Windows 10: Playing video with SMplayer

Discus and support Playing video with SMplayer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, On my 'new' pc there is a "smplayer portable" media player, when I right click on a clip and select "play with..." selecting this player, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, May 2, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Playing video with SMplayer

Hello,
    On my 'new' pc there is a "smplayer portable" media player, when I right click on a clip and select "play with..." selecting this player, I get a system error about a missing 'qtcore4.dll" file, saying to try reinstalling the player, looking into the player's folder, I find this file. If I open the player first, then drag the clip into the player's window - it plays the clip.
    Originaly the player was a 'zip' file, it did not have to be installed, just unzipped to a folder, and the .exe file was sent to desktop to make the shortcut.
    Any idea what to do ? (I like this player)
    Thanks for answers

:)

Motim, May 2, 2016
  2. pjtoledo Win User

Pictures and videos on the KIN2

You must download a player such as VLC or SMPlayer to view videos/pics rotated vertically unless you took them in a horizontal position. SMPlayer works well and remembers the new orientation. I learned that on this site.

pjtoledo, May 2, 2016
  3. wilson63 Win User
    N900 doesn't play MPEG 4 video files

Hi richwhite, I did entering the commands on your instructions but I this message " sudo gainroot" & press enter & Enable RD mode if you want to break your device & then type in apt-install command, a return message said sh:apt-install: not found.

Are there any other alternative? I tried KMPPlayer & SMPlayer but both of them fail to play MPEG4 video files, please instruct me on how to get into Devel, best regards.:smileysad:

wilson63, May 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Playing video with SMplayer [​IMG]

Suggests you need more..?

dalchina, May 3, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

can't help you with that one - but try VLC player (Free) --and supports almost every known video and audio codec on the planet including the newer H265 / HEVC stuff designed for UHD 4K video etc.

Cheers
    jimbo.

jimbo45, May 3, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    (My guess is Motim's downloaded the basic player and not the extras)

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Playing video with SMplayer - Similar Threads - Playing video SMplayer

2. Not playing a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not playing a video: When I attempt to play a video clip .avi I get this message: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." It is working on my co-worker's computer. She has Windows 10, I have Windows 11. It says 41.0 MB 42,998,294 bytes as the size of the video. Any...
  3. Video playing

Video playing: I have wlmp files. They do not play. I understand they need to be in a different file format. How do I do that? What media player should I use? Most of these files were originally made with an iPhone....
  4. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  5. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  6. play video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    play video: video plays for 2 minutes when says hour play error OxcOOd3a9a cant play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video/18b66a8b-579a-4900-8df1-955033124170
  7. playing videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing videos: when watching videos on fb or u tube etc. they keep stopping and have to click play button to keep seeing video. what do I need to do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-videos/0d571dd6-9e0c-401c-8623-a8b8951c7faf
  8. playing video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    playing video: I had been playing video when the computer was new. Weeks later it stopped. I started a new user account. This one plays video. So the problem cannot be in the computer, as some answers claim. The error is 224002. How to fix this on this user? An answer does not come up when...
  9. Video's will not play

Video's will not play: Hello, My laptop (acer) is only 4 years old and it suddenly won't play my videos - I downloaded video's that I originally filmed on my phone and they have played on my laptop in the past but now it suddenly won't. My Windows Media Player suddenly won't play them. Also my...
  10. Videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos will not play: Worked fine yesterday and now today any browser that tries to load a video freezes. Any video I try to start with media player or VLC just starts to load up and stops, nothing happens. Have been searching for fixes, Cleared internet history cache, checked in control panel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smplayer black screen win 10