Windows 10: Please help me resolve this home network issue

Discus and support Please help me resolve this home network issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve spent weeks trying to solve this and it’s driving me insane. Please help if you can. I have a home network with 4 machines, all running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dougal, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Dougal Win User

Please help me resolve this home network issue

I’ve spent weeks trying to solve this and it’s driving me insane. Please help if you can.
    I have a home network with 4 machines, all running Windows10. All installations are about 2 months old, and the problem only started after the recent Windows reinstall.
    The main desktop PC (PC1) shows up in all the other network lists, but if I attempt to connect, it eventually times out, stating that: ‘Windows cannot access L: \\PC1’ (error code 0x80070035). If I ask Windows to diagnose, it states: ‘Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but PC1 (server) is not responding’.
    The server (PC1) can access all other Public Folders without issue, and they can all access each other. None however, can access PC1 L I’ve checked and triple checked, but all network settings are the same on all machines. And yet, none of the client machines can access my main desktop PC. So basically, it works one way, but not the other:-(
    I’ll endeavour to supply as much info here as possible.

The tech spec and details are:
    PC1 and PC2 are hard wired with RJ45 via BT Hub
    Remainder are wireless laptops
    Active network shown as Private on all four
    Comp names: PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4.
    Workgroup: MBNET (all the same)

All PCs are set to:
    Turn on network discovery
    Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices
    Turn on file and printer sharing
    Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections
    Turn off password protected sharing
    Removed all Antivirus software and turned OFF Windows Defender Firewall on all machines.

None of my Windows ‘Restore Points’ or backups change it.
    All PCs access the internet without issue.

If I ‘ping’ PC1 as 192.168.1.101’ from clients, then:
    Reply from 192.168.1.101: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

If I try to ping using its name ‘PC1’ I get:
    Reply from 192.168.1.102: Destination host unreachable.

This is SO frustrating

I’ve Googled ‘error code 0x80070035’ and tried many varied different fixes, all to with zero results.

:)

Dougal, Jan 30, 2018

2. please help me to resolve this problem

I have installed three windows in my pc first windows 7, windows 10 32 bit and windows 10 64 bit version but which is default os. all os was working perfectly but few days ago when I was working in windows 7 then in my absense my cousin executed some
    files in windows 7 since then whenever I try to boot in windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit I stucked at windows deffender offline start-up loop

jaiparkash1, Jan 30, 2018
  3. texo---01 Win User
    Please if anyone can help me in solving this issue with N73

I am in America using nokia n73(unlocked) with T-mobile

the problem i am having is every time I restart my phone or Lock my phone I get the Voice mail Indicator saying that i have a voice mail and i tryed taking the sim card out and putting it in another phone and leaving a voice mail and deleting it then i tryed
    to put the sim back into the n73 but still haveing the same problem everytime I restart it does that, shows an Voice mail indication please if anyone can help me pls do thanks.

will wait for a reply

texo---01, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Please help me resolve this home network issue

FreeBooter, Jan 30, 2018
  5. Dougal Win User
    Wow lots to check on there. Thank you very much will report back tmrw

Dougal, Jan 30, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    What was your anti virusa lot if you remove it it block the net and you need to use their tool from their website to remove whats left avast is one of the ones that does this.
    OPen a admin cmd prompt type each cmd press return after every one
    netsh advfirewall reset
    netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state ON
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh int ipv4 reset
    netsh int ipv6 reset
    bitsadmin /reset /allusers

then reboot

Samuria, Jan 31, 2018
  7. Dougal Win User
    As these are fresh install's, there has not yet been any AV software installed. Only Defender, which is disabled while I try to sort this. Not back on my network now until tmrw, so will try all suggestions and report back then.
    Extremely grateful for the feedback.

