Windows 10: Please help! Windows 10 installation issue! No Cursor!

Discus and support Please help! Windows 10 installation issue! No Cursor! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! My name is Dillon! Nice to meet you! I'm making this forum post to ask a pretty general question about Windows 10 installation. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Starborn, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Starborn Win User

Please help! Windows 10 installation issue! No Cursor!

Hello! My name is Dillon! Nice to meet you!

I'm making this forum post to ask a pretty general question about Windows 10 installation.

I've attempted to install W10 four times now, and with each installation I run into the same issue every. single. time.

I'm able to get W10 to install for the most part, but when it comes time to restart the computer, it restarts and then sits at a black screen for an infinite amount of time. I do not have a cursor like most people when they run into this issue, so because of that I'm assuming I'm experiencing a very particular issue.

I have allowed my computer to sit at this black screen for more than 33 hours and it remains on the black screen and does not change - and yes, my computer is still on, but I do NOT have a cursor.

Here are my specs:

Gateway ZX4971
    Rating: 4.9
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G530 @ 2.40GHz
    4.00 GB of RAM'
    64 bit (Yes I'm installing the 64 bit)
    Touch Input with 2 Touch Points
    Running Windows 7.

If anybody can PLEASE HELP that would be GREAT! I'm not extremely tech-savvy, so please keep the explanation simple or else I probably won't know what to do!

Thanks!!! *Biggrin

-Dillon

:)

Starborn, Jul 10, 2016

2. WIndows 10 Clean installation issue please help

Finally , i am able to locate the problem, it is the nvidia display driver which is creating this issue, everytime i update my system, this particular update gets installed and after restart ,again it got stuck. so, as a temporary soln i have stopped
    the driver to get updated automatically. Is there any permanent soln.

rbiswas_cool, Jul 10, 2016
  3. WIndows 10 Clean installation issue please help

Hi All,

Recently I tried to clean install windows 10 home in my laptop. After installation , the system checks for some important updates. During the restart, my screen got stuck in the restarting. the rolling dots got stuck at some point and then no progress.

I already tried may be around 10-11 times to install windows 10 home, but after the update if you restart, it again got stuck.

Please help me out to resolve this issue asap.

rbiswas_cool, Jul 10, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Being an all in one desktop touch screen computer, are you Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10? Or are you doing a Clean install of Windows 10? I assume that there are no issues with Windows 7?
    Restart the computer and press F8 continuously, in the Advanced Boot menu, choose Last Known Good Configuration and restart, if that fails, back in the Advanced Boot menu, try VGA mode. If that fails, try Safe Mode with Networking. If that works go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed.
    Go to the Gateway download drivers site for your model Drivers & Downloads. There are no drivers for Windows 10 but the Windows 8 drivers should work. Choose 64 bit Windows and download the nVidia VGA driver and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.

spunk, Jul 10, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    @Synkro, Please do not hijack someone elses thread, your computer and issue is different, you should start your own thread

spunk, Jul 10, 2016
  6. Starborn Win User
    Yes, I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Starborn, Jul 10, 2016
  7. Starborn Win User
    Are you saying I should install Windows 10, wait for the restart and then do those steps? Or are you telling me to do that as of now?

Starborn, Jul 10, 2016
  8. spunk Win User

If you already installed Windows 10 and you have a black screen then try the Advanced Boot menu alternatives to login to Windows, then Update your video driver.

spunk, Jul 10, 2016
  9. Starborn Win User
    Okay, so go ahead and install Windows 10 as-is. Wait for the black screen, and then spam F8 until I reach the Advanced Boot menu? Sorry for all of the questions, I'm not that good with computers.

Starborn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Please help! Windows 10 installation issue! No Cursor! - Similar Threads - Please help installation

2. PC cursor is invisible please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC cursor is invisible please help!: I have been using my laptop for gaming alot, a few hours ago the cursor just stopped being visible, apps still turn blue when the cursor is over them, but I have no clue where I am moving it or where it is most of the time, please help. submitted by /u/Mr_ShiteyWhitey...
  3. Issues After Installing Windows 11 - Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues After Installing Windows 11 - Please Help: So two days ago, I decided to upgrade my laptop to Windows 11. I updated it and everything and then I noticed some pretty major issues that started to occur.Firstly, my laptop takes a long time to load. The Dell logo appears with no delay and it loads, but then a gray screen...
  4. Issues After Installing Windows 11 - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues After Installing Windows 11 - Please Help: So two days ago, I decided to upgrade my laptop to Windows 11. I updated it and everything and then I noticed some pretty major issues that started to occur.Firstly, my laptop takes a long time to load. The Dell logo appears with no delay and it loads, but then a gray screen...
  5. Issue with Windows 10 - Need help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows 10 - Need help please: Good Day guys,I recently updated to windows 11 from windows 10 home then suddenly started getting errors when playing games or heavy loaded media. My mouse then skips and disappears and then reappears and you also hear the sound when you first plug in your mouse to the usb...
  6. Issue with Windows 10 - Need help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows 10 - Need help please: Good Day guys,I recently updated to windows 11 from windows 10 home then suddenly started getting errors when playing games or heavy loaded media. My mouse then skips and disappears and then reappears and you also hear the sound when you first plug in your mouse to the usb...
  7. windows 10 issues. help please

windows 10 issues. help please: [ATTACH] Hi, So my problem is the majority of the time that I try to open the display settings, an image or control panel stuff nothing shows but a grey window with a cog. It seems completely random but if I leave my pc and come back after a while the monitors will go...
  8. Windows 10 Issue, please help

Windows 10 Issue, please help: I have preinstalled W10 (legit activated instantly) from OMEN (because I bought 3 months ago an OMEN 15 RTX 2060, I5 8300H, 16 GB RAM). From 2 months i have a problem with Windows Search - I can't search for results in all Windows connected platforms etc. Most of technics...
  9. Please Please Please Help - Windows 10 White Screen Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please Please Please Help - Windows 10 White Screen Issue: Hello... I am having a issue with my HP laptop running Windows 10. You have probably already heard of the "White Screen" issue, but I believe in this case it is somewhat unique. My laptop is booting up to a blank white screen. At first, I was able to view the screen via HDMI...
  10. Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP: Okay so I'm panicking a bit here. Installed the 'Windows 10 Login Screen Changer' that I found on this forum, clicked 'change background' and bam...black screen. I turned the computer off and on again and still black screen with a Cursor. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. My...