Windows 10: playing Source games PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA atikmdag.sys

Discus and support playing Source games PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA atikmdag.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there, This started happening to me while playing DotA 2. Source games have given me consistent problems, previously freezing with the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by crymall, May 19, 2016.

1. crymall Win User

playing Source games PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA atikmdag.sys

Hey there,

This started happening to me while playing DotA 2. Source games have given me consistent problems, previously freezing with the sound still playing, but recently, they've been crashing outright, and now, they're BSOD-ing me.

System specs:
    Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3
    Processor - AMD FX-6300 3.5 Ghz
    RAM - Vulcan 8GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics - IceQ Boost Clock Radeon HD7950 3GB
    PSU - EVGA 500 B 80 PLUS

Here's my crash log:

Attachment 80814

Things I've already tried:
    -Reinstalling Steam/problematic games
    -Uninstalling/reinstalling AMD drivers
    -Using different versions of DX/OpenGL
    -Changing graphics settings (AA, shadows, textures, multisampling, etc.)

I'm worried that this means a hardware failure. Thanks in advance for any help people can offer.

:)

crymall, May 19, 2016

2. Cannot resume from Sleep and Windows store crashing after upgrading to Windows 10

I've an almost identical problem, except that the BSOD on resume specifically mentions a driver file related to my PC's integrated Radeon HD3000 graphics processor, WhoCrashed reports:

On Sat 15/08/2015 17:03:57 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081515-36406-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (0xFFFFF8017693ABDB)

Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFD0029C95D780, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8017693ABDB, 0x2)

Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys

product: ATI Radeon Family

company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).

Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Last night I borrowed a GeForce GT 730 card and tried it, problem went away immediately so it definitely is the display drivers at fault for me, maybe you're having a similar issue? So today have ordered a GT 730 (since I know that will work ok!), £60 unnecessarily
    spent just because MS broke something fundamental with Windows and AMD / MS seem disinterested in fixing it.. thanks guys, for nothing.

Andrew Holland, May 19, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, May 19, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

The dumpfile is
    Code: ****************************************************************************** * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 50, {ffffc00024961000, 2, fffff800464d5792, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+115792 )[/quote] Cause

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Test your GPUcard or if you have other GPU use this and see if the system keeps BSODing. If not than your current GPU is (probably) faulty.

Videotest Furmark
    To test your GPU you can use Furmark see this tutorial FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums
    FurMark download site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
    FurMark Setup:
    - If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
    - In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
    Click "Go" to start the test (Looks like it's "BURN-IN test" now)
    - Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
    NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90ºC. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
    If the temperature gets above 100ºC, quit the test - the video card is overheating.
    - Click "Quit" to exit

What you are looking for:
    - excessive heat from the GPU (report back with anything over 90ºC)
    - problems with the video display (picture is distorted or jumbled, picture turns black, etc)
    - problems reported by the program (I haven't seen this, but "just in case")

lifetec, May 20, 2016
  5. crymall Win User
    OK, so I did Furmark. My GPU temp never went over 70 C, which seems fine. However, the video itself stuttered significantly. The first time I tested it, after 2:11 or so, it froze and stopped responding. The second time, after ~2:30, it spontaneously restarted my computer.

I don't really understand why it would have to restart (like I said, temps were OK), so this is pretty troubling. Is my GPU shot?

crymall, May 22, 2016
  6. TweakRaGe Win User
    I have similar issues with dual display so far nothing has worked for me . Hope someone has info

TweakRaGe, May 24, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Hi crymall,

Before we can continue I would like you to provide a few things for me.

1. A new zip from the DM Log Collector

2. Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

playing Source games PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA atikmdag.sys [​IMG]

playing Source games PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA atikmdag.sys [​IMG]

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. playing Source games PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA atikmdag.sys - Similar Threads - playing Source games

2. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys: Holaaa, acabó de tener un problema con mi notebook. Tengo Windows 11 y a veces me da una pantallazo azul con el error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA y lo que falla es: rtwlane601.sys . La verdad no entiendo que es lo que falla y me agradecería mucho si me alguien me ayudara....
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys: Holaaa, acabó de tener un problema con mi notebook. Tengo Windows 11 y a veces me da una pantallazo azul con el error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA y lo que falla es: rtwlane601.sys . La verdad no entiendo que es lo que falla y me agradecería mucho si me alguien me ayudara....
  4. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: I have an issue with windows that occur when i changed something i can't revert back from in safe mode. also it causes issue in accessing safe mode without multi attempts. here is some image of issue....
  5. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: I have an issue with windows that occur when i changed something i can't revert back from in safe mode. also it causes issue in accessing safe mode without multi attempts. here is some image of issue....
  6. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: Wdf01000.sys: hello a have this problem: [ATTACH] I try restore but dont working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pagefaultinnonpagedarea-what-failed-wdf01000sys/9a0a276e-2499-4535-a86a-b1dbc2008dee
  7. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -- What failed: Netwtw06.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -- What failed: Netwtw06.sys: I've gotten this blue screen several times in the past two days. 1. I tried doing a Windows Memory Diagnosis -- it didn't find any issues. 2. I tried a startup recovery -- also didn't find any issues. 3. Tried checking the Device Management to see if anything needed to be...
  8. netwtw06.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

netwtw06.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: I started getting the BSOD regularly every day after the recent windows automatic update. I am not sure how to correct this. I did notice that it would crash more frequently when using certain programs like accessing Asana online while using Zoom. Not sure what it is. Any...
  9. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys)

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys): My laptop started to bluescreen recently w/ windows 10. It has this message: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys) I have run a memory program, and it didn't find any errors in 1 pass, I am going to let it run over night and see if that helps. here are the .dmp...
  10. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys)

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys): I'm getting a BSOD crash that happens randomly. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. page fault error when playing games