Windows 10: Please wait for Local Session Manager

Discus and support Please wait for Local Session Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home on an older eMachine. Customer was trying to do something with "PCMatic" he just saw on TV and thought it might help his PC without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Mar 21, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Please wait for Local Session Manager

Windows 10 Home on an older eMachine.

Customer was trying to do something with "PCMatic" he just saw on TV and thought it might help his PC without checking with his computer IT guy, me.

Somehow, he really got the Start screwed up and the PC boots first to :
    "Please wait for Local Session Manager"

then after a while:

"Please wait for User Profile Session"

Trying "Safe Mode" goes to the first "Please wait…" then to sort of a "Safe Mode" screen that doesn't really allow me to do anything.
    Help appreciated.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Mar 21, 2018
  2. Taffy087 Win User

KB3213986: Stuck at "Please wait for the local session manager"

Microsoft have recently released KB3216755 which amongst other things "Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986—Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors."

There are other issues this addressed so you may wish to read their article
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4011347/windows-10-update-kb3216755

If this doesn't fix your problem, sorry! I haven't time to read every one of the 50 or so threads from Users with a problem that I'm trying to reach.

You'll see that "this release is only available on the Microsoft Update Catalog website". That's bizarre in my view. If you have any views on that, please post them here

KB3216755 "Hidden" Update may fix KB3213986 problems - why no publicity about it

Hope this helps someone.

Taffy087, Mar 21, 2018
  3. KB3213986: Stuck at "Please wait for the local session manager"

This was solved by doing a fresh install of Win10x64 on a clean drive. I was working with Acronis Tech Support about a related problem and it was determined that I had been using both my original win7 login and the new Win10 login that required my Microsoft
    account. I was installing software and updates from two different login. I also learned that using "Run As Administrator" and "running an install from my administrator account" are two different things and can cause side effects including messing up permissions.
    I needed to stick to the Microsoft login account only and use "Run As Administrator" only if the program asks for it .

Anyway, both WIn10x64 and Acronis TI are working fine and all updates are in place including that last one that caused problems.

I do have one other problem as I cannot hide a printer driver update from HP. This is not new and occurred in Win7 but at least I could hide the update in 7 unlike 10. I downloaded from a Microsoft support site "Troubleshooting Pack Cabinet (diagcab)"
    that was supposed to hide the update but all it did was tell me there was a problem with the printer driver install. When I rebooted the HP driver attempted to install again. I will post this problem on the HP forum but I suspect they will tell me to hide
    it. I am guessing this update driver is older than the full HP install I did on my clean Win10 system and that why it fails to install.

BeemerBiker, Mar 21, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

I hope you told your customer that all the tools on the PCMatic drive are available for free elsewhere on the net, and you don't need to pay for them.
    Boot the computer with a USB or DVD Windows 10 installer, it doesn't have to be the customers. Choose your Language, then Repair Your Computer. Choose the Troubleshoot menu, and first try a Startup Repair, this should probably work. If not, then try System Restore. If that doesn't work, there are commands you can run in the Command Prompt. Next is you can set the computer back to Factory Default settings while keeping your files. If that is not possible, as a last resort, you can do a Clean Install of Windows.

spunk, Mar 21, 2018
  5. pepanee Win User
  6. cfourkays Win User
    Thanks, guys.
    Thing is I told him a few months ago not to download anything till he calls me. This ones on him.
    Very familiar with PCMatic. Been using the "Overdrive" test as a basic troubleshooter. for years. Wouldn't use anything else.
    Already tried "Startup repair" and that doesn't work. No Restore Points available.
    I've seen that fix from Microsoft but I can't download in since I'm not in the system.

Tried bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /fix mbr bootrec /RebuildBcd
    All say completed but doesn't help

cfourkays, Mar 21, 2018
  7. spunk Win User
    You are probably looking at a Clean Install.

spunk, Mar 22, 2018
  8. cfourkays Win User

Afraid your right. I can use a Linux boot and get all the data copied.
    In my 18 years of working on Windows PC's, this is the first time I've encountered this. From the Google searches, it looks like this is something servers run into. And I don't work on servers.
    Thanks for the help

cfourkays, Mar 22, 2018
  9. pepanee Win User
    New post.

(I deleted another post that I posted a few minutes ago. This is a different one)

So according to the site from above that I posted, the summary of that solution was to:
    Go to "C:\Windows\System32\TSTheme.exe" Properties > Security tab, and remove Users from that list.

Maybe you can try to adjust the Permissions of that file from Command Line (within the Start Up Repair screen):
    change file permissions from command line - Bing

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Please wait for Local Session Manager - Similar Threads - Please wait Local

2. I get this message whenever i boot into my window 11 "Please wait for Local Session Manager".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get this message whenever i boot into my window 11 "Please wait for Local Session Manager".: This message has been there for a year now , how can i remove it . Please help me this has slowed my Laptop and is annoying everytime seeing this ....
  3. I get this message whenever i boot into my window 11 "Please wait for Local Session Manager".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get this message whenever i boot into my window 11 "Please wait for Local Session Manager".: This message has been there for a year now , how can i remove it . Please help me this has slowed my Laptop and is annoying everytime seeing this ....
  4. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  5. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  6. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Session Manager: Hello, this might be a long question Few month ago i did a tweak using an apps named "Hone", and tomorrow after i tweaked my laptop, when it boot it just says local session manager, i can boot the laptop normally but, what is Local Session Manager?, and why when i tried to...
  8. Local Session Manager and Domain Logins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Session Manager and Domain Logins: Bought two new laptops (Lenovo Yogas) both came pre installed with windows 10 Pro. I have two users who can log in to their domain accounts while on our network however when they go anywhere else it states that they cannot find our domain. Our AD is configured to allow domain...
  9. Local Sessions Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Sessions Manager: Why does Local Sessions Manager start up on some Windows 10 laptops and not on other s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-sessions-manager/dd20f674-80c1-4ffa-b863-10a8e821cb80
  10. "Waiting for Local Session manager"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Waiting for Local Session manager": Using a Dell Laptop with W10 ver 1607 64 bit 2 out of 3 times my Laptop will start quickly and what I think of as normal. Then the other times it start, and for a long time no screen activity at al … though I can see there is HDD activity, it can be 5 mins or more then it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please wait for the local session manager

2. please wait for local session manager fix

3. please wait for local session manager

4. waiting for local session manager,
  5. local session manager windows 10,
  6. please wait for the local session manager win 10,
  7. why my chrombook peppy pc say please wait for the local session manager and remain blue screen,
  8. Windows 10 Please wait for Local session manager,
  9. win10 21h2 stuck at please wait for local session manager,
  10. please wait for Local Sessioon Manager,
  11. newcastle university waiting for local session manager,
  12. why does please wait for local session manager appear on startup,
  13. windows 10 stuck at local session manager,
  14. pc boot up getting please wait for the local session manager,
  15. please wait for session manager