Windows 10: Pointed/Cursor is not available at startup. Seems to be keyed to Optional Features.

Discus and support Pointed/Cursor is not available at startup. Seems to be keyed to Optional Features. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Seems to be keyed to Optional Features. Want to delete them; didn't download with my approval. They want voice and face recognition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SANFRO, Jul 11, 2018.

1. SANFRO Win User

Pointed/Cursor is not available at startup. Seems to be keyed to Optional Features.

Seems to be keyed to Optional Features. Want to delete them; didn't download with my approval. They want voice and face recognition.

:)

SANFRO, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Black Screen with Cursor and nothing else after Windows 10 Features Update 1703

Hi Akhil,

Based on the information you have given We suggest performing a system restore to try and fix the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Start your desktop, and after the manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to perform a hard shut down.

• Do the step #1 until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot. (You may need to perform this up to 3 times.)

• After Windows 10 boots into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE), you can now access Startup Recovery, Safe Mode, and Command Prompt.

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore, and then check if you have a restore point.

• In the list of available restore points, choose the date prior to the issue. Steps can be found in this article on
      how to perform a System Restore. Refer to Restore from a system restore point.

If the steps above fails, we suggest that you boot your computer in Safe Mode (while in the Recovery Environment) and see if it helps. Follow the steps below on how to boot in Safe Mode:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings and click Restart.

• Upon restart, click/press 4 to boot into Safe Mode.

If Safe Mode does not work, we may need to Reset your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Reset this PC.

• Choose to keep all your files and applications. This will re-install Windows 10 whilst keeping your data and applications.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Pointed/Cursor is not available at startup. Seems to be keyed to Optional Features.

Can't see cursor on startup screen

This is happening on 2 laptops. Both have a startup screen with options of W10 and W10 Safe Mode.

After upgrading to W10 the cursor does not show for selection between the options. It is still possible to move over the mouse or touchpad and move from one option to the other, but it's a bit hit and miss.

We had the same startup options in W8.1 and no problems with the cursor so it's definitely W10 related.

Any suggestions?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Pointed/Cursor is not available at startup. Seems to be keyed to Optional Features.

1. Pointed/Cursor is not available at startup. Seems to be keyed to Optional Features. - Similar Threads - Pointed Cursor available

2. Media pack is not available in Optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media pack is not available in Optional features: Trying to access the camera for the first time and it is asking to install the media feature pack for N and KN.When I tried to check it in the settings under Optional features nothing is available there.Please suggest how to install ?OS Edition :Microsoft Windows 11 Business...
  3. Media pack is not available in Optional features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media pack is not available in Optional features: Trying to access the camera for the first time and it is asking to install the media feature pack for N and KN.When I tried to check it in the settings under Optional features nothing is available there.Please suggest how to install ?OS Edition :Microsoft Windows 11 Business...
  4. Cursor and touchscreen seemingly disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor and touchscreen seemingly disappeared: Hello I woke up one morning and my cursor was completely gone aswell as my touchscreen feature not working, I've tried many videos on YouTube but nothing works and when I check where my cursor is located it says in the middle of my screen but it's completely invisible. Do you...
  5. Cursor and touchscreen seemingly disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor and touchscreen seemingly disappeared: Hello I woke up one morning and my cursor was completely gone aswell as my touchscreen feature not working, I've tried many videos on YouTube but nothing works and when I check where my cursor is located it says in the middle of my screen but it's completely invisible. Do you...
  6. Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable: On my hp laptop I have been having an issue where the cursor lags behind at some points. I have already tried:-Uninstalling the device and reinstalling -Updating drivers, rolling back drivers -Using a different mouse-Updating windows-fully resetting the computer so no files...
  7. Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.: The cursor seems to be automatically scrolling up in Windows Settings, Start menu, and the wifi menu when opened through the task bar. I've tried multiple things like unplugging my mouse and keyboard, restarting my PC, and even created another user. It also does not register...
  8. "Use a Device" Option is not available in advanced startup options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Use a Device" Option is not available in advanced startup options.: So I was going to reset my computer and got some error, so I decided to just reset it from an usb. But the "Use a Device" option doesnt show up for me. Any help would be appreciated!...
  9. Seemingly nonsensical cursor issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly nonsensical cursor issue?: My cursor seems to disappear whenever I scroll over opened windows not integral to the computer's systems. It disappears over google but reappears on the taskbar and the plain background. Not sure how or why this would be a function within a computer. Any ideas, world?...
  10. restore point feature available in Windows10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    restore point feature available in Windows10?: I had been using Windows RESTORE feature in when using Windows 7 with success when I had a system failure. This was possible when RESTORE points were established. Is the RESTORE feature available with Windows 10? best, Aaron...