Windows 10: Poor performance after performing refresh

Discus and support Poor performance after performing refresh in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 for a few months now without any problems. A couple of days ago, my computer stopped booting, up, instead getting stuck in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by plasmawing, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Poor performance after performing refresh

I've been using Windows 10 for a few months now without any problems. A couple of days ago, my computer stopped booting, up, instead getting stuck in a loop between failed startup repair attempts and resetting. After finding no way to resolve the issue, I performed a refresh of Windows 10. Now my computer boots up again, but the performance is much worse than before. Just starting up the computer takes a couple of minutes when before it only took a few seconds. Every application is incredibly slow. My internet connection is also much slower than before. I reinstalled all my drivers after the refresh, but that hasn't helped much. I've also tried running startup repair, but all I get is an error message telling me my version of Windows isn't compatible with it. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

:)

plasmawing, Dec 19, 2015

2. poor performence

Hi Salmanbasha,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 on
    Windows performance recorder.

Windows performance recorder

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Free up drive space in Windows 10 and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 19, 2015
  3. poor performence

after upgrading to windows 10 my pc responds slowly after any or every command sometimes it also stucks in middle of any work how to improve performance of my pc help me in this to get rid of this problem

Salman Basha N, Dec 19, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Poor performance after performing refresh

davidhk, Dec 19, 2015
  5. With my internet connection as slow as it has been since the refresh, it took Windows a couple hours to check for updates. After finishing the repair install, though, the problem doesn't seem to have been resolved. Everything is still extremely slow.

plasmawing, Dec 19, 2015
  6. Well, that was odd. After running Windows Memory Diagnostic, my problems seemed to disappear. Thanks for the help.

plasmawing, Dec 20, 2015
  7. b1rd Win User
    Interesting, and good to know that as an option if needed. Thanks.

b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Poor performance after performing refresh

1. Poor performance after performing refresh - Similar Threads - Poor performance performing

2. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  3. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  4. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  6. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  7. Poor Performance

8. poor performance, hangups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    poor performance, hangups: My Win 10 desktop is again performing so badly it is unusable. Windows explorer hangs up as well as web searches. A restart takes at least 10 minutes....."please wait"Peter Bresler...
  9. Poor performance

Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  10. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....