Windows 10: Playing from an external device

Discus and support Playing from an external device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason I cannot rip or even play a CD from my LG external player. I have done both in the past, so I think I have made some alteration to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoyBowker, Aug 12, 2018.

1. RoyBowker Win User

Playing from an external device

For some reason I cannot rip or even play a CD from my LG external player. I have done both in the past, so I think I have made some alteration to a setting? Please help as I would like to make compilations of my type of music. I know being 80 years of age doe's not help me, so please tell me where I have gone wrong. Many thanks Roy

:)

RoyBowker, Aug 12, 2018
  2. henasith Win User

PS4 external play options

MKV is a container format which can hold unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file, but PS4 can play MKV files with the following specification:
    • H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2
    • MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

Once the MKV you add to PS4 does not meet the above requirements, the problem occurs.

To solve the issue, there are many methods and here list two of them:

1. Handbrake is the go to free converter for video files on Mac.

HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Install it and then point it at one of your MKV files and convert to one of the preset MP4 defaults in the Handbrake sidebar. Under "Regular" you should be fine with "Normal" or "High Profile" settings.

2. A step by step guide on Does PS4 Play MKV.

The article introduces a detailed guide to help you solve PS4 won't play MKV issue.

henasith, Aug 12, 2018
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Playing from an external device

headphones play but do not register as a device and external speakers keep playing

i plug in my headphones and the realtek popup tells me i have plugged a device into the audio jack (also how do i keep that from popping up and making a tone every time?) and audio plays through mu headphones but audio also plays from the external speakers.
    additionally i cannot find the headphones listed as a device. i am using skullcandy headphones connected by a m-m cable and a hp pavillion.

gavinjacob, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Playing from an external device

1. Playing from an external device - Similar Threads - Playing external device

2. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't play video files from external drive: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-video-files-from-external-drive/577052b6-76ce-4775-a409-67f3bd3b54b8FYI for anyone that saw this thread and the solution did not work - Copy all the .MP4 files to your local drive, reformat the external drive and...
  3. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play video files from external drive: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-video-files-from-external-drive/577052b6-76ce-4775-a409-67f3bd3b54b8FYI for anyone that saw this thread and the solution did not work - Copy all the .MP4 files to your local drive, reformat the external drive and...
  4. Playing Video Files From an External Device

Playing Video Files From an External Device: For video,buffering the video file is copied from phone to pc at temporary location what is that temporary location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-video-files-from-an-external-device/e3b865d0-871d-4796-978e-5972239b6c71
  5. Playing Video Files From an External Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Video Files From an External Device: For video,buffering the video file is copied from phone to pc at temporary location what is that temporary location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-video-files-from-an-external-device/e3b865d0-871d-4796-978e-5972239b6c71
  6. Playing Video Files From an External Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DVD not playing from external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD not playing from external drive?: The DVD has BUP VBP & IFO files none will open with Windows Media Player is the VLC safe to download? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing-from-external-drive/54eda131-d26e-4c87-a24b-b5102c998b02
  8. External Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Devices: How can i get my routers history to find out if my gf is sending out uploads via ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-devices/22e50db1-4d77-45e0-95ea-943ddef554ea
  9. Playing Video Files From an External Device

Playing Video Files From an External Device: When I connect a smartphone to the computer and try to play a video file stored inside the smartphone with a video player, the system first copies the entire file to a temporary location and only after that it plays the file. How can a file be played directly without first...
  10. external devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    external devices: I can't see a specific hard drive in the list. It shows the C drive and one other external hard drive but will no display my Lacie Fuel. This problem just occurred. In the past it has shown up....