Windows 10: Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account

Discus and support Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there as Ms people obviously read these excellent Forums -- please seriously sort out the Networking issues some of us (a lot actually) have with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Jul 3, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account

Hi there

as Ms people obviously read these excellent Forums -- please seriously sort out the Networking issues some of us (a lot actually) have with accessing shares on our LANS when using logged on with an Ms account.

The networking seems to work fine when using a LOCAL account.

Problem exists even in latest official build 10162.

If it's simply a configuration issue please issue instructions on what to do.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 3, 2015

2. When will MS fix the network browsing issue introduced with the original Creators Update?

Hhmmm. It's strange that you're still experiencing the network issue you were having when you were still in the Creators Update.

We really appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

We encourage you to submit your issue as a suggestion using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue
    that will help us in determining the cause and to be able to address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please re-visit frequently
    to see the status of your feedback items.

You can follow these steps in submitting a new feedback:

• Search for Feedback Hub in the Cortana search field, then click the app.
    • Click Feedback found at the upper-left part of the window, then press
      + Add new feedback.
    • Tick Problem, share any details you think are relevant, then choose an appropriate
      category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Click Submit once you've completed the form and monitoring.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you have submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you have submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>).

Right after sending the feedback, kindly provide us the link that will be generated so we can keep track of it.

We'll be waiting for it.

Michelle Her, Jul 3, 2015
  3. johnptd Win User
    When will MS fix the network browsing issue introduced with the original Creators Update?

No I am not connected to a domain network, it is a simple local home network.

JohnD

johnptd, Jul 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 3, 2015
  5. ixian Win User
    Not sure it's that obvious they do - over any others, anyway - and as brink points out the Feedback app/channel is what they pay attention to. It's not like some random dev is over there in Redmond going "man I have seen a lot of posts about this MS account share thing, we need to look in to it" - not if it isn't part of the official feedback loop. And on the flip side, posting about it here every chance you get doesn't boost the chances of them looking at it *Smile Though I guess you could make a case for letting other users know there might be a problem.

Chances are it's already on a list somewhere. Not all known issues are published.

ixian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account - Similar Threads - Please FIX shares

2. using MS account issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using MS account issue: Was having and issue where minecraft wouldn't launch for my kid. I ended up reinstalling windows because window updates was having issue i couldn't fix. Most likely my kiddo powered it of during updates or something. After a fresh install if windows 11 I can't log in with my...
  3. using MS account issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using MS account issue: Was having and issue where minecraft wouldn't launch for my kid. I ended up reinstalling windows because window updates was having issue i couldn't fix. Most likely my kiddo powered it of during updates or something. After a fresh install if windows 11 I can't log in with my...
  4. Account issue in MS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account issue in MS: I have problem where I cant access my MS account anymore. It says didn't exist. I have subscriptions and purchases and I need that account. I don't know where to go. I also use that as a sign in to the computer. I need help on this....
  5. Account issue in MS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account issue in MS: I have problem where I cant access my MS account anymore. It says didn't exist. I have subscriptions and purchases and I need that account. I don't know where to go. I also use that as a sign in to the computer. I need help on this....
  6. Account issue in MS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. MS Windows Account issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Windows Account issue: Hi thereI had a outlook account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** linked to my laptop - but as i changed countries it wanted to verify my acc and send me a sms to my australian mobile which i dont have anymore. so after a lot of trial and error i managed to change...
  8. Using Local and MS accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  9. Using a MS Account Questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using a MS Account Questions: Currently, I have a Standard User account meaning a NON-Microsoft Account. I am thinking about creating a MS Account just for storing my BitLocker recovery keys, but also, thinking to use it as my main primary account. Two questions relating to this: 1. If in case I...
  10. Network Shares not seen with MS account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Shares not seen with MS account: I have previously asked for help on an issue I had whereby one of my win 10 comps would not let any other comp see its shares unless the requesting comp had a local login. With a MS login you would get the error 80070035, Path not found. I have spent days (and nights!)...