Windows 10: Playing DVD

Discus and support Playing DVD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Recently downloaded a whole movie, it is MP4 format. Since this cannot be played on home dvd player, had to convert it into AVI , in user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Playing DVD

Hello,
    Recently downloaded a whole movie, it is MP4 format. Since this cannot be played on home dvd player, had to convert it into AVI , in user manual it says AVI can be played - but it did not. So then I converted it into VOB format, but again dvd refused to play it. Finaly had to use a dvd authoring program, wasted some hours to work on it and finally got my dvd with menus playing.
    My question: Since all files in the dvd folder are vob, why the one vob I made on the first time did no play.
    The converstion done with "format factory".
    Some answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jun 22, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

DVD player won't play a DVD that it played many tmes before

It's fairly simple. If the DVD plays in a different DVD player, and other DVDs don't play in the PC, there's something wrong with the hardware. On the other hand, if the DVD doesn't play in other DVD players and other DVDs play OK in the PC, there's
    something wrong with the disc.

JimWynne, Jun 22, 2016
  3. -=DVD=- Win User
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

So, the Fall Creators Update has been released yesterday, but I haven't even been prompted for the Creators Update yet. My pc is not that old, bought it last summer. I have no idea as to why I'm still running version 1607 or wether it's safe for me to upgrade
    to either one of these newer versions. Will it screw up my drivers if I do? I am running Windows 10 Pro btw.

Any input would be appreciated.

-=DVD=-, Jun 22, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Playing DVD

Just one .vob file is not up to DVD play back specs. That's why you had to use a authoring program.

Winuser, Jun 22, 2016
Thema:

Playing DVD

1. Playing DVD - Similar Threads - Playing DVD

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  5. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  6. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. dvd not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  8. dvd not playing

dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  9. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...
  10. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...