Windows 10: Poor game performance on Windows 10

Discus and support Poor game performance on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 back when it launched in August 2015, gaming and everything was fine for me, games and apps. I was satisfied with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LimerOS, Jul 10, 2018.

1. LimerOS Win User

Poor game performance on Windows 10

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 back when it launched in August 2015, gaming and everything was fine for me, games and apps. I was satisfied with the upgrade. However, sometime around the November or the Anniversary Update, I noticed that games that easily pull off 30 or 60 FPS on older Windows 10 or Windows 7, run very poorly on newer Win 10, reaching only about a quarter of the expected, 15 FPS. This still goes on to this day, 1803.

This might be because of a very poor GPU (GMA 3100). RAM is 3 GB and the CPU is a Core 2 Duo E7300. Please tell me what to do besides purchasing a new PC, since Windows 10 is so damn appealing to me and seems far less heavy than Windows 7. The system itself is fine, it doesn't consume a lot of CPU or RAM, and browsing and other very light tasks are OK. Gaming and other more heavy apps however, are not.

Drivers and everything is up to date. Even though I'll get enough cash to save for a decent new PC until Windows 7's end-of-support in 2020, I still want to get more comfortable with Windows 10.

:)

LimerOS, Jul 10, 2018

2. Poor gaming performance after installing the Creator's update

Hello Jomari Arc,

Thanks for suggestion but I have issue with playing games are not from the windows store. I am facing the poor gaming performance the games like : - GTA V , Tom Clancy's , Watch Dogs 2 etc. Please suggest me any solution.

Thanks

Sanyamkaushik, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Poor gaming performance after installing the Creator's update

Hi Microsoft,

I really like the features and improvements you did in CREATOR'S UPFATE. But when I playing the games the performance is too poor in creator's update. Being a GAMER I am so irritate when I play games. So, Please suggest me the solution of this big issue.

Thanks

Sanyamkaushik, Jul 10, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Poor performance in ALL of my games.

Hello Scott,

There may several possible reasons why you may experience poor performance after an update. One of which may be cause by corrupted system files. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you check this article and go through the steps on how you can
    improve the performance of your Windows 10: Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Should you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to post back.

John Vil, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Poor game performance on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Poor game performance

2. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  3. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  4. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Poor performance

Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  6. Poor performance Windows 10

Poor performance Windows 10: Of late my computer Lenovo all-in-one with Windows 10 has started performing very slow. It takes a while for the system to respond to commands clicking on a program to start it, or going to a site .... I have just looked at the task manager and it shows 79 !!! instances of...
  7. 2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance: I have a Surface Pro 6 and a HP Desktop with Windows 10 and the performance of them both has deteriorated significantly in the past 4 weeks. I am getting frequent Explorer hanging, application crashes and very sluggish network performance when reading/writing to my NAS or...
  8. Poor performance in games in Windows 10

Poor performance in games in Windows 10: Hello. I have switched to Windows 10 after a complete installation including activation and latest updates (1809 version) but the problem is it is not providing the performance i deserve. I am only getting 60 to 80 fps in Csgo and major fps drops in other games including...
  9. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....
  10. Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10: Hey all, not quite sure where else to post this. Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I've had nothing but problems while gaming. Games that used to run at 100+ FPS now run at 20-30. I experience constant stuttering and frame drops on even the lowest graphic settings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. poor game performance

2. windows 10 poor performance

3. poor game performance after power surge