Windows 10: Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

Discus and support Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Since the last windows update i need to restart windows explorer 10 times per day because the task bar with start button on bottom of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SheppardSG1, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

Hello
    Since the last windows update i need to restart windows explorer 10 times per day because the task bar with start button on bottom of windows is not closing when im watching videos etc. When you restart explorer is goes away with task manager.
    And one more thing its very annoying when you stream or work and windows update is restarting your PC by itself ! At least gave us a option that we can select never restart by itself and we can restart whenever we want it its not that hard to do that.
    If this will go on forever i will go back to windows 7 cause this windows 10 is worst with every update and its pissing me off. Dont fix what is working before.
    Take care.

:)

SheppardSG1, Jul 4, 2017

2. Start menu and cortana not working in Windows 10

i am still having to regularly do this.

norton is "version" up to date

windows 10 is up to date

please fix your software, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Start menu and cortana not working in Windows 10

i am having to do it once a week nearly... but it works for me as long as i have disabled norton while it is being done... otherwise it makes no difference...

i noted norton advised of an update after the W10 automatic updates this week... and when it updated it warned that the version of norton i was using was no longer w10 compatible... just as it wasnt when i first updated to w10 in the summer. microsoft
    has made a consumer pig out of something that should be "seen and not heard"

please fix your software, Jul 4, 2017
  4. Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

To disable auto-restart run this:
    Code: schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /Disable ren "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" "Reboot.bak" md "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot" /Disable[/quote] Trying to fix Explorer, run this:
    Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "SeparateProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "DesktopProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f[/quote] Then download ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

Options - select Hide Microsoft extensions.

Select all that is left and disable it, see, if it helps.

Running SFC scan would not hurt either.

Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

TairikuOkami, Jul 4, 2017
Thema:

Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart!

1. Please Fix Your Windows Explorer And Update Restart! - Similar Threads - Please Fix Explorer

2. Fix Your Broken Updater, Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Your Broken Updater, Microsoft: So first of all, let me pose a question: It's clear enough to me that Microsoft does not care about its customers, I get that, and I hope you people die. However...if we could be civil just for a second, maybe someone with brains here could actually solve this instead of...
  3. auto restart complaint (microsoft please fix)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto restart complaint (microsoft please fix): I just wanna say that I think auto restart is a BAD idea for a feature. If my computer is on, chances are I'm busy doing something on it. If I'm in the middle of something, I don't want my computer suddenly restarting. That would be very disruptive. I've even heard it can...
  4. WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message": Windows Mail repeatedly displays the message "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***." How do I make this messages go away! I have Emailed the above address from my outlook account and answered it from my Gmail account. I...
  5. PLEASE Fix OneNote update issue !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE Fix OneNote update issue !!!: It's been several months already that OneNote app for Windows 10 is not working anymore because of an update error of the app who never gets to 100%. I'm not the only one who have this issue. There is currently NO SOLUTION to that, and Microsoft doesn't seems to do...
  6. "audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

in Windows 10 Support
    "audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube: Hey guys I am getting an error in windows 10 on youtube in both chrome and other browsers. What is so strange is any video on youtube will play for around 4-5 seconds and then suddenly I will get this error on the device. [img] [img] Does anyone have any idea what...
  7. Please fix Explorer incomplete search results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please fix Explorer incomplete search results: This is a request towards Microsoft to please finally fix the incomplete search results in file explorer. I just spend a lot of time again trying to find a file that I could've found in 3 seconds, if only search was actually showing all files and folders within the selected...
  8. Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.: I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. It reoccurs after a while after restarting. https://gyazo.com/3c12afff6573e907ebd3b08a37bdddf8...
  9. Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018

Please fix your horrible Windows 10 Update from 8JUN2018: Hello Microsoft. I can see from the numerous posts that you messed up everyone's computers with your update on 8JUN2018. You screwed both of mine. Here is the list of how your update ruined both my smoothly operating computers: 1. One drive disconnects and cannot be...
  10. "Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error

"Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error: Hi Guys, I recently tried to install windows 10 on my iMac (installed directly from my windows 8.1 bootcamp partition). It took a very very long time to install, and when finished my monitor would flicker on and off every few seconds. When I typed in my password to...