Windows 10: Poor Graphics Display - Lines Going Through Dark Colours

Discus and support Poor Graphics Display - Lines Going Through Dark Colours in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure where this came from, but all of a sudden video isn't displaying properly. I'm posting a screenshot of this page where you can see a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mkmossop, May 28, 2017.

1. mkmossop Win User

Poor Graphics Display - Lines Going Through Dark Colours

Not sure where this came from, but all of a sudden video isn't displaying properly. I'm posting a screenshot of this page where you can see a bunch of vertical lines going through the bar at the bottom of windows.

Here's another screenshot from a movie where it's much more obvious, and a screenshot of windows media player playing a music file.

I don't think this was an issue until a recent windows update. I checked my graphics card and apparently I have the latest version, so not sure what to do.

:)

mkmossop, May 28, 2017
  2. blitzkid Win User

C6-01 Software

If you want colourful menus in your Nokia C6-01 then try going for some other theme. Try symbian next life... It gives colourful menu. And the black background with white menu has been designed by Nokia to save power as display of bright colours in Amoled
    screens use more power compared to dark colours.

blitzkid, May 28, 2017
  3. I have a number of problems with the personalised display settings‼

1.) There are a number of excelent instructions how to select the colour for the taskbar, title-bar and how to change the selected one's hue, etc.

I have done that once and created a gold colour, which I find a bit too dark, so I wanted to go back to modify it, but the possibility of changing of the colour is no longer available.

On all the guides there are 16 colour squares, but I have 48 + my colour and the box (Show colour mixer is not there‼

2.) I selected a picture to display when the system boots up. (Lock screen) According to the personalisation option, it is still selected, but on starting the computer it is not displayed. Just the solid, too dark gold, and my avatar-picture.

This is happening since a few days. Perhaps one of the recent MS updates causes it⁇

Martin-Stephan C.A.M.de Rakovszky, May 28, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

I'm really not seeing anything here *Smile Anyone else ?

In the first shot, the only thing I see is the 'aero' transparency with what looks like the desktop image showing through... which is normal.

Looking at the media player shot and there are some horizontal lines. Is that what you mean ?

Just wondering what others see here.

Mooly, May 28, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Bro, you're seeing things...
    ...but we're not getting the same opportunity to see the things you're seeing. Ha.

Take a picture of your monitor with your smart phone or any other external digital image device and upload the pictures here, so we can see what you're talking about.

pepanee, May 28, 2017
  6. mkmossop Win User
    Really? It's not showing up? Maybe there's something wrong with my monitor or something.

Here's a picture of the last screenshot. Doesn't show up as well as on my screen but you can still see it.

mkmossop, May 28, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Okay. Now I see it. Apparently whenever taking a screen shot through the computer, it reads it perfectly, but when you took this screen shot, I see it now.

Try to uninstall and reinstall your monitor.

Poor Graphics Display - Lines Going Through Dark Colours [​IMG]

Then restart the computer.

pepanee, May 28, 2017
  8. mkmossop Win User

Ok so I just uninstalled it. Now it's not on the list anymore so I'm not sure how to reinstall it.

There is "Unknown Device" under "Other Devices" which I think is it. There's not reinstall option. Should I choose update driver?

mkmossop, May 28, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    It shouldn't, because Windows should automatically re-detect the monitor and install its drivers.

Assuming worst case scenario, the monitor turns black. You just turn off the computer, then turn it back on. Once Windows starts loading, it will automatically install your monitor's drivers and you will see your monitor.

pepanee, May 28, 2017
  10. mkmossop Win User
    Ok I see. I just did it... reinstalled and the driver is back. Weird lines are still there though *Sad.

mkmossop, May 28, 2017
  11. pepanee Win User
    1) Unplug your monitor cable from the computer itself and plug it back in. Wiggle the cable a little to make sure it's securely connected.

If that didn't help, then
    2) Uninstall your graphics driver completely from your computer, restart the computer, go to the website of your graphics card, download and install the graphics card

If that didn't help, then
    3) Go into your graphics card's settings and do slight adjustments in there until you may find a setting that could be responsible for the vertical lines.

Or hopefully someone else has this and they can tell you what they did to fix it

pepanee, May 28, 2017
  12. mkmossop Win User
    It's a laptop so no cable.

When I uninstall the graphics driver I get the option to check the box "delete the driver software for this device" on top of uninstalling it. I assume I don't want to check that?

mkmossop, May 28, 2017
  13. Mooly Win User

Are these Intel graphics by any chance ?

Mooly, May 28, 2017
  14. mkmossop Win User
    No... the driver is AMD Radeon R5. I'm trying to figure out which specific R5 driver it is so I can download the right one but I can't figure it out.

Download Drivers

The autodetect isn't working either. Will uninstall it and then try autodetect to see if it works.

mkmossop, May 28, 2017
  15. Mooly Win User
    Ah, OK, I just wondered.

A friend has a Toshiba laptop and I remember having to do something to the Radeon graphics with that when I clean installed W10 several months back. I can't just remember the problem now but I had to research it and there was a simple fix in the end. Just a matter of finding it.

I'll have to leave it for tonight but keep looking and see what you can turn up. Your laptop manufacturers own support site might be worth a look for drivers too if W10 can't locate any itself.

Mooly, May 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Poor Graphics Display - Lines Going Through Dark Colours - Similar Threads - Poor Graphics Display

2. There are coloured horizontal lines across the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There are coloured horizontal lines across the screen: Brand new PC - Windows 10 Graphics Card: GEFORCE GTX 1669 Super From initial load to setting up windows these lines have appears. I downloaded/install all windows updated And downloaded/installed NVIDA experience gaming plus driver. I've also tried multiple screens 2x...
  3. Poor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Poor display: hey, my windows display is so poor, background looks so blurred. Also, my computer uses a touch screen and some times it keeps on operating itself until its rebooted. kindly help...
  4. coloured lines horizontal

coloured lines horizontal: different coloured horizontal lines appear on my monitor if i leave my pc unattended for any lenght of time any thoughts please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coloured-lines-horizontal/20037ff4-82af-4fd0-89ae-f1af254336f0
  5. Poor Color display of pictures

Poor Color display of pictures: I have Windows 10, and in my administrator account on my computer the colors are not showing correctly; the Red in particular looks pink. In other local accounts on the computer like my daughters the colors are good. I tried disabling the color calibration and that did not...
  6. Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change

Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change: Hi, Is there a way to change the back ground colour in the Programs and Features(Uninstall or change a program)? I like to use the Dark theme under Colours however I have a problem when I go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program the background is dark like it...
  7. Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio: I tried different HDMI cables, reinstalled drivers, nothing helped. Yesterday it worked, and all of a sudden - no sound in the external display. What could be the problem? I'm puzzled!...
  8. LINE IN not displayed

LINE IN not displayed: Helloo, I'm using Windows 10, latest version. Sometime ago my line in setup was working fine. I don't know what happened but after a windows update, I can't see the line in option in the recording tab neither in disabled devices nor in enabled ones I wonder what is the...
  9. Line-In not displaying

Line-In not displaying: Helloo, I'm using Windows 10, latest version. Sometime ago my line in setup was working fine. I don't know what happened but after a windows update, I can't see the line in option in the recording tab neither in disabled devices nor in enabled ones I wonder what is the...
  10. Red line passing through the center of the display.

Red line passing through the center of the display.: i receive a red color line passing through the center of the screen when i see videos,camera,movie,etc . I am a windows 10 user....