Windows 10: Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

Discus and support Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Since the last windows update i need to restart windows explorer 10 times per day because the task bar with start button on bottom of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SheppardSG1, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

Hello
    Since the last windows update i need to restart windows explorer 10 times per day because the task bar with start button on bottom of windows is not closing when im watching videos etc. When you restart explorer is goes away with task manager.
    And one more thing its very annoying when you stream or work and windows update is restarting your PC by itself ! At least gave us a option that we can select never restart by itself and we can restart whenever we want it its not that hard to do that.
    If this will go on forever i will go back to windows 7 cause this windows 10 is worst with every update and its pissing me off. Dont fix what is working before.
    Take care.

:)

SheppardSG1, Jul 4, 2017

2. Start menu and cortana not working in Windows 10

i am still having to regularly do this.

norton is "version" up to date

windows 10 is up to date

please fix your software, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Start menu and cortana not working in Windows 10

i am having to do it once a week nearly... but it works for me as long as i have disabled norton while it is being done... otherwise it makes no difference...

i noted norton advised of an update after the W10 automatic updates this week... and when it updated it warned that the version of norton i was using was no longer w10 compatible... just as it wasnt when i first updated to w10 in the summer. microsoft
    has made a consumer pig out of something that should be "seen and not heard"

please fix your software, Jul 4, 2017
  4. Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

To disable auto-restart run this:
    Code: schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /Disable ren "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" "Reboot.bak" md "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /Disable[/quote] Trying to fix Explorer, run this:
    Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "SeparateProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "DesktopProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f[/quote] Then download ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

Options - select Hide Microsoft extensions.

Select all that is left and disable it, see, if it helps.

Running SFC scan would not hurt either.

Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

TairikuOkami, Jul 4, 2017
Thema:

Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

1. Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart! - Similar Threads - Please Fix Explorer

2. Fix your update delivery, please!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix your update delivery, please!: I have been trying to install both the Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 and the Office XP Service Pack 3 for two months now. I have gone through EVERY suggestion I have found. I have cleared disk space and have also attached a 512 G external drive. I have cleared...
  3. Please fix your store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please fix your store.: Please fix Microsoft store. There's so many issues and I CANNOT find any alternatives on google. The main issue is nothing is available. I want to download garageband. Doesn't show up. I want to download LMMS, doesn't show up. I want to download FL Studio, doesn't show up....
  4. Please fix your store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please fix your store.: Please fix Microsoft store. There's so many issues and I CANNOT find any alternatives on google. The main issue is nothing is available. I want to download garageband. Doesn't show up. I want to download LMMS, doesn't show up. I want to download FL Studio, doesn't show up....
  5. Updates are underway, Please don’t close your computer, Restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are underway, Please don’t close your computer, Restarting.: I need help, my computer is stuck on Updates are underway, please don’t turn of the computer, and right after that it says restarting… then it restarts. It has been like this for hours how can I fix this? It’s like an endless loop. I have a Acer Aspire desktop...
  6. Updates are underway, Please don’t close your computer, Restarting.

Updates are underway, Please don’t close your computer, Restarting.: I need help, my computer is stuck on Updates are underway, please don’t turn of the computer, and right after that it says restarting… then it restarts. It has been like this for hours how can I fix this? It’s like an endless loop. I have a Acer Aspire desktop...
  7. Your Hardware settings has changed. Please restart your system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Hardware settings has changed. Please restart your system.: I installed windows 11 few days ago and since then everytime i run my notebook i got message that my hardware setting has changed. it is from AMD. i tried to reinstall amd drivers, but it did not change anything. I also tried to install older version it did not want to...
  8. Your Hardware settings has changed. Please restart your system.

Your Hardware settings has changed. Please restart your system.: I installed windows 11 few days ago and since then everytime i run my notebook i got message that my hardware setting has changed. it is from AMD. i tried to reinstall amd drivers, but it did not change anything. I also tried to install older version it did not want to...
  9. WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message"

WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message": Windows Mail repeatedly displays the message "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***." How do I make this messages go away! I have Emailed the above address from my outlook account and answered it from my Gmail account. I...
  10. Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018: Hello Microsoft. I can see from the numerous posts that you messed up everyone's computers with your update on 8JUN2018. You screwed both of mine. Here is the list of how your update ruined both my smoothly operating computers: 1. One drive disconnects and cannot be...