Windows 10: Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

Discus and support Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Like the title says, I activated the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 and when I clicked on Reboot Now, it boots right into grub now as if I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by freshbtcer, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

Like the title says,

I activated the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 and when I clicked on Reboot Now, it boots right into grub now as if I installed a copy of linux and the grub bootloader..

I would like NOT to lose all my files, I know I can use a live image to get into it and save the files, just a pain in the ass using this computer for burning images to usb.

:)

freshbtcer, Oct 2, 2017

2. I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I started getting pop ups saying the activation key will expire on August 1st.

* Original Title: windows 10 activation

I purchased a lap top with windows 8 installed, I then took the free upgrade to 8.1, and later took the free upgrade to windows 10, all worked fine until July this year when I started getting pop ups saying the activation key will expire on august 1st, I
    used the windows 8 activation key and it did not work, I used various keys suggested by windows, none worked, I had many error codes that I put on this site hoping for help, it is now August the 1st and now my computer shuts down every 4 hours.

If I can't get this fixed I guess my only alternative is Linux.

barrypotts, Oct 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 activation

I'm having problems activating my copy of Windows 10. Originally I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 via update. I used to run Windows on Virtualbox as my main OS is on Linux, I've now decided to have a dual boot system instead, so made a clean install of Windows
    10 on my hard drive, now Windows 10 can't activate. I'm guessing it thinks I'm still using my Virtualbox install so now it looks like I have two copies running.

Any ideas how to get this activated?

Thanks

PowerDroid5000, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

Nevermind, sorry for the wasted post... I had a usb hard drive plugged in that had a linux image set up on it, i feel dumb. Sorry again for the wasted thread, OP please delete or archive

freshbtcer, Oct 2, 2017
Thema:

Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows

1. Please help! Activated Linux SubSytem, now can't get windows - Similar Threads - Please help Activated

2. I can't activate my window, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate my window, please help: I cannot activate my window 10.Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-window-please-help/95da027c-e2b6-4c5b-8421-5d2c3a2fb53f
  3. I can't activate my window, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't activate my window, please help: I cannot activate my window 10.Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-window-please-help/95da027c-e2b6-4c5b-8421-5d2c3a2fb53f
  4. I can't activate my window, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't get into laptop. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get into laptop. Please help!: So I woke up and found that I wasn't able to log in to my laptop. I get to the screen where you would put in your pin as it normally does but when I put in the pin it says it was locked due to security issues. That never happened before. I know what my pin is but it's forcing...
  6. Can't get into laptop. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get into laptop. Please help!: So I woke up and found that I wasn't able to log in to my laptop. I get to the screen where you would put in your pin as it normally does but when I put in the pin it says it was locked due to security issues. That never happened before. I know what my pin is but it's forcing...
  7. Please Help: I Reset Windows and Now I can't Activate my License...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Help: I Reset Windows and Now I can't Activate my License...: Hello Everyone, I recently purchased my work computer from my former employer after being laid off due to the Covid impact. They still had a lot of IT and Management protocols installed so I decided to wipe it and start over. I still have the discs and other literature...
  8. Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated.

Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated.: I used to have Windows 7 Professional on my desktop, but in 2015 when they offered Windows 10 Pro for free, I got it. After awhile I noticed my desktop running slower and had little space on my terabyte hard-drive, so I did successfully reset my computer and fresh start it,...
  9. Activation help please.

Activation help please.: Hey! I'm Kyle and I need help with something, I have got a new computer now so I don't use my old one as much but my old computer was activated. My new computer isn't activated so I was wondering if I can get rid of the activation on my old computer and get it back on the...
  10. Please HELP! Changed HP laptop active partition W10 now can't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Please HELP! Changed HP laptop active partition W10 now can't boot: Hello, The problem is also more complicated because the laptop cannot see any bootable USB sticks so I can't access anything except the Bios. The problem is self created. I was trying to clean up a multi partitioned drive and then merging the partitions. There were 4...