Windows 10: Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018

Discus and support Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft. I can see from the numerous posts that you messed up everyone's computers with your update on 8JUN2018. You screwed both of mine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Whitealleycat, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018

Hello Microsoft.

I can see from the numerous posts that you messed up everyone's computers with your update on 8JUN2018. You screwed both of mine. Here is the list of how your update ruined both my smoothly operating computers:

1. One drive disconnects and cannot be reconnected. (Called in and had the system reset Windows (saving profiles), had this done twice, and still disconnected and disappeared a few days later. You cannot reconnect even when downloading to reinstall.)

2. All graphics drivers fail and the screen's resolution is changed and cannot be corrected.

3. Sticky notes error - I don't have permission

4. Windows Shell Experience - don't have permission

This happened to both of my computers (desktop and laptop) and affected everyone in the family's profile.

I am on vacation right now, and it is a sunny day. I have lots to do. However, I am trying to fix my computers which your update messed up royally. As I can see here, you are at a loss to fix any of the problems you have created. And I am paying $125 bucks a year for this privilege.

Please own this problem you have created and fix it now. Please send us a patch and fix it.

I have just finished resetting windows (clean install and profile rebuild) on my laptop which was not fun, only to have Sticky and Shell permission errors come up. Only time will tell if one drive disconnects and the graphics driver is corrupted.

Please do something about this.

Thank you,

JH

:)

Whitealleycat, Jul 23, 2018

2. Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018

Hello Microsoft.

I can see from the numerous posts that you messed up everyone's computers with your update on 8JUN2018. You screwed both of mine. Here is the list of how your update ruined both my smoothly operating computers:

1. One drive disconnects and cannot be reconnected. (Called in and had the system reset Windows (saving profiles), had this done twice, and still disconnected and disappeared a few days later. You cannot reconnect even when downloading to reinstall.)

2. All graphics drivers fail and the screen's resolution is changed and cannot be corrected.

3. Sticky notes error - I don't have permission

4. Windows Shell Experience - don't have permission

This happened to both of my computers (desktop and laptop) and affected everyone in the family's profile.

I am on vacation right now, and it is a sunny day. I have lots to do. However, I am trying to fix my computers which your update messed up royally. As I can see here, you are at a loss to fix any of the problems you have created. And I am paying $125
    bucks a year for this privilege.

Please own this problem you have created and fix it now. Please send us a patch and fix it.

I have just finished resetting windows (clean install and profile rebuild) on my laptop which was not fun, only to have Sticky and Shell permission errors come up. Only time will tell if one drive disconnects and the graphics driver is corrupted.

Please do something about this.

Thank you,

JH

Whitealleycat, Oct 14, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Oct 14, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018

1. Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018 - Similar Threads - Please fix horrible

2. Fix your update delivery, please!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix your update delivery, please!: I have been trying to install both the Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 and the Office XP Service Pack 3 for two months now. I have gone through EVERY suggestion I have found. I have cleared disk space and have also attached a 512 G external drive. I have cleared...
  3. how to fix Microsoft's Horrible choices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix Microsoft's Horrible choices: idk if this has happened to everyone but when i go to edit a clip in movies and tv now i have to use clip champ, one of the most slowest editing programs madebut in reality it wouldn't be that if i didn't have to manually choose what file type to save it as so i have to re...
  4. Please fix your store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please fix your store.: Please fix Microsoft store. There's so many issues and I CANNOT find any alternatives on google. The main issue is nothing is available. I want to download garageband. Doesn't show up. I want to download LMMS, doesn't show up. I want to download FL Studio, doesn't show up....
  5. Please fix your store.

Please fix your store.: Please fix Microsoft store. There's so many issues and I CANNOT find any alternatives on google. The main issue is nothing is available. I want to download garageband. Doesn't show up. I want to download LMMS, doesn't show up. I want to download FL Studio, doesn't show up....
  6. The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE!: After being forced to "upgrade" my HP laptop to the NEW Windows 10, the performance went from good to terrible. Nothing I did to delete and reinstall programs helped. As a last resort, I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop thinking I could rebuild my files. WRONG!...
  7. WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message"

WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message": Windows Mail repeatedly displays the message "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***." How do I make this messages go away! I have Emailed the above address from my outlook account and answered it from my Gmail account. I...
  8. windows 10 horribleness

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 horribleness: are people at MS taking this seriously??? been on windows 10 for probably 2 years and it just keeps getting worse, i have always hated OSx, and love my Lenovo thinkpads, but damn, seriously contemplating. So much horribleness. can't even remember wifi networks.. comon...
  9. outlook.com update is horrible

in Browsers and Email
    outlook.com update is horrible: iv noticed the las couple days they have done some updates to outlook.com why do they mess with what works fine,now it is way slower and the interface is pink in colour they need to leave what works fine alone.*Mad 27803
  10. Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!: Hello Since the last windows update i need to restart windows explorer 10 times per day because the task bar with start button on bottom of windows is not closing when im watching videos etc. When you restart explorer is goes away with task manager. And one more thing its...