Windows 10: Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

Discus and support Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Like the title says, I activated the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 and when I clicked on Reboot Now, it boots right into grub now as if I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by freshbtcer, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

Like the title says,

I activated the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 and when I clicked on Reboot Now, it boots right into grub now as if I installed a copy of linux and the grub bootloader..

I would like NOT to lose all my files, I know I can use a live image to get into it and save the files, just a pain in the ass using this computer for burning images to usb.

:)

freshbtcer, Oct 2, 2017

2. I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I started getting pop ups saying the activation key will expire on August 1st.

* Original Title: windows 10 activation

I purchased a lap top with windows 8 installed, I then took the free upgrade to 8.1, and later took the free upgrade to windows 10, all worked fine until July this year when I started getting pop ups saying the activation key will expire on august 1st, I
    used the windows 8 activation key and it did not work, I used various keys suggested by windows, none worked, I had many error codes that I put on this site hoping for help, it is now August the 1st and now my computer shuts down every 4 hours.

If I can't get this fixed I guess my only alternative is Linux.

barrypotts, Oct 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 activation

I'm having problems activating my copy of Windows 10. Originally I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 via update. I used to run Windows on Virtualbox as my main OS is on Linux, I've now decided to have a dual boot system instead, so made a clean install of Windows
    10 on my hard drive, now Windows 10 can't activate. I'm guessing it thinks I'm still using my Virtualbox install so now it looks like I have two copies running.

Any ideas how to get this activated?

Thanks

PowerDroid5000, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

Nevermind, sorry for the wasted post... I had a usb hard drive plugged in that had a linux image set up on it, i feel dumb. Sorry again for the wasted thread, OP please delete or archive

freshbtcer, Oct 2, 2017
Thema:

Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

1. Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows - Similar Threads - Please help Activated

2. Can't activate Windows after I updated, please help.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows after I updated, please help.: Hello, as I got my new computers for my library, one of them updated and now I have the Activate Windows watermark, and cannot get to activate Windows. I get error 0xC004C003. Please help....
  3. Please Please Please help

Please Please Please help: Please help, I have purchased Windows 10 Enterprise code from Snapdeal.com. They have given me link to windows and a key to activate windows. When I download and installed their windows I found that windows has errors while updating. Error in installing update 1803. I...
  4. Changed motherboard, can't activate Windows now

Changed motherboard, can't activate Windows now: I just bought a brand new copy of Windows 10 Home from the Windows Microsoft Store last week. Today I had to swap my motherboard and now my copy of Windows is no longer activated, despite being logged into my Microsoft account. I went to the activation screen>troubleshoot>"I...
  5. Activation help please.

Activation help please.: Hey! I'm Kyle and I need help with something, I have got a new computer now so I don't use my old one as much but my old computer was activated. My new computer isn't activated so I was wondering if I can get rid of the activation on my old computer and get it back on the...
  6. Is Vmware getting generous now !!!! Windows serial works for Linux

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is Vmware getting generous now !!!! Windows serial works for Linux: Hi there I have a license for vmware workstation rel 14 I got from the company where I'm doing some contract work as a consultant -- it's a volume license with no expiration and I've been using it on Windows 10 with no problems. Anyway guess my surprise when I...
  7. Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery

Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery: Hi There, I am now stumped .............. Background: 1) Have previously upgraded & dumped a Win7_64 Ult [SlicBios] into Win10_64 Pro and achieved successful online activation. 2) Following 1) & starting with a 'fresh' {OFFLINE} install of W10_64 Pro, whereby I...
  8. Please HELP! Changed HP laptop active partition W10 now can't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Please HELP! Changed HP laptop active partition W10 now can't boot: Hello, The problem is also more complicated because the laptop cannot see any bootable USB sticks so I can't access anything except the Bios. The problem is self created. I was trying to clean up a multi partitioned drive and then merging the partitions. There were 4...
  9. Getting Errors - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Errors - Please Help: I was having issues with my desktop. I ran a diagnostics through powerfcg.exe and found this. Let me know what you guys think I should do: Energy efficiency problems were found. 2 Errors 5 Warnings 26 Informational See below for more details: Power Efficiency...
  10. Help please can't log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Help please can't log in: I think I messed up. So I don't have access to the screen where you put your password. Its just a blue screen and I can't click or write anything. I don't know what I did when I tried to changed the background color for an image, I think I delete something or downloaded a...