Windows 10: Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Discus and support Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my desktop a 3.5mm plug broke off in my rear speaker out jack. And now when I try to use the front headphone jack it doesn't work. Did the broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cedar, Jul 23, 2018.

1. cedar Win User

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

On my desktop a 3.5mm plug broke off in my rear speaker out jack.
    And now when I try to use the front headphone jack it doesn't work.
    Did the broken plug in the rear disable the front headphone jack?

Can anyone help with either problem?
    thanks!

:)

cedar, Jul 23, 2018

2. Rear audio jack is very quiet with headphones plugged in

My front audio jack broke so now I'm trying to use my rear audio jack to plug my headphones into. Windows is detecting the headset as
    Speakers "High Definition Audio Device" and it is set to the default device. I've gone through everything the windows troubleshooter has recommended and all that's on the Microsoft website about fixing audio. I believe that the problem is that
    Windows is detecting my headphones as speaker. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Michael_886, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Headphone jack conflicts with bose??

I dont remember installing software for the Bose. It's possible. But it is just used through Bluetooth.

jerryandtabatha, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Headphone jack conflicts with bose??

Right, there is no marked "headphone" jack on the rear of your computer BUT it is the same as the Speaker jack, usually light green and usually the middle jack of three or maybe you have 2 rows of jacks. Not all motherboards use exactly the same layout but most use the light green jack for speakers/headphone. Plugging speakers or headphones into the front jack should cut out any speakers plugged into the rear jack.

Did you have to install software for the Bose? That may be taking control of things.

Berton, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now - Similar Threads - Plug broke off

2. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  3. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  4. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  5. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I have headphones/speakers plugged in the front jack, they are undetected.

I have headphones/speakers plugged in the front jack, they are undetected.: I always worked with headphones on my computer and today suddenly there was no sound. The system can only output sound from HDMI cable to the monitor. I have tried every solution possible available online, I have updated drivers from Device Manager, I have disabled HDMI audio...
  7. Headphones not working when plugged into the rear jack.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not working when plugged into the rear jack.: Hello there, recently I bought a headset and plugged it in the rear jack. It came with both audio and microphone jack. When I plugged it in the rear jack it would show that it's playing sound in the sound control panel, but there would be no sound coming from it. However,...
  8. Headphones into rear audio jack?

Headphones into rear audio jack?: Hello. The headphone input on the front of my PC is broken and I cannot use it anymore. No big deal I thought, I'll plug my headphones into the rear audio jack. Well... that ends up being a massive issue somehow. The back inputs seem to be coded differently, which makes the...
  9. How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

How do I disable the front headphone Jack?: Hi I broke off my 3.5mm cord for speakers in front headphone jack. Ive tried everybody everybody has said everywhere (im pretty good with computers but just had half my teeth out, i physically can take pain killers and i cant think) but cant figure out how to shut off the...
  10. Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?: Where I work, the IT department made the mistake of purchasing computers with built-in speakers. We do not want the speakers to function at all, only any sound put through the headphone jack. After disabling the speakers, we found that YouTube no longer works, which is a...