Windows 10: Please let the users customize Windows in a more easier way.

Discus and support Please let the users customize Windows in a more easier way. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like the Windows 10 design, it's beautiful for me. But I think that this system could be more customizable. I'll talk first about icons: the user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yohanan Santana, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Please let the users customize Windows in a more easier way.

I like the Windows 10 design, it's beautiful for me. But I think that this system could be more customizable.

I'll talk first about icons:

• the user could change icons of main system folders, start menu and the taskbar more easier;
    • also, let them create themes with those customizations, like what already exists, but now with more things.

The Start Menu could be better too:

• name the Start Menu tile groups;
    • content tabs in Start Menu (instead of icons in the top, let the user put them in the small sidebar (the one that has an hamburguer & power buttons) and select an icon from files or a list of icons that are in the same style);
    • more custom tile sizes (like, small height, but with normal width);
    • let us change desktop application tiles to more things than small and normal;
    • "horizontal scroll for Start Menu" option;
    • change tile color;
    • change tile name;
    • custom categories in the Start Menu "applications" sidebar (Note: I know that there is a way to add folders to it, but it feels so inconsistent and i think that UWP applications can't go there);

about Taskbar:

• icon groups (when the group is clicked, it shows a pop-up with the icons inside it);
    • taskbar opacity options;
    • fix the non-colored scroll bar when the taskbar has multiple lines/pages;
    • [WEIRD IDEA] option to "break" the sidebar into three blocks: one for the main icons (Start Menu, Cortana & Task View), other for applications and other for the system tray (plus "My People", Clock and Notifications). NOTE: this would work better with auto-hiding the taskbar. (It's a bit Chrome-OS-like)

about Cortana:

• let her answer to questions typed in the box;
    • integration with IFTTT and Zapier;

and finally, about Windows Explorer:

• tags group in the left sidebar (at the bottom);
    • dark mode;
    • let the user add custom "master groups" to the left sidebar;
    • customizable Quick Acess view (add more types of groups);

:)

Yohanan Santana, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 10, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Please let the users customize Windows in a more easier way.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Please let the users customize Windows in a more easier way.

1. Please let the users customize Windows in a more easier way. - Similar Threads - Please let users

2. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  3. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  4. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. easier way to reconnect bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easier way to reconnect bluetooth device?: have bluetooth keyboard. i connected it to computer 1 (c1). works fine. i pressed the bluetooth button to put it into pairing mode, and paired it with computer 2 (c2). it's now paired and connected to c2, and only paired to c1. is there no easy way to reconnect it back to...
  6. Is there an easier/more efficient way to combine years of hard drive backups?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easier/more efficient way to combine years of hard drive backups?: This might be a stupid question, but I really have no experience in handling large amounts of files like this. I've been burned once where I thought I properly combined 2 backups, then later realized I'd lost an important chunk of my documents. Now I'm at a point where I have...
  7. is there a faster easier way to hide the taskbar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a faster easier way to hide the taskbar in windows 10?: I KNOW how to hide the Taskbar using the automatic hide option. I usually want the Taskbar to show, however there are times when I want it to drop away for a period of time while using some web pages. Is there a foster way to do this without having to go into Settings etc?...
  8. More ways to customize the desktop/External Themes + Legacy Themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    More ways to customize the desktop/External Themes + Legacy Themes: This is what the rundown on some features I'd like to see in Windows 10: More ways to use the colors to customize the desktop for the Metro Theme A unified/customizable icon theme An ability to use an external theme for Windows 10 of Metro doesn't please your fancy The...
  9. Constantly running Audio Troubleshooter as administrator for my users. Is there an easier way?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constantly running Audio Troubleshooter as administrator for my users. Is there an easier way?: Hi - I get a number of requests every day from users with sound issues. The red x icon over the speaker shows up frequently after reboots or updates. My users do not have admin privileges to their computers so they are not able to run the Audio Troubleshooter on their own....
  10. Easier for Enterprise customers to upgrade to IE11 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Easier for Enterprise customers to upgrade to IE11 and Windows 10: Helping our Enterprise customers stay up-to-date with the latest version of the browser is a top priority for Microsoft. This is particularly important for Windows 7 customers who should upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 by January 12, 2016 to continue receiving security...