Windows 10: Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...

Discus and support Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft,I would like to seek your expertise regarding user experience concerning Dell corporate laptops. Wondering f there is any future update or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Izzlee Lujaini, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...

Hi Microsoft,I would like to seek your expertise regarding user experience concerning Dell corporate laptops. Wondering f there is any future update or enhancement to support Media Player Legacy's for higher resolution?Problem: While playing video with Windows Media Player Legacy on laptop connected with external display show grainy noisy on such monitors that are supported FHD, 2K, 4K resolutions for the first 5 seconds.Recommendation/Solution:Option 1: Consider a future update to enhance Windows Media Player Legacy's support for higher resolutions. Are there any limitations?If yes, is ther

:)

Izzlee Lujaini, Feb 21, 2024

2. CAN PLAYLISTS ON WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER LEGACY BE PLAYED IN ORDER I WANT?

Hello WILLIAM BOECKMAN,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

You can of course customize the order in which media files are played in Windows Media Player Legacy. Follow these steps to create and adjust the playlist order:

1. Open Windows Media Player Legacy: Click the Start menu, then type "Windows Media Player Legacy" in the search bar, and open it.
    2. Add media files to playlist: Drag and drop the music or video file you want to add into the player window, or use the "Add to Library" button and select the file.
    3. Create Playlist: In the playlist pane, select "Create Playlist" and type the name you want.
    4. Adjust play order: Drag media files into the playlist and sort them in the order you want them to play. You can drag files anywhere in the playlist to adjust the order in which they are played.
    5. Play your playlist: Double-click the playlist name or right-click the playlist and select "Play" to play the media files in it in the order you adjusted.
    However, since you are already using Windows11, I recommend using the new version of Media Player, because Windows Media Player Legacy is old and some features may have been replaced by more advanced Media Player.

If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

Mitchell - MSFT, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Problem playihg 4K videos with windows media player legacy.

I cannot play some 4k videos on windows media player legacy. I have an asus laptop with windows 11. I would like to be able to mix videos with audio visualizations in the same playlist which I can do with windows media player except for the 4k videos. There are still things I can do in this regard with windows media player which I cannot do with VLC media player or even commercial versions like NERO. Is there anyone out there who may know why I am unable to play 4K videos downloaded from youtube on Windows Media Player legacy?

MarkFuller2, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...

Higher pitch when playing DVDs in Window's Media player

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of Windows media player have you installed?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of Windows media player and check if it helps.

• Open the audio or video file in Windows Media Player. If the file is playing in the Library window, click the bottom-right "Switch to Now Playing" button.
    • Right-click anywhere in the Now Playing window, point to "Enhancements" and then select "Graphic Equalizer."
    • Select the graphic mode you prefer, such as individual adjustments or loose/fine groups. The icon next to the selection describes it, and a textual description appears if you hover your mouse pointer over the option.
    • Click and drag the sliders to change the pitch. You might notice the greatest effect around the 2 KHz slider, but what produces the most effect varies between people.
    • Click the small "X" at the top right of the Graphic Equalizer pop-up to close the utility.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...

1. Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external... - Similar Threads - Playing local video

2. Windows Legacy Media Player -> Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Legacy Media Player -> Windows Media Player 12: Found a description of how to upgrade the Windows Legacy Media Player to Windows Media Player 12, viz:Click the Start button, type features, and then select Turn Windows features on or off. Expand Media Features and see whether the Windows Media Player check box is selected....
  3. Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...

Playing local video on Windows Media Player Legacy show grainy noisy effect on external...: Hi Microsoft,I would like to seek your expertise regarding user experience concerning Dell corporate laptops. Wondering f there is any future update or enhancement to support Media Player Legacy's for higher resolution?Problem: While playing video with Windows Media Player...
  4. Problem playihg 4K videos with windows media player legacy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem playihg 4K videos with windows media player legacy.: I cannot play some 4k videos on windows media player legacy. I have an asus laptop with windows 11. I would like to be able to mix videos with audio visualizations in the same playlist which I can do with windows media player except for the 4k videos. There are still things I...
  5. windows media player legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player legacy: when I download a mp4 video file from one drive he just play sound and do not show the images. What´s happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-legacy/0f964ad7-c7d3-47cd-a9e5-425570f822b0
  6. windows media player legacy

windows media player legacy: when I download a mp4 video file from one drive he just play sound and do not show the images. What´s happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-legacy/0f964ad7-c7d3-47cd-a9e5-425570f822b0
  7. Media Player Legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player Legacy: Media Player Legacy continues to give me an error message. "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged." I have tried many different ways to burn a music CD from my owned...
  8. Media Player Legacy

Media Player Legacy: Media Player Legacy continues to give me an error message. "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged." I have tried many different ways to burn a music CD from my owned...
  9. Windows Media Player Legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Legacy: Windows media player legacy will not save the playlist for some reason and on the new media player, they released you can't create or save a playlist. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and am still having the same issue of not being able to save my playlist....
  10. Windows Media Player Legacy

Windows Media Player Legacy: Windows media player legacy will not save the playlist for some reason and on the new media player, they released you can't create or save a playlist. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and am still having the same issue of not being able to save my playlist....