Windows 10: PocketMags App

Discus and support PocketMags App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my PocketMags App asks me for a Windows Live login on start-up? This won't go away I have not had a Windows Live log in for years, and the App then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnKearton, Oct 21, 2020.

  1. PocketMags App


    Hi, my PocketMags App asks me for a Windows Live login on start-up? This won't go away I have not had a Windows Live log in for years, and the App then freezes and won't shut down. I have to use Task Manager to shut it down. PocketMags have been no help at all and claim their system works OK. The App very occasionally works if I start it as soon as the computer has booted, and also worked Ok after the last Windows update a few days ago, but only until I shut down and now it is asking for Windows Live log in again.


    Any suggestions?

    :)
     
    JohnKearton, Oct 21, 2020
    #1

  2. Pocketmags App

    Don -

    It shows in Steps 4 and 5 in this tutorial I first gave you how to access and read your Pocketmag purchases:

    How digital magazines work on Windows apps

    Microsoft only sells the app and a free bonus magazine, not the magazines themselves which are purchased from Pocketmags and in the app.

    I hope this makes it clearer.
     
    Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Oct 21, 2020
    #2
  3. Pocketmags App

    Don, most of those purchases are stored in MS Store Hub (three dots at top right of Store app) > My Library. Go there and see if there is a button similar to Install that will load them into your App. If not let me know.

    But when I search the MS Store for Steam Railways pocketmag it doesn't show up. Is it possible you bought it from Pocketmag and not MS since you said you see it in your Pocketmag account? If so then it shows in Step 4 of the tutorial from Pocketmag I provided
    you in my first post how to locate your Pocketmag library in the app.
     
    Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Oct 21, 2020
    #3
  4. PocketMags App

    Pocketmags App

    I have purchased a yearly subscription through your Pocketmags App for Steam Railway. Can you advise how I read the magazine as it does not appear on the PocketMags website when I log into it.
     
    DonaldMiles, Oct 21, 2020
    #4
Thema:

PocketMags App

Loading...
  1. PocketMags App - Similar Threads - PocketMags App

  2. How to run React app in Visual Studio Code

    in Windows 10 News
    How to run React app in Visual Studio Code: [ATTACH]You can develop and run React applications directly in Visual Studio Code. You do not need a separate development environment inside VS Code, but you do need Node.js and a React project to get started. In this post, we will see how you can run a React app in Visual...
  3. Google Releases a Dedicated Gemini App for Windows

    in Windows 10 News
    Google Releases a Dedicated Gemini App for Windows: Google has now launched a special Gemini app for Windows, coming on the back of its previous release for macOS, as the company has announced. The free app allows users to activate the AI assistant using the Alt + Space keyboard shortcut and thus means that Windows users need...
  4. Windows 11 Tests Toggle to Force Apps to Open Maximized, Aiding Small Screens and Handhelds

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Tests Toggle to Force Apps to Open Maximized, Aiding Small Screens and Handhelds: Microsoft is testing a Windows 11 feature that allows users to set apps to open maximized by default. Most apps currently open in windowed mode unless the user changes this setting. The new toggle, found in recent Windows 11 preview builds, is expected to help devices with...
  5. Windows 11 Test Build Adds Per-App Camera, Microphone, and Location Controls for Desktop...

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Test Build Adds Per-App Camera, Microphone, and Location Controls for Desktop...: Microsoft is testing a way to revoke camera, microphone, and location access for individual Win32 desktop programs in Windows 11, extending granular control that until now applied only to Microsoft Store apps. The capability surfaced in Windows Insider Preview Build...
  6. Windows 11 Expands Low Latency Profile CPU Boost to All Apps in August Patch Tuesday Update

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Expands Low Latency Profile CPU Boost to All Apps in August Patch Tuesday Update: Microsoft is expanding its Low Latency Profile (LLP) feature to all Windows 11 apps with this month's Patch Tuesday update. Previously limited to the Start menu and native interface, LLP now reaches most apps and Win32 programs as part of the KB5121003 update for all...
  7. Select an app to open this file keeps popping up in Windows 11; How to disable it?

    in Windows 10 News
    Select an app to open this file keeps popping up in Windows 11; How to disable it?: [ATTACH]If you keep getting the Select an app to open this file popup in Windows 11, the error is usually associated with missing file associations, corrupted system files, or background processes trying to access files without assigned handlers. However, fixing the issue...
  8. Microsoft Tests Toggles to Disable Bing Web Results and Store Apps in Windows 11 Search

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Tests Toggles to Disable Bing Web Results and Store Apps in Windows 11 Search: Microsoft is testing new Windows 11 Search toggles that allow users to turn off Bing web results and Microsoft Store app suggestions. These controls, previously only available in the European Economic Area, are now being extended to all markets. The settings appear in...
  9. Windows Live Log in with Pocketmags

    in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Live Log in with Pocketmags: I have Pocketmags on my laptop running Windows 10. Up until a few weeks ago, there was no problem. Recently, after a Windows update I think, I cannot access Pocketmags from the app as it tells me to sign in to Windows Live Login - it is needed for the app. I understand this...
  10. Pocketmags App

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pocketmags App: I have purchased a yearly subscription through your Pocketmags App for Steam Railway. Can you advise how I read the magazine as it does not appear on the PocketMags website when I log into it....