Windows 10: Please help with bitlocker damaged or formatted key

Discus and support Please help with bitlocker damaged or formatted key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi Everyone i am new to theforum ... please help i am having problems with laptop and bitlocker... the usb with key is notworking .... please help!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kskco, Aug 8, 2016.

1. kskco Win User

Please help with bitlocker damaged or formatted key

hi Everyone

i am new to theforum ... please help i am having problems with laptop and bitlocker... the usb with key is notworking .... please help!

:)

kskco, Aug 8, 2016

2. Bitlocker Encryption

Hello,

I had to format my (Windows 10 Pro 64bit) 'C' Drive for some ongoing issues. While I did the format and reinstalled windows, the other Drive i.e. 'D' Drive was Bitlocker Encrypted.

After the install when I tried to access 'D' Drive, it asked for password. Though i used the same password which i was using before the formatting, i am not able to access the drive as Bitlocker is no longer accepting the previous password.

Further, i don't have the recovery key as i copied the recovery key file in the 'D' Drive before the format and i don't have the backup of the same in MSFT account.

Please Help !

Thanks.

FatehGhadeer, Aug 8, 2016
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Accidently Deleted Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

The link above goes to a news web site not the M3 site.

However on the M3 site note the following caveat

"If you formatted Bitlocker drive using format tool built-in Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, there is no way to recover data from formatted Bitlocker encrypted drive, because Bitlocker metadata has been erased after formatting under Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10.

If you formatted Bitlocker drive using other OS or other method, please download and try M3 Bitlocker Recovery to recover data from formatted Bitlocker encrypted drive as long as Bitlocker metadata is intact."

HairyFool, Aug 8, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

If known, provide exact specs: make/model of laptop, exactly W10 -- OEM or Microsoft retail, make/model of hard-drive. I'll be gone awhile, however, others much better than I will show up.

RolandJS, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Sorry without proof of ownership, which is impossible to obtain in a forum environment it is forum policy not to assist with this type of issue. This is not a accusation of any sort. Best advice is take the device to a local technician, with proof of ownership and they should be able to assist you

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Please help with bitlocker damaged or formatted key - Similar Threads - Please help bitlocker

2. Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help: I recently had an issue with Dell XPS and hence I had to provide bit locker key which was associated with my collage account. Once I entered it logged me in. After that I was worries since I graduated this account will be lost anytime, I changed the windows account . it was...
  3. Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find the bitlocker key anymore, Please help: I recently had an issue with Dell XPS and hence I had to provide bit locker key which was associated with my collage account. Once I entered it logged me in. After that I was worries since I graduated this account will be lost anytime, I changed the windows account . it was...
  4. Imergency help please bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imergency help please bitlocker recovery key: Hi i cant get acsess my bitlocker recovery key becouse of login acount proplem to my microsoft acount. Microsoft want to Send a verifikation code to phone as SMS .I have no longer acsess that number and dont want to wait a mounth to send a code to new phone number to as SMS...
  5. Imergency help please bitlocker recovery key

Imergency help please bitlocker recovery key: Hi i cant get acsess my bitlocker recovery key becouse of login acount proplem to my microsoft acount. Microsoft want to Send a verifikation code to phone as SMS .I have no longer acsess that number and dont want to wait a mounth to send a code to new phone number to as SMS...
  6. Please help bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help bitlocker: My computer is stuck in one of those advanced repair loops and everything says to do the bitlocker thing with the system repair. problem is when i try to do that it says i can't and that it's on some other account. but i don't know what that is or how to find it or how to fix...
  7. Please help bitlocker

Please help bitlocker: My computer is stuck in one of those advanced repair loops and everything says to do the bitlocker thing with the system repair. problem is when i try to do that it says i can't and that it's on some other account. but i don't know what that is or how to find it or how to fix...
  8. BitLocker Key Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Key Help: My CPU is currently in data recovery and they are requesting my BitLocker Key. I cannot locate it on my Microsoft account. I do have the serial number and proof of purchase. Can Microsoft help me locate the BitLocker Key to move forward with the data recovery process?...
  9. Don't have BitLocker key, please help!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't have BitLocker key, please help!!: After an update last night I'm asked to enter my BitLocker key to start my laptop back up, but I never set up a BitLocker key and no one set one up for me, ****?! Pls help!!!...
  10. Changing format help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing format help please: How do I change the format of my forums? Every single one has changed format since I changed over to WIN10. My WIN7 PC died so I cannot give an example of how it looked before but it was more like a table than a spreadsheet. [img] Lots of thanks in advance *Smile 29542
Tags: