Windows 10: Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed

Discus and support Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all - Never a day of peace with W10... *Tongue I simply inserted my iPhone 7 and W10 took care of the necessary preparations. Take a look at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Compumind, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed

Hi all -

Never a day of peace with W10... *Tongue

I simply inserted my iPhone 7 and W10 took care of the necessary preparations.
    Take a look at the screenshot -

Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed [​IMG]

Now, does that look like a Cellphone to you?
    Also look at my external USB 3.0 WD 4TB HDD drive icon.

My Autorun folder/Autorun.inf file were deleted by W10 and I had to restore the files to the WD drive.
    The external is now fine with the correct icon that I had created.

So I rebuilt the Icon and Thumbnail cache and it made no difference as to the iPhone.

What might be going on?

Thanks. *Eek

:)

Compumind, Jul 11, 2018

2. Plugging Apple iPhone into Windows 10 Anniversary - Installation Settings

• iTunes upgraded to 12.4.3.1
    • iOS on the iPhone upgraded from 9.3.3 to 9.3.4

Hello Sir,

Thank you for reading and responding to my post.

As you suggested, I checked for updates. Much to my surprise, I had updates for my iPhone and iTunes. They were both recently updated in the past few weeks. Now these two items are current.

When I open the icon, I get the file explorer which opens to "This PC\iPhone," which is good. The icon, however, is still that ugly box looking shape.

Is there a way to cause a "reset" so that when I plug my iPhone into my Windows computer, it re-registers the device? I am hoping that the ugly box disappears and is replaced by an iPhone looking symbol.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kevin Stecyk, Jul 11, 2018
  3. PC Pilot Win User
    iPhone shown as Unspecified in Devices and Printers

Hi Dimitri,

Not sure if this is a help but my iPhone 6/iOS 9.2.1 shows in 'Devices & Printers' as well as 'This PC' identically to your 2 screenshots.....perhaps that is intentional?

I guess this jars on you (it does with me*Sad). I would like to see it suitably listed as say 'Portable Devices' or 'Mobile Devices' and displayed with appropriate custom icons*Smile

If it transpires that this is correct, perhaps the forum Gurus could suggest how we might customise Windows 10 to display them in a more 'visibly appealing' format......

Any thoughts guys???

PC Pilot, Jul 11, 2018
  4. shevanel Win User

iphone, win7 and p55... uselesssssss, need help

After a couple hours of attempting to sync my daughters iphone to my pc I discovered that some people are having the same issue when using win7 - p55 and itunes..

i hate itunes so I tried poddox, annapod, xplay and still none of these will recognize that the iphone is plugged in.. although in "my pc" the iphone is listed under cameras and im able to access pics that are on the iphone..

i was hoping someone here is using p55. win7 and an iphone and could suggest a good program other than itunes to sync with.. or how to fix it using itunes.

Thanks

shevanel, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed - Similar Threads - Plugged iPhone noticed

2. Odd Displaying Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd Displaying Issues: I have a MSI GS66 Stealth 11uh, everything works fine, screen works fine and everything. But every time I plug in an HDMI and hook up a secondary monitor into it for some weird reason it will only display on the 2nd monitor. I then will go to settings, and it says its set to,...
  3. Odd Displaying Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Displaying Issues: I have a MSI GS66 Stealth 11uh, everything works fine, screen works fine and everything. But every time I plug in an HDMI and hook up a secondary monitor into it for some weird reason it will only display on the 2nd monitor. I then will go to settings, and it says its set to,...
  4. Odd Displaying Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Odd Text Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Text Display: Hi All, Having a bit of an odd issue which I'm also struggling to explain. This has limited my abilities to search for answers.This is a program that installs AI traffic for ESP Flight Simulators. It is not the only place where this is happening but it is the most obvious and...
  6. Odd Text Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Text Display: Hi All, Having a bit of an odd issue which I'm also struggling to explain. This has limited my abilities to search for answers.This is a program that installs AI traffic for ESP Flight Simulators. It is not the only place where this is happening but it is the most obvious and...
  7. Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sherwinsanto [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnefgt/windows_10_icons_not_being_displayed_properly/
  8. downloads being odd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloads being odd: whenever i download anything it the picture for the file is internet explorer even when i use chrome and when i click open a screen comes up with things to click open,save, and save as when i do open i click save then open the a copy of that same file it happens with any...
  9. OneDrive being odd or is it normal behaviour?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive being odd or is it normal behaviour?: Hi All, So my lecturer wanted me to submit coursework to him via a shared folder in OneDrive. I thought 'OK why not - what could go wrong?'. After signing in it decided to remove all of the folders and their contents from my Desktop, Documents, Music and Pictures...
  10. Icons shifting when display is plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons shifting when display is plugged in: Okay, so, I've had my laptop for almost a year now, For the first roughly 8 months when i plug in a display, all of my desktop icons stayed in place, on my main laptop screen. (I plug in and detach a monitor all the time, probably at the least once daily, none of the icons...