Windows 10: Please tell me how to make the Photos App work

Discus and support Please tell me how to make the Photos App work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there , I tried a few things from the web to make this work , But the Windows 10 photos app keeps failing to work , "This App can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by honsbeek, Feb 20, 2016.

1. honsbeek Win User

Please tell me how to make the Photos App work

Hi there ,

I tried a few things from the web to make this work ,

But the Windows 10 photos app keeps failing to work ,

"This App can't open"

Tried Shellpower remove it and tried that licence . bat fix , didn't work for me .

I need this to work so bad , dont' wanna go back to Window 8.1 because of this

Thanks

Ralph

:)

honsbeek, Feb 20, 2016

2. update to Photos app, Windows 10, totally ruining photos

(The update to the app is terrible, I agree!). When I make a change (rotate, adjust, etc.), the saved photo is then broken into dozens of tiles interspersed with black spaces. The photo is then ruined. Someone PLEASE tell me how to make this stop? Thanks!

sherri8519, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Jarek P. Win User
    Please tell me how to get to the system performance part of windows 10

Right mouse button on "This PC">Propeties>Advanced system settings>Advanced>Performance>Settings

Do you have "This PC" icon on desktop? If no, go to Start>All apss>Windows system>This PC.

Jarek P., Feb 20, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

If you can't get it to work, maybe this one can help out. A really nice photo program.

Request Rejected

PS - No idea how it got to that funny shortcut, but it works.

5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, If you don't have a relevant system restore point, and you haven't started to use disk imaging (really really useful to restore your system to a previously working state pretty quickly) there's a lengthy but very useful procedure for fixing many problems.

If you're really desperate for Photos to work - and if one app doesn't, could be sthg else doesn't work - probably the way to fix it- albeit huge sledgehammer approach- is this (it takes up to 2 hours excluding download time):

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

The Power shell command that used to fix these apps hasn't worked correctly since build 10580 in Nov.

But as whs says, there are plenty of alternatives.
    Depends if when you check other universal apps other things are broken and you think it's worth the effort.

dalchina, Feb 20, 2016
  6. Have you tried Windows Photo Viewer
    I have that and use it a lot more than the Photo App

hTconeM9user, Feb 20, 2016
  7. honsbeek Win User
    thanks for the responds , how can i make windows photos viewer work in windows 10 ? ??

honsbeek, Feb 20, 2016
  8. honsbeek Win User

honsbeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Please tell me how to make the Photos App work - Similar Threads - Please tell Photos

2. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please tell me how to fix it?: I was a Linux user now I'm trying to shift to windows at first I download iso file and after that I booted my usb device everything went well and I got install tab in front of me after that I selected date and time the window 10 pro after that I got this compatibility issue...
  3. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please tell me how to fix it?: I was a Linux user now I'm trying to shift to windows at first I download iso file and after that I booted my usb device everything went well and I got install tab in front of me after that I selected date and time the window 10 pro after that I got this compatibility issue...
  4. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Disconnected Standby Mode" Please tell me how this setting works.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Disconnected Standby Mode" Please tell me how this setting works.: "Disconnected Standby Mode" Please tell me how this setting works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disconnected-standby-mode-please-tell-me-how-this/ed33234d-2be6-4792-b9b1-594fe07723a7
  6. "Disconnected Standby Mode" Please tell me how this setting works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Disconnected Standby Mode" Please tell me how this setting works.: "Disconnected Standby Mode" Please tell me how this setting works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disconnected-standby-mode-please-tell-me-how-this/ed33234d-2be6-4792-b9b1-594fe07723a7
  7. "Disconnected Standby Mode" Please tell me how this setting works.

8. Please tell me how to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please tell me how to fix this issue: When I play roblox and I join a game after a few seconds of the game loading my screen goes black, my keyboard shuts off and my mouse shuts off but it looks like the components in my pc are still running. I've tried factory resetting twice and the issue still proceeds to...
  9. Please tell me how to fix this issue

Please tell me how to fix this issue: When I play roblox and I join a game after a few seconds of the game loading my screen goes black, my keyboard shuts off and my mouse shuts off but it looks like the components in my pc are still running. I've tried factory resetting twice and the issue still proceeds to...
  10. how to i headphone enable? please tell me

how to i headphone enable? please tell me: how to i headphone enable? please tell me!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-headphone-enable-please-tell-me/7d878e5a-ef53-4ea4-91fa-4ed63300f58a