Windows 10: Please help black screen after updating to windows 10

Discus and support Please help black screen after updating to windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I decided to upgrade to widows 10 from windows 8.1. Everything was fine until after it asked me to accept some settings to do with windows 10 and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Astrid, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Astrid Win User

Please help black screen after updating to windows 10

I decided to upgrade to widows 10 from windows 8.1. Everything was fine until after it asked me to accept some settings to do with windows 10 and it explained some new and improved apps that have been upgraded in windows ten. After using the recommended settings I can't really remember what happened next but my computer restarted and it showed the HP logo, loaded for a bit then my screen was completely black. I thought it was something to do with the installation so I left it for a bit. After coming back to check on it, the black screen was still there. I wiggled my mouse and a cursor came up. The cursor was the default arrow but it was flickering between the arrow and the loading blue circle. Again I thought it was something to do with the update. After leaving it for a bit more it was still on the same screen. I looked up a few guides on the Internet to see if I could fix the black screen but none have worked. I tried windows key + p to Change between monitors ( I have a laptop HP envy) I tired control alt delete on all different moniters but none came up with anything. If you have a solution please help.

:)

Astrid, Sep 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 black screen with cursor

After updation of my laptop core i3 5547 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 successfully now Iogin but after here appear black screen with functional cursor Alt cntrl +delete is working but black screen please anyone help me..

shadmohammad, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Frequent black screen/unresponsive requiring hard boot

Hi,

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you getting black screen before sign in or after sign in?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

Please help black screen after updating to windows 10

1. Please help black screen after updating to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Please help black

2. Please help, Black screen after updating to windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, Black screen after updating to windows 11.: I am getting a black screen since my computer updated to Windows 11. None of the recovery options are working. My computer will not go into safe mode. The restore points do not work, I keep getting an error. The repair is not working. Please help....
  3. Please help, Black screen after updating to windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help, Black screen after updating to windows 11.: I am getting a black screen since my computer updated to Windows 11. None of the recovery options are working. My computer will not go into safe mode. The restore points do not work, I keep getting an error. The repair is not working. Please help....
  4. Help with a black screen after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with a black screen after Windows 10 updates: I have a black screen with the cursor working, desktop icons displayed but not working, and nothing in the task bar after the most recent Windows update. I have Windows 10 on an older Dell desktop computer. This has happened every time Windows updates and I have to resort to...
  5. Help with a black screen after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a black screen after Windows 10 updates: I have a black screen with the cursor working, desktop icons displayed but not working, and nothing in the task bar after the most recent Windows update. I have Windows 10 on an older Dell desktop computer. This has happened every time Windows updates and I have to resort to...
  6. Help with a black screen after Windows 10 updates

7. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  8. Black Screen help please

Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  9. BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!: Today i turned on my pc as usual, but i had some troubles...[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-help/7fcdc8a1-13a6-44d6-8bb7-1be326d1d706
  10. PLEASE HELP! black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PLEASE HELP! black screen: Hi, i have been getting a black screen even on safe mode, so basically cant do anything just, The only thing that i can do is run the troubleshoot. Im not sure why this happened, at the beginning i thought it was a problem with my gpu or some drivers, so i went in safe mode...