Windows 10: PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR when connecting anything USB Windows 10 and not with Windows 7

Discus and support PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR when connecting anything USB Windows 10 and not with Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings all, Please allow this discussion to be a learning experience for us all and more so a rant. Windows 10 has been a double edged sword of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesFreeman2, Aug 4, 2018.

1. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR when connecting anything USB Windows 10 and not with Windows 7

Greetings all,

Please allow this discussion to be a learning experience for us all and more so a rant. Windows 10 has been a double edged sword of benefits and headaches. Somehow making so many changes just to make things LOOK aesthetically better, so called easier to troubleshoot, function period has proven to be a nightmare for some of us in the IT field.

Windows 10 can't seem to handle anything coming over USB/USB3.0/USB C these days. This PNP FATAL ERROR when someone wants to add dual monitors or use anything over a port is the most silliest, roll up to 1803 or whatever number Microsoft puts in front of a so called "Update" does nothing but create hypertension, frustration, discovery of what else does not work in a domain environment. Windows 7 however has never had these problems.

If it isn't broke don't fix it is something that does not exist in the developers minds. I can go on for days discussing the stupidity of the very fundamentals that are lacking and what seems to continue lacking with the updates. But I won't. How can some spend so much money investing in forced upon us Microsoft products when the updates do not install so now uninstalling updates several times over while taking over hours to even get to the failed install? And why so much over a short span of time hijacking a machine (even though there is specified times we want updates to install) it will do it when someone has been working for hours and suddenly, windows updates.

Almost every windows 10 machine brand new out of the box is guaranteed to Blue Screen with a damn PNP DETECTED Fatal Error even with the most recent update. Plugging in something as simple as another monitor or plugging in period produces this stupid error.

Please don't link me to KB databases that do not resolve this issue. Put in place an option to roll back to Windows 7 if the ones spending money to buy the product wants to. Put in place a damn fix or don't shove down everyone's throat updates that don't address underlying problems.

:)

JamesFreeman2, Aug 4, 2018

2. PNP detected fatal error

After upgrading to windows 10, the computer is always giving me a blue screen with sad face and says that its a pnp detected fatal error . Then the computer restarts automatically . I searched a lot for answers but it was worthless ! Please help ...

MohamadTarhini, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Stop code : PNP Detected fatal error

Hi,

have you performed these steps before, if not, then kindly go for these, they may be helpful.

1. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.

2. In the 'Windows setup' page, select the 'language to install', 'Time and currency format' and the 'keyboard or input method' and click on 'next'.

3. Click on 'Repair your computer' and select 'Troubleshoot'.

4. Click on 'Advanced options' and select 'Automatic Repair' and choosing the startup setup->then choosing the option that disables driver check.

5. You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Ref:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Aug 4, 2018
  4. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR when connecting anything USB Windows 10 and not with Windows 7

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR when connecting anything USB Windows 10 and not with Windows 7

1. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR when connecting anything USB Windows 10 and not with Windows 7 - Similar Threads - PNP DETECTED FATAL

2. PNP Detected Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi,I'm running Win10, latest updates.I have just done a VMware update and when finished it wanted a reboot.However, after the system has rebooted, I can log in and then after a minute I get the BSoD with the error "PNP Detected Fatal Error".I'm struggling to guess what VMWare...
  3. PNP Detected Fatal Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi,I'm running Win10, latest updates.I have just done a VMware update and when finished it wanted a reboot.However, after the system has rebooted, I can log in and then after a minute I get the BSoD with the error "PNP Detected Fatal Error".I'm struggling to guess what VMWare...
  4. PNP Detected Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: Hey Guys! Yesterday, Windows did one of its auto updates. When it was done, it came to a Blue screen that gave me the PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR. I get that error about 2 sec after I see my windows logo when I boot up the PC. I have tried literally everything and still...
  6. PNP Detected Fatal Error

PNP Detected Fatal Error: [IMG][IMG]Hi I have HP personal laptop and yesterday I just click on latest update to install and after 1 min it suddently restart my laptop and give ke stopcode error. ERROR was PNP detected fatal error I think Dave replied to my post and I am not able to reply back to...
  7. PNP Detected Fatal Error

PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi I have HP personal laptop and yesterday I just click on latest update to install and after 1 min it suddently restart my laptop and give ke stopcode error. ERROR was PNP detected fatal error This is first time happened. I don't want to loose my all data so i can't...
  8. PNP detected fatal error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PNP detected fatal error: Hi Resently i have been getting this Error PNP detected fatal error Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ca 0x0000000000000002, 0xffff9e038f3fc040, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...
  9. Fix PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR Blue Screen usually occurs when any new hardware usually of the type Plug and Play are attached. When this device is plugged, the driver for that device crashes or is not found or is eventually incompatible. There are [...] This post Fix...
  10. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: My windows 10 updated automatically and now it keeps restarting non-stop. It doesnt even go to the recovery screen at all!! Im at my dead end right now...please somebody help me...i need to do my works... I have tried almost all method i can find in the net... And now it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pnp detected fatal error connecting usb