Windows 10: Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10

Discus and support Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey all, not quite sure where else to post this. Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I've had nothing but problems while gaming. Games that used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by iCataracts, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10

Hey all, not quite sure where else to post this.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I've had nothing but problems while gaming. Games that used to run at 100+ FPS now run at 20-30. I experience constant stuttering and frame drops on even the lowest graphic settings. Games that I have the most problems with are Battlefield 4 and Arma 3.

I have tried:
    • a clean install of Windows 10
    • clean booting before starting games
    • complete uninstall of display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller
    • reinstall of display drivers using AMD's autodetect tool
    • reinstall of display drivers using manually downloaded drivers
    • running "SFC /scannow", which initially said that it could not repair corrupted files
    • running DISM with a source from a mounted Windows ISO downloaded from TechBench, which successfully allowed SFC to run without error

I am out of options and am running out of hope for Windows 10 *Sad I'm thinking if I can't get this fixed I will have to downgrade to 8.1.

My current display driver is Crimson 16.3.2.

Does anyone have any other options I can try to make my rig perform at a Windows 10 level? If more information is needed don't hesitate to ask and I'll provide.

Thanks in advance *Smile

:)

iCataracts, Jul 19, 2016

2. My screen is flickering after upgrading to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

I experience the same problems with the integrated Intel HD 4600 Graphics while gaming and watching videos. Screen flickering and all around poor graphical performance in comparison between the last version of Windows 10. Microsoft please fix this!

GuidoScarano, Jul 19, 2016
  3. John Vil Win User
    Poor performance in ALL of my games.

We appreciate your response. Given the information you have posted, we suggest that you submit a feedback to report this issue through our Feedback Hub to help improve Windows. To use the Feedback Hub, kindly follow the steps below:

• Search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem button, share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted. (It may take a while to appear.)
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • If you also posted in a forum thread, you can click Copy link, and paste the link in your response. (It will look like URL Manager<unique link>)

Thank you.

John Vil, Jul 19, 2016
  4. Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10

I'm not convinced it's Windows 10 causing your issue, if anything I've gotten improved FPS with Windows 10 .. so have you checked your temps? let's make sure overheating isn't the case here.. are you running the game on an HDD or SSD? have you checked your hard drive to ensure it's health hasn't suddenly dropped? there can be many reasons this is happening..

BrandonR188, Jul 19, 2016
  5. MY PC have no gaming problem on Windows 10 whatsoever. What is your CPU and GPU usages while gaming? Can you run free 3D Mark 11 and Unigine Heaven Benchmark tools?

RubberDucky, Jul 19, 2016
  6. Using Speccy and Core Temp, I measured the average temperature of the CPU to be ~91 degrees celsius (!!).

I've replaced the thermal paste on the CPU and heatsink which has dropped the temps to around 35 while sitting on the desktop. Playing Battlefield 4 heated it up to a max of 66, but dropped down to around 40 straight after closing it. I wasn't getting any low fps warnings or errors.

All games are installed on the 2TB HDD, Windows is installed on the 240GB SSD. I haven't used any third-party disk health check tools, but Windows' inbuilt error checking tool states that neither drive has any problems.

I ran Unigine Valley Benchmark as that's what I already had installed. I scored 2482 with average FPS of 59.3.

Cheers for the help so far guys. I'm not blaming Windows 10 anymore ahaha.

EDIT: For the record I'm using the stock heatsink. I'm strongly considering buying an aftermarket one.

iCataracts, Jul 20, 2016
  7. windows99 Win User
    For me older titles run worse in framerate compared to windows 7 on the same machine.

windows99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10

1. Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Poor performance while

2. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  3. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  4. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Poor performance

Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  6. Poor performance Windows 10

Poor performance Windows 10: Of late my computer Lenovo all-in-one with Windows 10 has started performing very slow. It takes a while for the system to respond to commands clicking on a program to start it, or going to a site .... I have just looked at the task manager and it shows 79 !!! instances of...
  7. 2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance: I have a Surface Pro 6 and a HP Desktop with Windows 10 and the performance of them both has deteriorated significantly in the past 4 weeks. I am getting frequent Explorer hanging, application crashes and very sluggish network performance when reading/writing to my NAS or...
  8. Poor performance in games in Windows 10

Poor performance in games in Windows 10: Hello. I have switched to Windows 10 after a complete installation including activation and latest updates (1809 version) but the problem is it is not providing the performance i deserve. I am only getting 60 to 80 fps in Csgo and major fps drops in other games including...
  9. Poor game performance on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor game performance on Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 back when it launched in August 2015, gaming and everything was fine for me, games and apps. I was satisfied with the upgrade. However, sometime around the November or the Anniversary Update, I noticed that games that easily pull off 30 or...
  10. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....