Windows 10: Poor text resolution after downgrade to integrated GPU

Discus and support Poor text resolution after downgrade to integrated GPU in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; One afternoon my PC Seemed to be running but the monitor was black (Power light for monitor was on).*Eek Figuring (rather hoping) my installed GPU had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by danni1of2, Dec 17, 2016.

1. danni1of2 Win User

Poor text resolution after downgrade to integrated GPU

One afternoon my PC Seemed to be running but the monitor was black (Power light for monitor was on).*Eek
    Figuring (rather hoping) my installed GPU had failed... I removed it. Then swapped out my DVI cord for the older VGA. Luckily my monitor can use one or the other. Rebooted .... ...a sigh of relief i saw the boot-up info. But after time i noticed that (at times) the text looks like hen-scratch (Usually only on secondary screens like "setting" and the "display setting" windows- but also in text reliant apps like Verizon messenger). I looked online and was told to increase my text zoom to 125% this help intermittently. Website text is good and so is document text.

any help will be appreciated

Danielle

12/23/16 Update:

Still having intermittent text legibility problem

:)

danni1of2, Dec 17, 2016
  2. SecSS Win User

Windows 10 automatic update replaces NVIDIA drivers with Microsoft drivers although it has no permission to do that!

Windows 10 automatic update replaces NVIDIA drivers with Microsoft drivers although it has no permission to do that!

The result is one monitor with poor resolution instead of two monitors with modern resolutions!

From another post]

Windows 10 automatic update can't handle two GPU cards serving two monitors

Windows 10 update had the required information to discover that the PC has two GPU cards and two monitors!

[From another post]

Windows 10 shows only one screen and that only with poor resolution after the Microsoft automatic update

SecSS, Dec 17, 2016
  3. GPU after last update

After last update, my PC is using only integrated GPU. And I need to use my normal GPU. Any ideas to fix it?

Dominik Schindler, Dec 17, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

You need to obtain the driver for the integrated graphics, I've had a quick look and it appears that its only available for Windows 7. Perhaps someone else knows a compatible driver.

swarfega, Dec 17, 2016
  5. danni1of2 Win User
    [At first I thought I] I May have found my own solution: Worried that I'd lose my monitor if i un-installed my display driver i researched and
    found that I would not. So I un -installed it in device manager. My screen DID go black! but before i panicked too badly, I powered down my PC [Had to hard power down =push the button]. But upon reboot the display was back. (and so far) the text on the offending windows is legible. Never did find a win 10 driver for my GPU though. I DID find later that the text is illegible again &l added to this thread detailing so.

BUT if anyone finds a GPU driver For an HP DC5800 microtower running Win 10 Pro32bit/64bit let me know please

QUOTE=;893769]One afternoon my PC Seemed to be running but the monitor was black (Power light for monitor was on).*Eek
    Figuring (rather hoping) my installed GPU had failed... I removed it. Then swapped out my DVI cord for the older VGA. Luckily my monitor can use one or the other. Rebooted .... ...a sigh of relief i saw the boot-up info. But after time i noticed that (at times) the text looks like hen-scratch (Usually only on secondary screens like "setting" and the "display setting" windows- but also in text reliant apps like Verizon messenger). I looked online and was told to increase my text zoom to 125% this help intermittently. Website text is good and so is document text.

any help will be appreciated

12/25/2016

I noticed something that might help diagnosis:
    I was making a color note and observed the larger text of the note degrade and recover. After right after that the small text under it degraded

Danielle[/QUOTE]

danni1of2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Poor text resolution after downgrade to integrated GPU - Similar Threads - Poor text resolution

2. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  3. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  4. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Low resolution text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low resolution text: I've been dealing with this "low resolution text". I don't know where did it come from. I tried to watch YouTube videos to make my PC get better Frames Per Second. Any help? This is how it looks like....
  6. GPU and resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU and resolution: Hello, I have problem with my Windows 10 PC. I played a game and my PC freezed if I change graphic setting to lower. After restarting my PC it started in 640x480 in settings is 800x600 and it's overscaled, so I can't see everything. If I connect other graphic card, it works...
  7. Chrome - Explorer Resolution is Poor

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome - Explorer Resolution is Poor: I'm using the latest version of Chrome on my desktop PC on W10 v1909 at resolution 2560x1440. This displays fine in normal Chrome browsing. However, when I left click a displayed pdf file to save it, the Explorer window displayed is fuzzy. The normal Windows 10 Explorer...
  8. RESOLUTION IS POOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RESOLUTION IS POOR: JUST UPDATED MY DELL PC BUT THE RESOLUTION IS POOR ALTHOUGH I ADJUSTED IT ALREADY. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-is-poor/aedc5701-d791-44f8-bc51-cd3af3825ddc
  9. Poor readability of text, poor display after Windows 10 (automatic) update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Poor readability of text, poor display after Windows 10 (automatic) update: How can I return to the previous display settings, or improve the display, after the Windows update? I have already tried changing resolution, brightness. The poor display seems to affect on the the Windows programs, internet browser looks ok. Text in Office and in OS /...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution: When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK). I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set...