Windows 10: PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 10 Stops Responding After Startup

Discus and support PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 10 Stops Responding After Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just recently build a gaming pc. I have an 2tb Seagate HDD and I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM. My problem is that every time I start up the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by craftshaft, Jul 3, 2016.

1. PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 10 Stops Responding After Startup

I just recently build a gaming pc. I have an 2tb Seagate HDD and I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM. My problem is that every time I start up the computer it boots to the Windows 10 lockscreen fine. I can unlock it fine --- if I do it within 30 seconds of the boot success. When I do unlock it in time, it works fine for about 45 seconds until everything stops responding. Safe Mode won't even launch without the PC freezing. Even Windows File Explorer and the taskbar stop responding when the pc starts up. I've tried reinstalling Windows but it says that the drive is locked. I did end up getting past the locked drive screen but now it says that a partition on my hard drive has been emptied (I forget the exact word) and therefore, it can't access the Windows boot options. That is odd because in the My PC part of Windows Explorer it says that I still have 1.71 TB of storage left on my HDD. I've tried everything I could find online and Windows 10 still doesn't work. I've looked up how to unlock it but every time I try it, the computer just stops responding. I am still able to move the mouse, but I can't click or type. I am sure I built it correctly because it worked fine two days ago. The errors have been happening about for about two days after I built it until I hit a Home Run in R.B.I. Baseball 2016. I don't yet have a WiFi adapter so I have been downloading everything to a USB flash drive and copying it to the PC. I am not able to run the Windows 10 install media that I have on a flash drive. When I do, it freezes whenever I click on any option. I know it's not a virus because Avast Free Edition doesn't detect anything. I ran a full Avast scan and the only thing found was a bunch of performance errors. I clicked on "Solve All Problems" but that was when the time until not responding was changed from 3 minutes to 30 seconds. It froze as soon as I clicked on Solve Problems. If anyone could just suggest some ideas that would help, I would appreciate that so much. Thanks.*Smile

Here is the Disk Management Screen (The time is incorrect). Windows Froze 4 seconds after I got this image saved. Disk 0 is my 2TB HDD. The CD-ROM Drive has the motherboard drivers installation disk (I just inserted it to see if I could reinstall the drivers --- it didn't work). And Disk 1 is my USB Windows 10 Pro Installation Media Device. I hope this helps diagnose the problem.

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 10 Stops Responding After Startup [​IMG]

:)

craftshaft, Jul 3, 2016
  2. SuvratK Win User

Windows 10 stopped working after malware attack.

I installed windows 10 last month and had 2 malware attacks. The first time I was able to reset the computer. Today another attack came and I cleaned the malware. After restarting it opened and i tried to go to settings but it didnt open. I tried to open
    control panel it opened. Now nothing exept control panel and this pc open. The taskbar stops appearing and start also stops appearing. Alt+ctrl+del works but task manager stops responding. Chrome cant connect to internet. Help does not respond. Troubleshooter
    says problem fixed but nothing opens after ten minutes. Within ten mins of startup I can open "this pc" but afterwards everything stops responding. Please help.

SuvratK, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Dynomyk3 Win User
    Windows 10 stops responding after computer startup.

Hello?

Dynomyk3, Jul 3, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 10 Stops Responding After Startup

Can you do a screenshot of the Disk Management screen and post it? Right click the Start button, choose Disk management, expand it full screen, take a screenshot with Snippy Tool and post the picture.

f14tomcat, Jul 3, 2016
  5. I'll Try right now.

craftshaft, Jul 3, 2016
  6. OK. I added the Disk Management Screenshot.

craftshaft, Jul 3, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 10 Stops Responding After Startup

1. PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 10 Stops Responding After Startup - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP Stops

2. Help windows 10 not responding after 30s bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help windows 10 not responding after 30s bootup: Hi, I’m currently running windows 10 on my pc but after around 30s of running my actions become limited with my mouse. This started around 2 days agoI’m able to open applications on my Home Screen even after everything else becomes inaccessible but everything else becomes...
  3. Help windows 10 not responding after 30s bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help windows 10 not responding after 30s bootup: Hi, I’m currently running windows 10 on my pc but after around 30s of running my actions become limited with my mouse. This started around 2 days agoI’m able to open applications on my Home Screen even after everything else becomes inaccessible but everything else becomes...
  4. windows taskbar explorer not responding after startup

windows taskbar explorer not responding after startup: When I boot up my PC, why taskbar seems not to respond.No Programms to launch are loaded, also the icons on the right side beside the clock do not show.I can launch the taskmanager CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and restart the explorer process, but it results in the same behavior as...
  5. Please help respond to my post

Please help respond to my post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-windows-10-failure-during-system-restore/c136d9d6-11bd-4110-881c-86f146b3d7ef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-respond-to-my-post/d86fd153-09b1-4b9b-aa53-e9cd86553aef
  6. Windows 10 Stops Responding After Update

Windows 10 Stops Responding After Update: I just got the latest update of Windows 10, but it stops responding, which lasts for a random amount of time. My PC worked fine before I went to school. How can I fix the problem with Windows 10 not responding for a random amount of time?...
  7. windows 10 stops responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 stops responding: [ATTACH] So I have malwarebytes and I don't think it's a virus issue Sometimes my computer STOPS responding completely When I hover over the taskbar icons it doesn't respond and my clicks don't work (mouse/integrated trackpad) The only fix I have now is...
  8. URGENT PLEASE HELP Gpu driver Stopped responding

URGENT PLEASE HELP Gpu driver Stopped responding: So for about 1 year i have been having the same problem of crashing in my games. previously i had no issues at all i could run my programs with no issues what so ever. then randomly one day i have crashing at random points in my games and sometimes using other applications....
  9. 8-10 startup and sign out after update, please help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    8-10 startup and sign out after update, please help: First of all, is this the correct forum for Windows 10 support? I heard that Microsoft is offering free support but have no clue where I should be asking around for it. I upgraded my Alienware M17 to Windows 10 with no problems (knock on wood), but my girlfriends HP Envy...
  10. help! computer stops responding for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    help! computer stops responding for no reason: Im not even doing much on my laptop i've restarted it about 5 times now, and even when it is loading up the screen it stops responding, this is getting to be very annoying, I can't even watch videos or play minecraft, nonetheless even try and type because like every 10 or 5...