Windows 10: Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming

Discus and support Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi People, I built my own PC and its been running great for 2 years. Using an SSD for OS and boot, and 1TB black drive for games and programs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gangel77, Sep 17, 2016.

1. gangel77 Win User

Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming

Hi People,

I built my own PC and its been running great for 2 years.

Using an SSD for OS and boot, and 1TB black drive for games and programs.

I recently installed "Heroes of Newerth" for some giggles. I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i get some crazy crashes on my pc.

Pretty much Ill be running HoN and Skype and both screens just go black, no sound or beeps, no error, nothing.

My keyboard nad mouse lights are still on.

My keyboard has multiple user levels, (4) each have different colour lights, but none of the user levels work, which makes me think the driver is not running on that, so maybe the pc has 'mostly' crashed.??

Ive done a SMART test and all good
    Done a memory test (windows) and 100%, no errors found.

Aside from this i dont know what the next step is.

Usually i solve these on my own, but since there is no error I can't even google tog et something more sepcific!

ideas anyone?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,

Gangel

:)

gangel77, Sep 17, 2016

2. Random freezes since upgrading to Windows 10 from 7

The freezes can ocur whenever but seems to be more frequent when i play games (exampel of games are Dayz and HoN).

When the computer freeze the only thing i can do is restart the computer with the power button.

Link to minidump (DMP) :
    OneDrive (Dump)

MikaelSjöblom, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Games re-start in the middle of a game

Hello Oliver,

I'm inclined to follow RoyGRM's line of action - albeit it a waiting game (sorry for the pun).

I looked through the Nvidia forums posting and thought there is a lot that could go wrong following the process.

When I played Pyramid this morning, I had a reset to start once and when I played again I got a black screen with the white writing of the game screen and had to close and re-open. The game played right through this time and TriPeaks played right through
    as well.

It is annoying, but hopefully there will be a patch to resolve this issue.

Thanks for the help.

Rod Styles, Sep 17, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

have you looked in event logs at the time of the crash to see if thats showing anything , id be 99% its your gpu driver crashing

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  5. gangel77 Win User
    Hi Archie, thanks for the response.

There are a few errors but i dont know what ids important.

Errors:
    Event Log 6008
    DistributedCOM 10016
    AppModel-Runtime 69

Critical:
    Kernel-Power 41 Task (63)

The distributed Com one was before it ccrashed this morning when i was not home!
    This occured when comp was doing nothing, just had firefox open, but no gaming. i was out of the house and i found it "black screened" when i got home after work!

gangel77, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming - Similar Threads - Playing Game HoN

2. NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING: Hello,I've been experiencing black screens into a hard reboot only while gaming randomly for a while. Since my computer is still under warranty I've already brought it in for repairs twice now. The SSD as well as the GPU have been replaced but somehow I am still having those...
  3. NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING: Hello,I've been experiencing black screens into a hard reboot only while gaming randomly for a while. Since my computer is still under warranty I've already brought it in for repairs twice now. The SSD as well as the GPU have been replaced but somehow I am still having those...
  4. NEED HELP WITH BLACK SCREEN INTO HARD REBOOT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  6. Black screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  7. screen going black when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going black when playing games: screen keeps going black playing games roblox,minecraft,valorant ive asked this before an d got no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-going-black-when-playing-games/2d1976c0-7fe0-45ba-8a8b-8911f2df4db8
  8. Black Screen While Playing A Game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen While Playing A Game.: Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there is still playing the...
  9. Screen going black while playing appaently random games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen going black while playing appaently random games: I have a long-time issue I can't figure out so I decided to ask for the common knowledge of the community to help me out. I have a weird issue with certain games but I can't see any apparent pattern in it. Some games show this issue, some don't. When I start playing,...
  10. Exiting Games Results in a Black Screen, forcing hard reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exiting Games Results in a Black Screen, forcing hard reset.: Hey guys, lately my windows 10 pro/i7 4770/16 GB DDR3/EVGA GTX 1070 has trouble exiting games. Not every game, but i just finished off FEAR (1, long time getting to it, my list of shame is extensive), and when i exited it all there was was a black screen. It happens to some...