Windows 10: Please insert a disk into (D:)

Discus and support Please insert a disk into (D:) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have a 1080p Action camera. You can find it Here. I have had it for about a month. It worked fine and I loved it. But recently I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XXTechMoXX, May 29, 2016.

1. Please insert a disk into (D:)

Hello! I have a 1080p Action camera. You can find it Here. I have had it for about a month. It worked fine and I loved it. But recently I have been getting this error. When I plug it into my PC I get a message "Please insert a disk into (D*Smile." When I look at it in "My PC" Instead of showing the disk space under the title like it normally would, it juts says "FAT32". I looked up a solution and it said to try and format it. I attempted to do that but it says "Windows was unable to complete the format." So I tried to take the SD card out and the videos that I am taking are not being saved to it. Someone please help me asap. I want to be able to use my camera again. Attachments included.

:)

XXTechMoXX, May 29, 2016
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Please insert a disk into USB Drive (insert letter here) problem

Hi Joe,

There may be a number of reasons for this type of issue to occur. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest checking your drivers if it is updated to the latest version. Feel free to check out
    this link for more information and steps.

All the best.

Mark Isi, May 29, 2016
  3. Please insert a disk into USB Drive (insert letter here) problem

I recently bought a USB pendrive. It can hold up to 64 GB of storage. It initially worked great and let me access all the files, but one day an error message popped up and said something about the drive malfunctioning. After I plugged the drive in again,
    windows would only recognize it if I went to the "This PC" tab and the picture was much lighter in color than the other drives I had that worked. When I clicked on the USB pendrive from the "This PC" tab, a message popped up and said, "Please insert a disk
    into USB Drive (JPlease insert a disk into (D:) :)". After I went into Disk Management and it said "No Media" even though I had multiple files on the pendrive. When I go to Properties it says the drive has 0 bytes of memory and the file system is unknown. I also tried plugging it into another
    computer and it still had the same problem. I am on Windows 10 and I bought the pendrive from eBay. The name from the Properties tab is ChipsBnk Flask Disk USB Device. It is making me really mad and I have tried everything. If anyone could help that would
    be greatly appreciated.

JoeShmoeOM, May 29, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Please insert a disk into (D:)

Have you tried taking the SD card out and formatting it outside the camera? If you tried to format it, most likely everything on it was lost. If your computer can't read or format the SD card, try another PC. If neither can read it, most likely the card is bad, which I suspect. If the SD card is OK but the camera is not saving the videos to it, that would be a problem with the camera.

essenbe, May 29, 2016
Thema:

Please insert a disk into (D:)

1. Please insert a disk into (D:) - Similar Threads - Please insert disk

2. Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:: Hi although I know it states OneDrive does not support an external hard disk. I run out of space of my windows11 laptop internal hard drive and brought an external Hard Drive a couple of years ago. This has been synchronising perfectly well with my laptop ever since until...
  3. Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:: Hi although I know it states OneDrive does not support an external hard disk. I run out of space of my windows11 laptop internal hard drive and brought an external Hard Drive a couple of years ago. This has been synchronising perfectly well with my laptop ever since until...
  4. Desktop keeps rejecting CD or DVD and says "Please insert a disk into drive D"

Desktop keeps rejecting CD or DVD and says "Please insert a disk into drive D": My desktop CD drive "D" has started to reject any blank or recorded CD or DVD, and says, "Please insert a disk into drive D." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-rejecting-cd-or-dvd-and-says-please/69ec9123-9705-43bd-b7a7-d54c83351a29
  5. Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media

Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media: I have a 1 TB flash drive that I've been storing a lot of files on recently. I had an issue with a game where the update was wayyy slow so I thought that moving the game into the flash drive might help. Ever since then the flash drive says "no media" and doesnt let me open...
  6. Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media: I have a 1 TB flash drive that I've been storing a lot of files on recently. I had an issue with a game where the update was wayyy slow so I thought that moving the game into the flash drive might help. Ever since then the flash drive says "no media" and doesnt let me open...
  7. "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:"

"Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:": Hello!A friend of mine was moving some files into a USB flash drive and, after the operation was completed he used the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media to check if it was safe to remove the drive. After he confirmed that it was safe to do so he removed the drive just to...
  8. Please insert a disk in to USB Drive

Please insert a disk in to USB Drive: Up until midday the stick was working perfectly. I did an eject, popped it in another pc, copied a file on, did an eject and now all I can get is the above message. Lots of work on it - not irreplaceable I'd rather not have to do the whole lot again. I've tried a few software...
  9. Please insert disk

Please insert disk: Win 10 pro. Whenever I put a dvd in, it spins, ejects and says "please insert disk" I did a repair install with a usb stick, dvd's were recognized. Machine then updated, no dvd's recognized. Not even the win10 dvd I did the initial install from...
  10. "please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???

"please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???: I'm trying to make disk images for my raspberry pi but then when i go into the sd card, it says "please insert a disk into SCHC." I tried every fix known, but all of them are useless. Please reply, or i'll strongly think about installing Linux....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My PC tells me Please insert a disk into (D:)