more like a physical problem with the CD/DVD drive or the CD/DVD itself. Does this happen for all disks or just the one? If it affects all disks, gently cleaning the lens of the drive may help. For a laptop or low profile drive the lens is visible in the tray when open. For a desktop type drive where the lens stays inside then a cleaning disk may be needed.

On the other hand, the lasers in the drive may be failing. There are two different lasers, on for CDs and one for DVDs. If your problems are with CDs only, it may be that just the one laser is failing.

7. Cr00zng Win User
    Thanks guys...

The CDs/DVDs are from the store, both audio and video.

Initially, I've suspected the CD/DVD drive as well, but another PC with the same Windows version is doing the very same. While it's not impossible that both drives are failing, it's unlikely in my view. One of the systems had been updated from Windows 7 64-bits to Windows 10, about 4-5 month ego. Prior to the update Windows 7 had no issues with neither audio, nor video disk.

The driver for all systems is the default MS driver from 2006 and the region is set to "1".

In a rather old ThinkPad T430, with W10 64-bits, neither VLC nor Windows Media player have issues with the same audio CDs, but only VLC plays video DVDs.

Cr00zng, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Playing audio CD....

1. Playing audio CD.... - Similar Threads - Playing audio

2. Only Discord Call audio is playing sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Discord Call audio is playing sometimes: thats all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-discord-call-audio-is-playing-sometimes/4e2a16db-3a70-4525-bec3-ed50d30a030a
  3. Only Discord Call audio is playing sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Discord Call audio is playing sometimes: thats all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-discord-call-audio-is-playing-sometimes/4e2a16db-3a70-4525-bec3-ed50d30a030a
  4. My speakers don't play any audio and I only hear audio through AirPods if it comes from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers don't play any audio and I only hear audio through AirPods if it comes from a...: I have a Dell XPS 2-in-1. This happened just a couple hours ago. Essentially, I can't hear any audio anymore. All drivers are updated and everything. All settings are correct, so audio should play. When looking around in some settings, I saw that the speaker picked up audio...
  5. My speakers don't play any audio and I only hear audio through AirPods if it comes from a...

My speakers don't play any audio and I only hear audio through AirPods if it comes from a...: I have a Dell XPS 2-in-1. This happened just a couple hours ago. Essentially, I can't hear any audio anymore. All drivers are updated and everything. All settings are correct, so audio should play. When looking around in some settings, I saw that the speaker picked up audio...
  6. I need help getting my earbuds to play audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting my earbuds to play audio.: I have Raycon Bluetooth earbuds. They will connect to my computer but I cannot get them to play audio. They show up under all sound devices and show that they are not allowed but when I hit allow nothing happens. They also show up under more sound settings but it shows that...
  7. I need help getting my earbuds to play audio.

I need help getting my earbuds to play audio.: I have Raycon Bluetooth earbuds. They will connect to my computer but I cannot get them to play audio. They show up under all sound devices and show that they are not allowed but when I hit allow nothing happens. They also show up under more sound settings but it shows that...
  8. audio gets randomly muffled when in discord call or when other applications are playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio gets randomly muffled when in discord call or when other applications are playing audio: Whenever i starting playing two things at once sometimes the other things will get randomly muffled. I've already tried most basic things to try and fix it....
  9. audio gets randomly muffled when in discord call or when other applications are playing audio

audio gets randomly muffled when in discord call or when other applications are playing audio: Whenever i starting playing two things at once sometimes the other things will get randomly muffled. I've already tried most basic things to try and fix it....
  10. Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.

Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.: For example when i play something on google its fine then if i start playing something on discord at the same time my volume spikes to get really loud. Unsure how to fix this please help....