Windows 10: Please reintroduce darker/custom color options for File Explorer

Discus and support Please reintroduce darker/custom color options for File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It used to be available via the "Window Color and Appearance" setting in Windows 7 and even in Windows 8, but Windows 10 seems to lack this very simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesWeldon, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Please reintroduce darker/custom color options for File Explorer

It used to be available via the "Window Color and Appearance" setting in Windows 7 and even in Windows 8, but Windows 10 seems to lack this very simple option. I'm tired of eye-strain due to the blindingly white background of File Explorer compared to the rest of the Start Menu, System Settings, and so forth all set to Dark Theme.

In addition, some programs also rely on the window colors set for File Explorer, so they are equally bright and obnoxious in their color scheme as I am not able to edit these colors. Editing the Windows registry is not a reasonable solution for an everyday user, which I am. Even if

:)

JamesWeldon, Sep 4, 2018

2. My color is darker?

My colors on my computer are now darker, such as, pink is now more purple and the reds are darker, how do i fix this? can i change something in settings?

Allison Grieser, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Undo option in File Explorer

Hi Helena,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.

• Click on the drop down of Customize Quick Access Toolbar beside
      File Explorer.

• Click on Undo.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 4, 2018
  4. AídaRF Win User

Please reintroduce darker/custom color options for File Explorer

Bigger, Darker Fonts

BIGGER, DARKER FONTS

Hola, hello, hi everyone... My first time here so a bit rough around the edges.

I need bigger, darker fonts. I don't use magnifier because it is too distracting and cumbersome to use.

I am willing to use custom scaling but the introductory paragraph on the custom scaling screen informs us it is not recommended, warning us about all sorts of (seemingly) insurmountable nightmarish problems we are likely to encounter.Right
    now have set custom scaling at 100. Barely legible. Perhaps if it were darker it would work for me.

I have not attempted a larger custom scaling setting (e.g., 125 or 150) for fear of precipitating doomsday as I interpret the warning mentioned above.

My specific questions/remarks are:

• Is there a way to get bigger, darker font without altering anything else like we were able to do on Windows 8?
    • Does custom scaling alter the way things are displayed when using browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox?
    • Any ideas, comments, suggestions, alternatives, or any whatevers will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Aída

AídaRF, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Please reintroduce darker/custom color options for File Explorer

1. Please reintroduce darker/custom color options for File Explorer - Similar Threads - Please reintroduce darker

2. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sort Customization: How do u sort files on windows explorer ? I mean putting them in a certain order other than the normal. like if I want a certain file to be on top that's alphabetically coming second or to the bottom. Changing the order and moving files or folders in the hierarchyHow can I do...
  3. File Explorer Custom Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Custom Layout: Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top...
  4. Taskbar Color make it Darker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Color make it Darker: Is there a way to make the color of the taskbar darker or, maybe make the start menu, taskbar, and the action center darker or change the color of the taskbar alone without using any software? I don't want to use dark windows mode anymore. The light windows mode is just too...
  5. Taskbar Color make it darker

Taskbar Color make it darker: Is there a way to make the color of the taskbar darker or, maybe make thestart menu, taskbar, and theaction center darker or change the color of the taskbar alone without using any software? I don't want to use dark windows mode anymore. Any registry hacks?...
  6. change system font to a darker color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change system font to a darker color: my system font is so light I can barely see it. before windows 10 I had a nice dark font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-system-font-to-a-darker-color/32f20999-ded5-4204-b0b1-781ef0a65fb0
  7. Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer: [ATTACH] I have restricted access to folder options but still, there is Hidden Items Checkbox in the ribbon which is working. How can I restrict it or remove it from the ribbon?...
  8. Custom Color

Custom Color: If I try to use "Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color", the color dialog opens and then the Settings window closes after a few seconds. I have tried this in high contrast and it does the same thing. Windows 10 1803. 122111
  9. Customize File Explorer look

Customize File Explorer look: How do I customize my File Explorer so that it appears like my Computer? 56083
  10. Custom Colors

Custom Colors: Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. [img] Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...