Windows 10: Poor Win 10

Discus and support Poor Win 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, and some of my games will not work, can I return to Win 8 or 8.1???????*Sad 32675 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Oldmicrochip, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Poor Win 10

I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, and some of my games will not work, can I return to Win 8 or 8.1???????*Sad

:)

Oldmicrochip, Dec 4, 2015

2. How to restore Windows Picture Viewer

Thank You! The Win 8/10 photos app is so poor, it is great to have Photoviewer back!

Bill S_402, Dec 4, 2015
  3. pl_007 Win User
    Windows 10 wipe out all my personal apps

I too had to reset the win 10 on my dell netbook hoping to fix poor performance. Virtually all of my applications were disabled including ms office 10. I would be happy to restore this computer to the pre win 10 state if that would be possible (win 7)

Is there a procedure for that?

Thx

pl_007, Dec 4, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

Poor Win 10

Have you tried installing or running the games in a compatibility mode?

fireberd, Dec 4, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    RE : can I return to Win 8 or Win 8.1
    Yes, but on 2 conditions:
    1. You have not deleted the winows.old from C drive.
    2. You installed Win 10 less than 30 days ago.

If you meet the above 2 conditions, you can go back by.......
    Start button > Settings > Update & Security > left side, click Recovery > right side, under Go Back to Windows 8.1, click the Get Started button.

If 30 days period has passed, you will need a Win 8.1 installation disk to reinstall.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Yes, you can revert back to Windows 8.1 anytime you want, even after a year has passed. Make sure that you have the original Windows 8 installation disc, because an ISO might not work for a clean install of your previous OS.

Rocky, Dec 4, 2015
  7. 1st. Yes I tried compatibility mode, no good.
    2nd. I have the Win 7 Prod. key as it was pre installed, and I upgraded on line to win 8 and then win 10. will I still be able to go back from Win 10 ????.

Oldmicrochip, Dec 6, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Poor Win 10

Still able to do what ?
    To go back to Win 8.1 ?
    I gave you a reply on how to go back to Win 8.1, with 2 conditions.
    Can you use my method ?

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  9. Its over 30 days, no prod key except for win 7 prod key

Oldmicrochip, Dec 6, 2015
  10. Rocky Win User
    What is your goal, Windows 7 or Windows 8? Either way, yes you can go back anytime you like if you secure the proper installation media. You might have to buy that from the manufacturer of your computer, but you are not limited to any time frame to roll back to a previous version of Windows.

Rocky, Dec 6, 2015
  11. Rocky Win User
    A product key is important, but you really need the installation media.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Poor Win 10

1. Poor Win 10 - Similar Threads - Poor

2. All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop: Hello,I have a Laptop 2020 Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 512GB SSD, 15.6" 144Hz Full HD Display, AMD Radeon RX 5600M, 16Gb RAM which I primarily use for gaming. I’ve been plugging it into an external monitor LG 27BL650C-B via usb cable for the past 3 years or...
  3. All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop: Hello,I have a Laptop 2020 Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 512GB SSD, 15.6" 144Hz Full HD Display, AMD Radeon RX 5600M, 16Gb RAM which I primarily use for gaming. I’ve been plugging it into an external monitor LG 27BL650C-B via usb cable for the past 3 years or...
  4. All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does online retro game emulation run extremely poorly on Microsoft Edge with my more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does online retro game emulation run extremely poorly on Microsoft Edge with my more...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 ProProcessor: IntelR Core™ i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz, 1992 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors RAM: 16.0 GBVersion: 22H2I want to play the Sega CD version of The Terminator which is available to play online on a bunch of different websites but the...
  6. Why does online retro game emulation run extremely poorly on Microsoft Edge with my more...

Why does online retro game emulation run extremely poorly on Microsoft Edge with my more...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 ProProcessor: IntelR Core™ i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz, 1992 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors RAM: 16.0 GBVersion: 22H2I want to play the Sega CD version of The Terminator which is available to play online on a bunch of different websites but the...
  7. Paint in Windows 11 - full of poor ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint in Windows 11 - full of poor ideas: So... Paint was always basic and **** but the new Windows 11 version is actually garbage. It LOOKS cooler from the outside, but that's as far as it goes.Things I've found so far which are bad:When you choose the text tool, it defaults to font size to 11. I always use 8 for...
  8. Paint in Windows 11 - full of poor ideas

Paint in Windows 11 - full of poor ideas: So... Paint was always basic and **** but the new Windows 11 version is actually garbage. It LOOKS cooler from the outside, but that's as far as it goes.Things I've found so far which are bad:When you choose the text tool, it defaults to font size to 11. I always use 8 for...
  9. Why are Microsoft official Windows Pen Drives such poor quality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Microsoft official Windows Pen Drives such poor quality?: I have bought official Windows 11 & 11 Pro drives from Amazon, they both have the official Microsoft hologram on the box and the drive, but they don't fit in any of the usb sockets on my motherboard , I know its not my motherboard that's at fault because any other usb drive...
  10. Why are Microsoft official Windows Pen Drives such poor quality?

Why are Microsoft official Windows Pen Drives such poor quality?: I have bought official Windows 11 & 11 Pro drives from Amazon, they both have the official Microsoft hologram on the box and the drive, but they don't fit in any of the usb sockets on my motherboard , I know its not my motherboard that's at fault because any other usb drive...