Windows 10: playing videos with windows 10

Discus and support playing videos with windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Since I upgraded to windows 10 from windows Vista I haven't been able to play videos on my PC including You tube on internet whatever browser I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamilaChristie, Jul 10, 2018.

1. playing videos with windows 10

Hi, Since I upgraded to windows 10 from windows Vista I haven't been able to play videos on my PC including You tube on internet whatever browser I use

:)

JamilaChristie, Jul 10, 2018
  2. ZacharyF Win User

Videos not playing

Hi,

I am also having an issue with my videos not playing on any browser for windows 10. So I followed the steps that you listed for the video option but there is
    no folder called Display Drivers. There are folders called display adapters and disk drivers however. Maybe I should uninstall one of those?

Thanks

Zach

ZacharyF, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Video import and play on Windows 10

Hi Russ Bristol,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error message when you try to play imported videos in Windows media player?

• What is the format of the video files you try to play using Windows media player?
    Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Check the file type.

Check if the file type is supported in Windows Media Player 12. You may verify the information below. The information is more or less the same except for few file types such as H.264, Xvid and DivX video codecs, AAC audio<sup></sup>
    and 3GP, MP4 and MOV container formats that are natively supported by WMP 12.

Information about the Multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992/

Step 2: Download and install codec.

If the file type is supported by the Player, make sure the codec used to compress the file is installed on your computer. Some codec’s aren't supported by the Player.

Here’s how you can check for the codec of the file.

To do this, follow these steps in Windows Media Player 12:

• Determine whether the codec is installed on the computer that you are using to play the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. In the Now Playing area, right-click the file that you are trying to play, and then click
    Properties.

b. Click the File tab, note the codecs that are specified in the
    Audio codec and the Video codec areas, and then click
    OK. If the following condition is true, go to step 2.

No video codec is specified.

c. On the Help menu, click About Windows Media Player.

d. Click the Technical Support Information hyperlink.

e. Determine whether the video codec that you noted in step 1b is listed in the Video Codecs area. If the codec is not listed, go to step 2.

f. Try to reinstall the codec. If you cannot reinstall the codec, go to step 2.

g. Try to play the file. If you can play the file, go to step 3.

2. Install the codec.

To do this, follow the below steps:

a) If you receive an error message when you try to play the file, click
    Web Help. If you do not receive an error message when you try to play the file, go to step 3.

b) On the Microsoft Web site, click the link to the Wmplugins Web site. If this link is not present, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

c) Try to play the file. If you can play the file, skip step 3.

3. Obtain the codec from a external vendor. For information about your hardware manufacturer, visit the following Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/vendors/en-us

If your file format you have downloaded/imported is not supported in Windows Media Player. However use your favorite search engine to search for the application that converts the file to the format that Windows Media player supports.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

playing videos with windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

playing videos with windows 10

1. playing videos with windows 10 - Similar Threads - playing videos

2. Can't play some .MOV videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play some .MOV videos: I’ve been playing .MOV videos on Windows for about 20 years with whatever default program was provided. Now Windows 10 won’t play .MOV files taken before Sept 2010. But it plays .MOV files taken after Sept 2010. The default app is Movies & TV, which displays a “Can’t play:...
  3. Can't play some .MOV videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play some .MOV videos: I’ve been playing .MOV videos on Windows for about 20 years with whatever default program was provided. Now Windows 10 won’t play .MOV files taken before Sept 2010. But it plays .MOV files taken after Sept 2010. The default app is Movies & TV, which displays a “Can’t play:...
  4. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  5. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  6. My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game: My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-keeps-disconnecting-whenever-i-play/884057e7-2fd0-4421-be82-53931d8c8432
  7. My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game

My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game: My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-keeps-disconnecting-whenever-i-play/884057e7-2fd0-4421-be82-53931d8c8432
  8. PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help: My computer has been frequently freezing while playing video games for the past year. My screen will freeze on whatever the current image is and no input will change the screen. I have to hold down the power button on my pc. It doesn't matter what game I'm playing, from very...
  9. PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help

PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help: My computer has been frequently freezing while playing video games for the past year. My screen will freeze on whatever the current image is and no input will change the screen. I have to hold down the power button on my pc. It doesn't matter what game I'm playing, from very...
  10. PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging