Windows 10: Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

Discus and support Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This bug all new AMD cards with RADEON Driver - from Catalyst v15.7 to RADEON Crimson v18.7.1 (all versions) Experiment #1: RADEON R7 360 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by freemann38, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

This bug all new AMD cards with RADEON Driver - from Catalyst v15.7 to RADEON Crimson v18.7.1 (all versions)

Experiment #1:

RADEON R7 360 with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" (without Radeon driver)
    Desktop: FPS = 800-860
    Viewing the Spectrum foobar2000: FPS = 750-780
    Scaling in P-CAD: FPS = 700-800

Normal 2D performance!

Experiment #2:

RADEON R7 360 with Radeon driver v18.7.1

Desktop: FPS = 1280-1320
    Viewing the Spectrum foobar2000: FPS = 27-54
    Scaling in P-CAD: FPS = 10-1300

Very low 2D performance!

Video demonstration this problem:

[youtube]d06MZyREh68[/youtube]

:)

freemann38, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Installed a new graphics card but it has decreased my performance.

Hi Cain,

We suggest you perform the steps provided by RichardEiler on June 15, 2017, to check if you'll be able to see your graphics card under the Device Manager. Your computer may be using the built-in video card that is why you're experiencing
    the issue.

We'll be waiting for the result.

Argel Obm, Jul 22, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

1. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards - Similar Threads - Poor performance graphics

2. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  3. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  4. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  5. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Poor performance

Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  7. New Graphics Card Selection - Poor Reliability?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Graphics Card Selection - Poor Reliability?: I'm looking for a new graphics card to give a better frame rate at 2560x1440 pixels than my current Sapphire AMD R9 280X card. The choice is probably between a GeForce RTX 2060 Super, GeForce RTX 2070 and Radeon RX 5700 XT. The GeForce RTX 2070 Super is too expensive. When...
  8. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  9. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards: This bug all new AMD cards with RADEON Driver - from Catalyst v15.7 to RADEON Crimson v18.7.1 (all versions) Experiment #1: RADEON R7 360 with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" (without Radeon driver) Desktop: FPS = 800-860 Viewing the Spectrum foobar2000: FPS = 750-780...
  10. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....