Windows 10: Please welcome,the GTX 980

Discus and support Please welcome,the GTX 980 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since we aint gettin',any "9" Windows,we sure could use,a "niner" GPU! Most anticipated graphics card,of at least the year,here comes the GeForce GTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by proudtobegreek, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Please welcome,the GTX 980

Since we aint gettin',any "9" Windows,we sure could use,a "niner" GPU!
    Most anticipated graphics card,of at least the year,here comes the GeForce GTX 980 NVidia

GeForce GTX 980 Graphics Card | GeForce

Feel free,to fill the thread with reviews,benchmarks and the prices,from all over the Globe!

:)

proudtobegreek, Sep 30, 2014

2. windows audio service is not responding AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

Oh and a gigabyte g1 gtx 980

TeronSorensen, Sep 30, 2014
  3. GTX 980 fan spins at 100% on running heavy games

Yea I'm off asus gpu's personally my evga is a lot better and it shouldn't be Please welcome,the GTX 980 :p

asus gtx 980 20th anniversary gold turd

evga gtx 980 hybrid Please welcome,the GTX 980 :)

The only onther things it could be is either the vga cables or the psu :/

ThrashZone, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Dude Win User

Please welcome,the GTX 980

5. Stephanie Win User
    GeForce GTX 980 around £500ish in the UK

Please welcome,the GTX 980 [​IMG]

Stephanie, Sep 30, 2014
  6. MrNeeds Win User
    MrNeeds, Sep 30, 2014
  7. azasadny Win User
    My son wants one but he's working and paying for college, so $ is very tight....

azasadny, Oct 8, 2014
  8. Flik Win User

I bought the Asus Strix GTX 970 the day it came out and couldn't be happier. I couldn't really justify the extra (which is quite a lot) for the 980.

Flik, Oct 8, 2014
  9. I was disappointed to see that the 980 only has 4GB and is not much faster than a 780ti

still great cards though and well worth the upgrade if you currently have an older card.

SmartEyeball, Oct 9, 2014
  10. Boozad Win User
    I'm in two minds whether to upgrade from my 780, I've been on the verge of ordering a reference card since they came out but haven't hit the button yet. I've missed my chance really as the place where I bought my custom build from was offering the 980 as an upgrade for my PC at just over £400 which was why I was tempted but now they've gone up to £460. I could probably get £200 for my 780 but still, it's handling all of my games easily hence the indecision.

Boozad, Oct 9, 2014
  11. Flik Win User
    I don't blame you. If I had the 780 I probably wouldn't. I was upgrading from a 660 so it was well worth it in my case.

12. essenbe Win User
    I'm waiting for the 980 Classified, which hopefully will be out in the next week to 10 days.

essenbe, Oct 12, 2014
  13. swarfega Win User

Like flik I bought the Asus Strix 970 on day of release and love the card. So quiet and quick.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Please welcome,the GTX 980 - Similar Threads - Please welcome GTX

2. Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?: Hi,I've been getting lots of program crashes / BSODs lately surrounding corrupt files/drivers/etc, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, CACHE_MANAGER, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA, many othersI have run countless SFC scans and DISM image repairs, all of which have...
  3. Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?: Hi,I've been getting lots of program crashes / BSODs lately surrounding corrupt files/drivers/etc, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, CACHE_MANAGER, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA, many othersI have run countless SFC scans and DISM image repairs, all of which have...
  4. Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. GTX 980 not compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTX 980 not compatible with Windows 10?: Hi there! So, I’m trying to install Windows 10 Pro, unfortunately as I’m trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 the Media Creation Tool 1809. I’m getting a message saying my GTX 980 is incompatible with Windows 10 and that I will have display problems. I went ahead...
  6. Display driver stops responding GTX 980

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver stops responding GTX 980: On the 18th my monitor just turned it self off twice in space of 10 minutes. The Nvidia driver stops responding and Windows Desktop Manager would end up crashing and turning monitor off. I updated the Nvidia drivers via Geforce experience and it appeared to fix it On the...
  7. Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980

Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980: Hi.a I’m running Windows 10 & the latest GTX GeForce 980 drivers. I have 4 monitors: My 4th monitor isn’t being detected. *I have two HP monitors: 1280 x 1024 connected via Display Ports. *I have two DELL monitors: 2560 x 1440 - one connected via a display port, the last...
  8. Windows 10 and GTX 980 problems

Windows 10 and GTX 980 problems: Hi, Big Problem Upgraded from GA-Z97X SOC to GA-Z97X Gaming G1 BK to enjoy more PCI lane with PLX chip. It has been a nightmare. Keep getting graphic card error with my 2 GTX 980 in SLI. Error 43, BSOD, .... Tried everything. New...
  9. Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card

Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card: Hi, In October I bought the MSI GTX 980 graphics card as an upgrade for my Radeon R9 280x. I presumed that I would be getting a lot better performance in games since the 980 is a much more powerful card, this was the case in some games like GTA 5 where I can run the game...
  10. Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy

Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy: Windows 10 installed a native driver for the Nvidia 980 card that I have. The display is choppy and every time you open a window it paints the screen very slowly. I attempted to install the latest version of Nvidia (Win 8.1) but got a Blue Screen during the installation with...