Windows 10: pop up about malicious software

Discus and support pop up about malicious software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello, I just had a pop up tellin me I had malicious software on my pc, they wanted my pin number to hav them call themfrom Microsoft with in 5... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elliott,h, Aug 2, 2018.

1. elliott,h Win User

pop up about malicious software

hello, I just had a pop up tellin me I had malicious software on my pc, they wanted my pin number to hav them call themfrom Microsoft with in 5 minuts, I shut down my computer and started virus scan rigt away its gone now. does Microsoft infom you when you have malicious software, I thought it might be a scam the spelling was poor..

what do any of you think, and did I do the right thing. any advice will be appreciated thank you..Elliott,h.

:)

elliott,h, Aug 2, 2018

2. malicious software removal tool

Hi Alex,

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

We suggest that you check this link for more details regarding your issue:
    The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running supported versions of Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Aug 2, 2018
  3. axe0 Win User
    KB890830 Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.48 - May 2017

Hi D4ni3l,

It is not a tool like protection software, it scans and removes malware but nothing more.

These are the different key ways from which the tool differs in comparison with protection software
    From Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows Windows 10 Security System Tutorials

axe0, Aug 2, 2018
  4. pop up about malicious software

malicious software tool

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool...

It might show during scanning any number of "infected" files but at the end of the scanning come to the conclusion that they were not infected. The result counts...

Suggestion to read these older threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

pop up about malicious software

1. pop up about malicious software - Similar Threads - pop malicious software

2. What is this pop up about?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this pop up about?: Hello, I've been receiving a pop up that indicates: DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL A COMPATIBLE WINDOWS APP RUNTIME NOW? The pop up also indicates the following:MC-WINS-CLIENT.EXE. --This application could not be started.The application requires Windows App Runtime version 1.2MSIX...
  3. What is this pop up about?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this pop up about?: Hello, I've been receiving a pop up that indicates: DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL A COMPATIBLE WINDOWS APP RUNTIME NOW? The pop up also indicates the following:MC-WINS-CLIENT.EXE. --This application could not be started.The application requires Windows App Runtime version 1.2MSIX...
  4. What is THIS Pop-UP about?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is THIS Pop-UP about?: Because it sure isn't coming from Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-this-pop-up-about/cbd0267d-eb63-4114-9153-f250f61d66d9
  5. malicious software threat

malicious software threat: When turning on laptop I received a voice message and visuals supposedly from Microsoft Defender advising my laptop had been used by malicious software to steal my identity. Advised to call 1 800 #...
  6. About Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool MSRT

About Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool MSRT: The Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool MSRT helps remove malicious software from computers. It is updated monthly via WU. One can run it anytime by doing the following: Win+X+R, type in MRT, hit Enter. Opt for Quick Scan is by default, hit Next & follow the prompts....
  7. malicious software

malicious software: how to remove Avast Software & Santivirus software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-software/c8ca8152-1b40-4ccb-b34a-0d5ecabf9680
  8. malicious software pop up on google chrome

malicious software pop up on google chrome: how to get out of malicious software pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-software-pop-up-on-google-chrome/12739b6b-e979-45ba-823e-7b700ed81359
  9. malicious software removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    malicious software removal: I downloaded above and can't find it. Please advise how I can get to it? Not in download folder. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malicious-software-removal/49294d9a-bfcb-41ab-91cf-8d4546693c1c"
  10. malicious software warning

malicious software warning: I use windows defender & the google browser when clicking some facebook videos that are on the side of my page, it activates a malicious software warning & locks my browser & computer The problem is I viewed the same links before & nothing happened Whats going on ? 90681

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pop ups malicious software