Windows 10: PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad.

Discus and support PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Vendor told me new Windows specifications now disable the ability to turn off "tap to click" on a Synaptics (or any other) trackpad. No doubt to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by (no display name), Jul 25, 2018.

1. PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad.

Vendor told me new Windows specifications now disable the ability to turn off "tap to click" on a Synaptics (or any other) trackpad. No doubt to make my very expensive notebook work even more like my cheap phone.

however I travel a lot and "tap-click" makes it nearly impossible to do productive work on a plane or commuter train. Constant jostling / bumps and I'm accidentaly opening apps, dragging-dropping into oblivion, scrolling up/down, etc.

I am getting less and less productive with every release of Windows .. so PLEASE as one software developer to another, could MS please allow tap-click to be turned off? Or do I really need to throw out Windows entirely and go to Apple (yuch)?

Really really urgently asking this.

:)

(no display name), Jul 25, 2018
  2. rohannb Win User

How do I disable tap-to-click in Windows 10?

Whenever I type, the edge of my thumb tends to touch the trackpad on my laptop, causing the mouse to click or drag, which can end up with me suddenly typing in the wrong place. I often end up having to disable the trackpad entirely, which is annoying if
    I don't have a mouse nearby. I don't ever use the tap-to-click function; if I want to click something with my trackpad, I press it down.

I already looked up some suggestions to disable tap-to-click online, but none of them seem to work. Is there any way to disable tap-to-click, and if so, how?

Thanks, Rohan

rohannb, Jul 25, 2018
  3. How to disable the tapping function on the synaptics touchpad Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to disable the tapping function on the synaptic touchpad in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    ”Jessen P” replied on January 7, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

How to disable tap to click on trackpad for Windows 8?

Note:
    The steps mentioned in the above article holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Marc Cai Win User

PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad.

Disabling Tapping on Windows 10

Hello Paul,

We would like to verify if you's still unable to disable the Tapping of your Lenovo Miix 310?

The steps that were suggested above by Yashwanth Kotakuri is helpful. That is the actual way to disable the
    Tapping function of your laptop. Since you mentioned that you do not have the "Tapping" settings, then there must another thing that we need to do.

It is important to let us know the reason why do you want disable the "Tapping" function.

Regards,

Marc Cai, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad.

1. PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad. - Similar Threads - PLEASE disable tap

2. Disabling Tap to Click on Wireless Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Tap to Click on Wireless Keyboard: I haven't been able to find a setting for my keyboard's 'Tap to Click' on the touchpad.Does Windows 11 have a setting for the mousepad?I could use the keyboard software. Trying to eliminate startup items.James...
  3. Disabling Tap to Click on Wireless Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Tap to Click on Wireless Keyboard: I haven't been able to find a setting for my keyboard's 'Tap to Click' on the touchpad.Does Windows 11 have a setting for the mousepad?I could use the keyboard software. Trying to eliminate startup items.James...
  4. Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging: So since my trackpad is trash I had to enable this and it's likeable, my issue with this is that if I tap 2 times in a "short" time on a chrome tab, for instance, it will start dragging it and its really annoying. Basically I want it to register a click, but not remembering...
  5. Tap to Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tap to Click: Can't turn off tap to click in Windows 10 on new HP computer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-to-click/37276d93-9bd3-4b8c-8162-ceafe1ecad1d
  6. How to disable tap clicking?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable tap clicking?: I cant stand tap clicking, how can I disable it? In other versions of windows I was able to do it pretty easily in the settings, but now I cant find the option. Anyone know how to do it? submitted by /u/MrYoshi411 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to disable tap to click

How to disable tap to click: I have tried pretty much everything people have said online but nothing works! either the tabs aren't there or the solutions just don't work. I am at my wit's end! Computer is an Alienware Area 51m...
  8. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  9. Disabling tap to click in windows 10

Disabling tap to click in windows 10: I have an MSI computer with a Synaptics touch pad. I have not been able to disable the tap to click "feature" on the touch pad MSI says it is all controlled by Windows 10 and I have to wait to see if they fix it. This sounds wrong to me cause I have a Dell laptop running the...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Go turn off tap to click please

2. tap click windows 10

3. cube mix plus disable tap to click