Dougal, Jan 31, 2018
  8. Dougal Win User

Dougal, Jan 31, 2018
  9. Dougal Win User
    Tried all this but it hasn't changed anything:-(

Dougal, Jan 31, 2018
  10. Dougal Win User
    It makes no sense to me as all settings appear exactly the same on all machines:-(
    I've got files and folders I really need to share across my network:-(

Dougal, Jan 31, 2018
  11. Clint Win User
    On PC1>go to settings>Network and Internet> at the bottom of the page> click on network Reset. It takes 5 min. It will come up with a box that says do you want this PC to be Discovered. Check yes. That fixed mine.

Clint, Jan 31, 2018
  12. To reference other PCs by NetBIOS name in order to make an IP connection requires that you have NetBIOS-over-TCP/IP enabled on all PCs, and that you have configured Windows Firewall to allow Microsoft File and Printer Sharing as an Exception. You should also ensure that all PCs have the same Workgroup name configured.

You can input your computer name and IP address into LMHOSTS file located at C:\Windows\System32\Etc folder.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Flush DNS
      Report IE Proxy Settings
      Reset IE Proxy Settings
      Report FF Proxy Settings
      Reset FF Proxy Settings
      List content of Hosts
      List IP configuration
      List last 10 Event Viewer log
      List Installed Programs
      List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
      List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Can you also reset Windows services to there default startup type using my batch script attached to this post.

FreeBooter, Jan 31, 2018
  13. Dougal Win User

I enormously appreciate you guys trying to help me. I've tried everything listed here with no success. I'll attach the log here.

Dougal, Jan 31, 2018
  14. Dougal Win User
    To be sure there’s no hardware or router problems, and just for testing, I backed up the system, and then installed a FRESH copy of Windows10. My other network PCs connected to the PC without any issues. I’ve now restored back again.

Dougal, Jan 31, 2018
  15. Dougal Win User
    I have TeamViewer installed if anyone thinks they can fix this for mePlease help me resolve this home network issue :)

Dougal, Jan 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Please help me resolve this home network issue - Similar Threads - Please help resolve

2. Please help me this issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help me this issue: I have 2 problems which are in my laptop: 1. when I open settings and click on network & internet, about 3 seconds later the screen turns blue for a while and the settings app is shut down and back to the desktop. 2. I can't open action center, just a few days ago it was...
  3. Please help me this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me this issue: I have 2 problems which are in my laptop: 1. when I open settings and click on network & internet, about 3 seconds later the screen turns blue for a while and the settings app is shut down and back to the desktop. 2. I can't open action center, just a few days ago it was...
  4. Please help me this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It is showing anytime. Please help me to resolve this problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is showing anytime. Please help me to resolve this problem: Please help......... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-showing-anytime-please-help-me-to-resolve/0f9f1972-33d3-4deb-9760-f7eebe640d8e
  6. Please help me resolve a BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please help me resolve a BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe: I have a blue screen of death which appears immediately after the computer wakes from sleep.Dont always get it, but Im getting it more regularly.The last two times it occurred, i heard a strange noise through my computer speakers.Ive used bluescreenreader to get the following...
  7. please help me to resolve this problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    please help me to resolve this problem: every time i update this is popping up[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/please-help-me-to-resolve-this-problem/a7fde214-90e8-44e9-832e-0d18337e8ab9
  8. Network issue! Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue! Please help!: I am trying to share drives from one PC to another. Both running windows 10 pro. Both Ethernet through a router. Have shared a drive... have granted access to everyone.... Computers see each other. But if click on either CPU.. I get the dreaded... Windows cannot access\\...
  9. Could u please help me resolving all these issues !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Could u please help me resolving all these issues !: Could you please help me to resolve at least the 10016 and the 16385. They pop-up every 30 seconds.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/could-u-please-help-me-resolving-all-these-issues/0ae84522-e5dd-4339-8cfb-b9d798267983
  10. Resolve network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolve network issues: You'll restart the machine at least once. Save any work, close open programs. Any unsaved work will be lost. The run command (WinKey+R or Run on Start) quickly gets you to Network Connections In the Run dialog, enter: ncpa.cpl After each suggested solution, see if...