Windows 10: Pls help me with restore to 7

Discus and support Pls help me with restore to 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I've been on 10 for about 2 weeks now. I miss a few features that was with 7 and I can't seem to save my pc data to my external hard drive. I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tousdae, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Tousdae Win User

Pls help me with restore to 7

Hi. I've been on 10 for about 2 weeks now. I miss a few features that was with 7 and I can't seem to save my pc data to my external hard drive. I'd like to roll back. I tried a system restore last night, but it said there are errors on my hard drive and it won't allow me. Please help.

Edit - Also what helped me with this decision was the constant blue screening since Windows updated 2 nights ago.

Thanks.

:)

Tousdae, Jun 16, 2016

2. What is changing my File and Printer Sharing Options on a Local User Account? (Windows 10)

I have multiple workstations that need to have File and Printer Sharing options ON at all times, however when I change these settings they revert back after some period of time (usually a day or a couple days).

Is there some Local Group Policy setting that is changing this setting?

Is Windows Firewall switching this back?

The Users that operate these workstations are on Local Accounts, assigned to the default WORKGROUP.

Nothing I find online points to where either of these affect this specific setting - I am making these changes at the below location:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

I change this for both "Private" and "Guest or Public" and also change Network discovery settings, setting both to ON

[help-me-pls], Jun 16, 2016
  3. Help me with n900 pls...

NONE of your applications from your e90 are compatible with your n900.

your e90 is on symbian s60v3 (symbian)

your n900 is on maemo 5 (linux)

drasticly different OS's.

however, there are many things you will not need applications for that you ussed too on the e90, or any other platform for that matter...because you can go directly to the internet on your microb web browser and run sites just like on your PC.

ceroberts75, Jun 16, 2016
  4. Beaupeep Win User

Have you checked your boot and other drives for errors?

Beaupeep, Jun 16, 2016
  5. Tousdae Win User
    I downloaded a program. It scanned, said there were errors and then wouldn't clean it until I paid. I used CC Cleaner to clean registry files. I'm not a pro with the pc. I can change hardware but know just about nothing about how to do things.

Tousdae, Jun 16, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery

If you have only been on 10 for two weeks, the recover back to 7 should still be available to you.

RWOne, Jun 16, 2016
  7. Tousdae Win User
    It is available to me. However, It won't roll back because of supposed errors on my hard drive.

Do I use Sea tools to check the drive?

Tousdae, Jun 16, 2016
  8. Beaupeep Win User

Uh oh. Do you recall which program this was? I hope you didn't inadvertently download some unwanted program or worse still ransomware.

I also hope you have a good AV program running? Windows Defender and Windows Firewall do a stellar job as a basic PC protection solutions.

CCleaner will clean junk and temporary files off of your drives but it will not repair logical errors.

Do one thing: Open Windows Explorer, right click on the drive you want to check and then click on "Properties". Then click on the Tools tab then on the Error Checking "Check" button. Repeat this for each drive in your PC.

Beaupeep, Jun 16, 2016
  9. Tousdae Win User
    The name of the program was Smart PC Fixer. I am using Windows Defender. What happened to antivirus programs btw? We don't need them on 10???

I click on the "check" button but nothing happens! *Sad

Tousdae, Jun 16, 2016
  10. Beaupeep Win User
    Well, Windows Defender is an anti virus program. When combined with the built in Windows Firewall, it is good enough for most people. I use Norton but that's a different story. *Smile

OK, you probably have a corrupted Windows 10 installation. I'd suggest you start backing up ALL your data. Any attempted repairs to your hard drive MAY result in data corruption or loss.

Please be absolutely certain that you have your data backed up before beginning repairs.

Create a recovery disk: Go to Control Panel --> Recovery --> Create a Recovery Drive. Be sure to check the "Backup System Files to the recovery drive" checkbox. Follow the instructions on your screen.

Open an admin command prompt. In Windows 10, press the Windows key + X, then select "Command Prompt (Admin)" .

In the DOS box, type in 'chkdsk c: /f' (without the quotes) and press Enter.

The command will run and ask if it should check the drive the next time the system restarts. Type in 'Y' and press enter.

Reboot the machine. Let me know how it goes.

Beaupeep, Jun 16, 2016
  11. Tousdae Win User
    I did this - Create a recovery disk: Go to Control Panel --> Recovery --> Create a Recovery Drive. Be sure to check the "Backup System Files to the recovery drive" checkbox. Follow the instructions on your screen.

I hope it's supposed to take over 10 minutes to get to the next step becuz that's about how long it's been running.

Ok be back. TY

Tousdae, Jun 16, 2016
  12. Tousdae Win User
    *Sad "Cant create a recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."

I'm browsing online. Should I not be doing anything?

Tousdae, Jun 16, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Try going to your command prompt ADMIN
    Then type this command chkdsk /f C:
    After typing this command exactly as posted, Windows should tell you that it needs to run the command on your next reboot.
    Reboot your computer and let it run, this could take a long time to finish, if your hard drive has lots of problems.

Right click on your Windows Start Menu and you will see Command prompt ADMIN

OldMike65, Jun 16, 2016
  14. Beaupeep Win User
    Plug in an empty USB drive, 8 GB or larger, into a USB port and try again. If this fails, do you have the Windows 10 DVD or USB drive handy? If not, do you have access to another PC?

No worries, shouldn't be an issue. But the fewer write operations that hard drive/SSD experiences the better it is.

Beaupeep, Jun 16, 2016
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    Run Chkdsk, Tousdae Like I just suggested to you, don't do anything else yet please.

OldMike65, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Pls help me with restore to 7 - Similar Threads - Pls help restore

2. Help me this pls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me this pls: My Laptop after reset, i don't know about Select Administrator next. Please help me this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-this-pls/58c9b5bc-99fe-49cd-9e84-47e64c6cfb39
  3. Help me this pls

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help me this pls: My Laptop after reset, i don't know about Select Administrator next. Please help me this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-this-pls/58c9b5bc-99fe-49cd-9e84-47e64c6cfb39
  4. pls help me with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pls help me with...: this thing always show since avira prime delete a system32 because it think the file have a virus and then it terminates the file but I cannot do anything about it pls help...
  5. Pls help me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help me!: I have a Chuwi Herobook Pro!It has windows 11 homeToday I tryid to get windows 11 22H2 and after some hours I did fail!I checked youtube!I watched what is sayd o tryd that but is also soIt says:"Windows 11, version 22H2 is availabile.""We couldn't install this update,but you...
  6. PLS HELP ME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLS HELP ME: Hello, I also have a problem with my windows since I installed it on my laptop, I had problems with the constant printing problems and I actually can't stand it anymore and I want to go back to windows 10 because I had much higher expectations and I also have WINDOWS 11 PRO...
  7. PLS HELP ME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLS HELP ME: Hello, I also have a problem with my windows since I installed it on my laptop, I had problems with the constant printing problems and I actually can't stand it anymore and I want to go back to windows 10 because I had much higher expectations and I also have WINDOWS 11 PRO...
  8. pls help me :

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pls help me :: My c drive is getting filled because of apps and features everytime I restart my pc. I only have 2 gb of apps when I checked. Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-me/2da51dd5-52bd-439c-aa76-8305de5da8e0
  9. Pls help me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pls help me: I installed bios few days ago. And now my pc taking forever to check for updates can bios affect windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-me/7f9759ff-04d4-408c-a6c0-8adf4d6c2c48
  10. Help me pls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help me pls: I have an error or somthing i don't know, there is an icon on my desktop and when i delete it a window pop ups and said "Item not found" like the picture below but the icon was still there, how can i delete this annoying icon[ATTACH]...