Windows 10: i used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10

Discus and support i used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend has digital key of win 10 Home and has used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SubstanceFinder, Jun 3, 2020.

1. i used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10

My friend has digital key of win 10 Home and has used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10 and he doesn’t know how to fix it. He doesn’t want to do clean install or access the BIOS. Is there any way to dix that? I will post the error code after I have access to him. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/SubstanceFinder
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SubstanceFinder, Jun 3, 2020

2. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

You have to buy windows 8.1 Pro.

The Windows 10 key is only for Windows 10.

There is Downgrade Rights but you don't qualify for it as you bought Windows 10 Pro yourself and they only apply to OEM preinstalled Windows 10 OEM licenses (Dell, HP, etc)

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft no longer sells any edition of Windows 8.1.

try amazon.com, etc.

Warning:

You do not buy a Product Key by itself, as they are normally stolen/pirated, Volume Licenses which are not for private use, or MSDN keys which are not to be sold by the original subscription holder.

Make sure that you buy the complete sealed package (DVD, license)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Shop.aspx

Read Section: Beware of Product Keys sold separately.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

HI,

Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional.

1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional?

2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License, don't want to pay again for Windows 8.1 Professional.

Please Suggest...

Thanks..

VinayakParab, Jun 4, 2020
  4. i used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10

Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

It's just listed the once as Windows 10 Professional for Workstations on my Visual Studio Windows 10 Business ISO. And I only have the one set of Product Codes for Pro for Workstations. I've run it, can't remeber if I've even clean installed it though?
    Windows 10 (business edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)

For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will also activate the VL multi-edition media.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: D302D2E752C01E53996AE292A8DD4CDF49916BAD
    File name: en_windows_10_business_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_37051f54.iso

Windows 10 (consumer edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Consumer media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

From the desktop, select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Activation. Select Change product key and enter your product key. If the key is valid, you'll be asked to confirm the edition change, and Windows then performs it for you.

Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate the edition. BothWindows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will activate Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer media.

This multi-edition Consumer media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 Home N
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Core Single Language
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: 0208398915C08FE03F6C63FAEA9DCC9BBBD00532
    File name: en_windows_10_consumer_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_69339216.iso

alphanumeric, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

i used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10

1. i used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10 - Similar Threads - used product key

2. Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64: So I bought my PC about a year ago and got a license for Windows 10 Professional. The key was written on a box I got with the PC, however, due to unfortunate circumstances involving my mother just throwing away those boxes for no reason, I have lost the key. I have been asked...
  3. Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64: So I bought my PC about a year ago and got a license for Windows 10 Professional. The key was written on a box I got with the PC, however, due to unfortunate circumstances involving my mother just throwing away those boxes for no reason, I have lost the key. I have been asked...
  4. Lost product key for Windows 10 Professional x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product suddenly "unlicensed"

Product suddenly "unlicensed": I have been using Microsoft Word on my computer since I got it four years ago. Suddenly Word is displaying this message: "PRODUCT NOTICE there was a problem checking this device's license status. Please sign in with the Office 360 account this device was activated with." I...
  6. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional: HI, Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional. 1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional? 2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License,...
  7. Find windows 10 professional product key

Find windows 10 professional product key: Hi. I upgarded my laptop to Windows 10 professional after purchase. I am now upgrading hardware which will need re-installation of Windows 10 pro. I need to locate my product key. I cannot find the box which i bought fromw the store. What are my options? Thanks...
  8. No product key after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations

No product key after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations: I have Windows 10 Home that I bought from the Windows store and have no problems. Once I bought it it included the key to activate. I then purchased an upgrade through the Windows Store for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and I was not given a key. Both versions show paid...
  9. unlicensed product

unlicensed product: I started a job in March of 2018. There was not a work computer ready for me so I used my personal laptop. I have since moved on and now am getting an unlicensed error on my laptop's Microsoft products because of the work account being disabled. The original Microsoft suite...
  10. Unlicensed Product

Unlicensed Product: I bought new HP laptop from online with in built windows. But I'm unable to create any Microsoft office products such as excel, word or PowerPoint. For example when I opened an excel it displays at the top Excel (unlicensed product) and when I clicked it is asking for product...