Windows 10: Playing media files leads to crash and mayhem.

Discus and support Playing media files leads to crash and mayhem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know what the error messages I have included are referring to? The fault the debugger has registered results in a corrupt media player. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joarthur98, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Playing media files leads to crash and mayhem.

Does anyone know what the error messages I have included are referring to? The fault the debugger has registered results in a corrupt media player. The corruption gives the same result for all media players I have tried; both music and video players. They start and stop several times per second. If I re-install Windows, everything works fine for about a day.

At this point Windows Media Player starts to misbehave badly. It runs amok. The goal seems to be to play every media file on the computer and to put all picture, sound and video files in its library. If I touch or open a folder containing a picture, song or video WMP jump starts and will not stop for anything but an ‘End Task’…

This is some output from the Visual Studio debugger attached to vlc.exe:

mpgatofixed32 audio converter error: libmad error: bad main_data_begin pointer
    core input error: ES_OUT_SET_(GROUP_)PCR is called too late (pts_delay increased to 1107 ms)
    core input error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called
    mpgatofixed32 audio converter error: libmad error: Huffman data overrun
    mpgatofixed32 audio converter error: libmad error: bad main_data_begin pointer

---------------------------
    another returning message is this:

lc.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\access\libvdr_plugin.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'vlc.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\access\libfilesystem_plugin.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'vlc.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\stream_filter\libsmooth_plugin.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'vlc.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\stream_filter\libhttplive_plugin.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

:)

joarthur98, Aug 16, 2017
  2. 01Iam Win User

Spiderman total mayhem hd

Can i play spiderman total mayhem hd game on 5800 xm.

if yes plzz then give me download link..

01Iam, Aug 16, 2017
  3. Teja-721 Win User
    phone heating and hanging

I'm using Microsoft Lumia 535 With windows version 8.1 and I like to play games .

I've downloaded Lara croft relic run-69mb,subway surfers -40mb and another game named major mayhem ,whenever I play Lara croft...the game crashes it hangs and my phone gets heated so much,when I play subway surfers then also it gets heated moreover if I
    use WhatsApp or facebook for more than 15min. Then also it gets heated

Please help me solve the problem.......

Teja-721, Aug 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Playing media files leads to crash and mayhem.

Berton, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

Playing media files leads to crash and mayhem.

1. Playing media files leads to crash and mayhem. - Similar Threads - Playing media files

2. Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media: Hello,since I upgraded to Windows 11, I am facing the following issue.Whenever I have any streams open Youtube / Twitch and start an "intense" game in fullscreen mode, then the background streams suddently start buffering and lagging unbearably. I stops right when I close my...
  3. Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media: Hello,since I upgraded to Windows 11, I am facing the following issue.Whenever I have any streams open Youtube / Twitch and start an "intense" game in fullscreen mode, then the background streams suddently start buffering and lagging unbearably. I stops right when I close my...
  4. Wolcen Lords of Mayhem crashes or not launching on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Wolcen Lords of Mayhem crashes or not launching on Windows PC: [ATTACH]It can be nothing more frustrating than buying a video game and then not being able to play it as it not launching on your computer. Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem is one such game. There are several users complaining that the game is crashing or not launching at all on...
  5. media play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media play: My Media play stopped working ,and I had almost 41,000 songs & albums have gone . how do I get back playing and files back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-play/d097b1df-8539-4983-8cdd-d874b9b94a3e
  6. system crash leads to BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system crash leads to BSOD: On Sun 09-May-21 1:07:15 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050921-37421-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5C50 Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x994, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803825D87F7Error:...
  7. Random crashes leading to restarts

Random crashes leading to restarts: Hi, I have recently experience random crashes which results into a restart for Windows 10. I have looked through the event viewer to check on the date in which first started and it was on 3/11/2021. [ATTACH] Before logging down the event whereby the system has rebooted,...
  8. Problem playing file on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem playing file on Windows Media Player: I was sent private audio files of the type name.cda which Windows Media Player plays fine from the CD sent to me but will not play the same files when I download them to my hard disk. How do I fix this? Can Windows Media Player upload them to my hard disk? Thank you....
  9. edge chrome crashing and no video when playing media file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    edge chrome crashing and no video when playing media file: Okay the problem is when i boot into windows everything is fine the only problem is google chrome showing some black bars when scrolling on a website and only online videos not playing properly not only chrome edge and fire fox has that kind of problem too and i can't able to...
  10. Media not playing.

Media not playing.: So video and music is not playing on my computer, either on a browser or content off my hard drives. Also I cant run audio off my DAW. Everything else seems to be working fine. Web pages opening with pictures and video thumb nails. Windows 10 Cheers...