Windows 10: Playon software issues

Discus and support Playon software issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just installed Playon Media Server on my W10 desktop. The server and the configuration software for it work as advertised, and I can use the server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lparsons21, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Playon software issues

Just installed Playon Media Server on my W10 desktop. The server and the configuration software for it work as advertised, and I can use the server from my TV via the Dish Hopper just fine.

But the Playon client and IE plugin cannot find the server. I've posted feedback to the W10 team and to the developers of Playon.

Anyone else tried this software with other results?

:)

lparsons21, Oct 17, 2014

2. after 10586, DLNA-based media streaming not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing this issue after updating the Windows 10 to new build 10586?

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I would suggest you to Uninstall the Playon Software.

• Press Start button and type Programs and Features.
    • Select the Playon Software.
    • Click on Uninstall and restart
      the PC.
    Step 2: Perform a clean boot and Install the Playon Software
    and check.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program
    in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Refer the below link and download the latest Software and install and check if the issue persists.

Playon support - User Guide

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 17, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Oct 17, 2014
  4. Playon software issues

I installed under 10162 and initiated copying several shows,
    when recording a TV show, playon's playlater consistently fails: "Can't play. This item's file format may be unsupported, the file extension may be incorrect, or the file may be corrupted. 0xc00d36c4.'
    Works fine under Vista.

dpmackinnon, Jul 9, 2015
Thema:

Playon software issues

1. Playon software issues - Similar Threads - Playon software issues

2. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  3. Software issues .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software issues .: Hey, I have a emachine desktop that's running windows 7 and I want to currently upgrade to windows 10. The problem is that I encounter issues like when I try to update it through the media tool, it'll process and grab all necessary0 files for that download then it'll take me...
  4. Software issues .

Software issues .: Hey, I have a emachine desktop that's running windows 7 and I want to currently upgrade to windows 10. The problem is that I encounter issues like when I try to update it through the media tool, it'll process and grab all necessary0 files for that download then it'll take me...
  5. software issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    software issue: so, a while back I took some steps to speed up my computer, minor things that didn't really matter, of these things were smooth scrolling, gif autoplay, and higher quality text was turned off all at once and I to this day have found no way to reverse it, all of the things I...
  6. software issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    software issue: after new 1903 software updating iam facing a problem, night light is not working plsssss help me anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-issue/8379d5be-f245-461f-9874-2f0973e411e2
  7. Windows 10 & Playon Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 & Playon Streaming: I am still trying (since early January) to adapt to the issues related to streaming to a WD My Cloud network device. So far I have managed to access the device in Windows and with Power Media Player 14. My efforts to use Playon to access it have failed. I am totally out of...
  8. 1809 issue or software issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1809 issue or software issue?: The Microsoft Refreshing Tool doesn't work on Windows 10 - 1809 this is what I'm getting when I run the tool to refresh my windows 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1809-issue-or-software-issue/cd82a06d-2665-4d44-b500-25bb3791443b
  9. Software issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Software issues: I recently tried to download and install some software from this site Worldwide Military Personnel and Unit Database Secure Software Installation Instructions 98 Million listings added since 04 July 1988. Active Military, Former Service, Military Family Members. I...
  10. Re : Playon app

Re : Playon app: I recall some time ago I happened to read a thread from which one member posted a screenshot that showed an app called Playon. I did not have Playon at the time. Lately I installed Playon to my computers. I have an issue which I can't resolve........ Under the Media...