Windows 10: plz help i need to turn off airplane mode the button is greyed out in settings

Discus and support plz help i need to turn off airplane mode the button is greyed out in settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my Laptop is a Alienware 15 R3 i turned on airplane mode on accident and cant turn it off the buttonj is greyed out and also i tried the FN prnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FishFish16, Jul 31, 2018.

1. plz help i need to turn off airplane mode the button is greyed out in settings

my Laptop is a Alienware 15 R3

i turned on airplane mode on accident and cant turn it off the buttonj is greyed out and also i tried the FN prnt screen but that turns off the keyboard light for my laptop, also all of the FN F# buttons but nothing works i dont want to go into BIOS or anything becuase i dont know what i am doing so please help

:)

FishFish16, Jul 31, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 AIRPLANE MODE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

You can turn off aero plane mode from setting and check if it helps:

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on network.

3. Select flight mode and toggle to disable it.

4. After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off.

Step 2:

Try to Turn off Airplane Mode in Action Center and check the status.

1. Press Windows keys +A to open action center.

2. Click tap on airplane mode quick action button to toggle it on or off.

Step 3:

Try to turn off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon and check if that helps.

1. Click on network icon on the task bar.

2. Click/tap on aero plane icon to toggle it on or off.

Step 4:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to update the Wireless network drivers once again and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Look for Wireless driver and then right click and click on Update driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 31, 2018
  3. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2018
  4. plz help i need to turn off airplane mode the button is greyed out in settings

Unable to turn off the Airplane mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn off the Airplane mode on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to turn off the Airplane mode.

I suggest you to try the following work around and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Turn off Airplane mode under Settings.

Open Settings.

Once Settings launched, click Network & Internet.

Click on Airplane mode. Change the toggle button position under Turn this on to stop all wireless communication to off position to turn off the Airplane mode.

After the Airplane mode is turned off, please make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth switches under Wireless devices section are turned on.

Method 2: Turn on WI Fi.

Step 1:open Settings.

Step 2: Once Settings app is launched, click on
    Network and Internet.

Step 3: Click on
    Wi-Fi. Turn on the Wi-Fi by changing toggle switch to On position.

Step 4: Click on the Wi-Fi connection that you would like to connect to and then click or tap
    Connect button.

Method 3: Remove Airplane mode icon from system tray.

Step 1:Open Windows Explorer.

Step 2:Open Task manager by holding
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkey.

Step 3: If the taskbar is opened with limited details view, click
    More details button go the full view.

Step 4: Under
    Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Explorer entry, and then click
    Restart option to restart the File Explorer including the taskbar. This will refresh all the icons on the Task bar.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

plz help i need to turn off airplane mode the button is greyed out in settings

1. plz help i need to turn off airplane mode the button is greyed out in settings - Similar Threads - plz help need

2. No available Wifi Button or Bluetooth button. AIrplane mode also greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No available Wifi Button or Bluetooth button. AIrplane mode also greyed out.: Hi!I updated to Windows 11 a couple weeks back and I've had no issues.. except randomly the other day. I was browsing the internet like normal when it said I was disconnected. I then look and there is not even an option to connect to wifi anymore. Then I noticed the Bluetooth...
  3. No available Wifi Button or Bluetooth button. AIrplane mode also greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No available Wifi Button or Bluetooth button. AIrplane mode also greyed out.: Hi!I updated to Windows 11 a couple weeks back and I've had no issues.. except randomly the other day. I was browsing the internet like normal when it said I was disconnected. I then look and there is not even an option to connect to wifi anymore. Then I noticed the Bluetooth...
  4. airplane mode greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode greyed out: last night i went to sleep with my laptop still turned on wifi etc and it kinda shut down because i didn't plug in charger and when i wake up to open it i realize the airplane mode is turned on i've tried plugging my wifi adapter in and out. the wifi option is available but...
  5. help i cant turn off airplane mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help i cant turn off airplane mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gfriedchicken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fk62zv/help_i_cant_turn_off_airplane_mode/
  6. Airplane mode will not turn off in Windows 10 it is greyed out and cannot access wifi

Airplane mode will not turn off in Windows 10 it is greyed out and cannot access wifi: Airplane mode will not turn off in Windows 10 it is greyed out and cannot access wifi, the wifi tries to start then automatically shuts itself down...
  7. Airplane Mode Greyed Out

Airplane Mode Greyed Out: I have been happy with Windows10 for a while now, but over the last 2 days I have been unable to connect to the internet as all of a sudden I am in airplane mode which is quite strange as I do not have the option of turning it on or off. Please could somebody advise me how to...
  8. Airplane mode is Greyed out

Airplane mode is Greyed out: windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.472) Lenovo think Pad T430s the airplane button is greyed out and is turned on. I am unable to use wifi. The switch on the side of laptop is turned on. The FN key method is not working. Please help....
  9. AIrplane Mode is ON, but greyed out. Not able to off it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AIrplane Mode is ON, but greyed out. Not able to off it.: Wifi and Hotspot are disabled in my Dell laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3542. Airplane Mode is ON but greyed out. Not able to off it. It all happened after a fresh install of Windows 10 version 1803 which I downloaded from official site. It was well working till the drivers and...
  10. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alienware laptop stuck in airplane mode