Windows 10: Please help me get back online

Discus and support Please help me get back online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, I literally signed up for these forums with the hope that someone here will be able to help me fix this issue. I'm borrowing my roommate's laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geturact2gether, May 9, 2016.

1. Please help me get back online

Okay, I literally signed up for these forums with the hope that someone here will be able to help me fix this issue. I'm borrowing my roommate's laptop and have been googling fixes for nearly 12 hours now and nothing has worked. Sunday I was able to get online just fine, but then Monday, I come home from work and my computer just won't connect to the internet. No updates happened, no settings were changed, just poof, no internet. When I run the troubleshooter, about 60% of the time it tells me that "windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing". The rest of the time it tells me that the problem is probably my router. I have tried:

-scanning for viruses and malware
    -restarting the router
    -reSETTING the router
    -turning off firewalls
    -disabling antivirus programs
    -system restore to before the last windows update (which was 3 weeks ago)
    -sfc/scannow
    -ipconfig/flushdns, registerdns, release, renew
    -netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    -installing new drivers for my network drivers (used my roommate's computer to download them)
    -disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP
    -disabled internet protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) both in the network connection properties and with regedit
    -resetting winsock in the command prompt
    -the winsock reset tool from majorgeeks.com
    -when I tried to follow the guide here ([FIX] Windows Sockets Registry Entries Required For Network Connectivity Are Missing) I got to the end and got the "program is blocked by group policy" error. I followed the rest of his guide, deleting winsock and winsock2 with the registry editor and replacing them with the downloaded versions, but I just keep getting the "program is blocked by group policy" error when trying to install internet protocol (TCP/IP) - Tunnels.
    -googling around, I'm finding a whole lot of people with the same problem as me but literally no answers as to how to actually fix or bypass the "group policy" error

I'd really like to get back online on my computer, and I REALLY would prefer not to do a system refresh - the thought of having to reinstall all of my programs and get all of my settings back to where they were is a nightmare. There is also the possibility that refreshing wouldn't even fix the problem. I would also rather not downgrade back to Windows 7, because I do like at least SOME of the features of 10, but I will if I have to.

I am extremely unhappy with Windows 10 so far. I've had it since August and it has just been problem after problem. I have been using PCs for decades and never had to bother with the command prompt or the registry editor before windows 10.

:)

geturact2gether, May 9, 2016

2. please help me get back spider solitaire from windows 7

I have windows 10 but I loved spider solitaire in windows 7. How can I get it back.

[Moved from Internet Explorer]

carylfield, May 9, 2016
  3. please help me get back spider solitaire from windows 7

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to play Spider Solitaire game on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below article by Andre Da Costa,
    to check which features are removed from Windows 10.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Refer to section: Which features will be removed when I upgrade from a previous version of Windows?

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Please help me get back online

Hi, I offer this without warranty or proof that it's functional as regards the group policy editor:
    How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG
    This is said to also apply to Win 10.

Without that you need bat files or reg files (e.g.) to do the same.

Assuming you don't have restore points that may be useful, and haven't yet realised disk imaging really is pretty much essential to support Windows (e.g. Macrium Reflect -free - plus its boot medium + external storage) so you can recover from difficulties without a struggle or resorting to technical assistance, try a simple fix without getting too arcane:

Download Tweaking.com's repair tool (free), work thru the cautious stages carefully, select only the Network repair option, run it and see if that helps.

(I had a similar experience where my internet failed similarly, my PC simply standing idle over lunch one day- sleep, resume - no internet. Just once. I believe I used that tool then).

dalchina, May 9, 2016
Thema:

Please help me get back online

1. Please help me get back online - Similar Threads - Please help online

2. Please help me get rid of these

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me get rid of these: These little shortcuts ranomly appear in my taskbar. Why cant i just NOT have them in my taskbar????????? Please windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-get-rid-of-these/528af452-dc22-48f8-8d01-ca64990f11d6
  3. Please help me get rid of these

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me get rid of these: These little shortcuts ranomly appear in my taskbar. Why cant i just NOT have them in my taskbar????????? Please windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-get-rid-of-these/528af452-dc22-48f8-8d01-ca64990f11d6
  4. Please help me get rid of these

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????: I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online......Printer works for my ipad, iphone and my daughters computer window 10same as mine.I have every fix i can find, updated the driver, removed and reinstalled drivers printer software, checked the wifi and all. PLEASE...
  6. I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????: I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online......Printer works for my ipad, iphone and my daughters computer window 10same as mine.I have every fix i can find, updated the driver, removed and reinstalled drivers printer software, checked the wifi and all. PLEASE...
  7. I can NOT for life of me get my Brother Printer online, Please Help?????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Somebody please help me get my accounts back!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Somebody please help me get my accounts back!: I’m struggling and so tired, I’ve tried many reboots and reinstalls... progress gets made but it gets worse again! I don’t have any money except an eBay gift card for $100 I need help! Nothing is saving so I’m assuming whoever this is, is watching and changing what I’m doing...
  9. Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW: I was trying to erase a GPT partition form a USB thumb drive with diskpart while my 4TB segate external drive was connected, I don't know what happened, but now I don't have access to my external drive. I have precious memory in the drive. Please help me get back my files,...
  10. My taskbar clock dissappeared please help me get it back :

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar clock dissappeared please help me get it back :: I have no idea how this happened but it was a week or so ago. I have Windows 10 64bit Home Edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-clock-dissappeared-please-help-me-get/284fde90-5a51-460e-b25f-d28cbf65c586