Windows 10: Pop up box

Discus and support Pop up box in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have an Acer Aspire E1-572 Windows 10 When I switched on yesterday went to setup homegroup but for some reason it told me there was a fault.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by menu, Oct 1, 2015.

1. menu Win User

Pop up box

Hi I have an Acer Aspire E1-572 Windows 10

When I switched on yesterday went to setup homegroup but for some reason it told me there was a fault.
    So decided to select on the Network icon next to the Homegroup and another box came on screen asking me for a user name and password I've never had a password on the laptop.*Confused

Any help Please what do I enter in the username etc.

Many Thanks.

:)

menu, Oct 1, 2015

2. Pop up boxes

When you hit "New" it should bring whatever window you need to the front.

if that does not work, you can click on delay so it can give you time to bring up the pop up window you need a screenshot of. You can set the delay time to whatever works for you.

tamara_sadel, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Pop up box

Windows 10, Microsoft Edge My home page is MSN. Getting pop up box saying "This site is true" has a place to click ok. rest of screen grays out and only way to remove box is click ok. Just started, 10/23/2015, ran quick virus check with McAfee and no viruses
    detected.

Thank You

PhilipNielsen, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Pop up box

It is asking for your Microsoft username like your e-mail address and password you used when you set up your account, to make sure it is you logging in to your home group

hTconeM9user, Oct 1, 2015
  5. menu Win User
    Hi Thanks for the reply.

Tried that but no luck it wont accept either.The laptop is working okay it's just cant get the homegroup & Network to get up and running.
    My desktop don't see the Acer laptop.
    Something will pop up.

Many Thanks.

menu, Oct 1, 2015
  6. Have you looked in Tutorials what Brink has posted link is in my signature

hTconeM9user, Oct 1, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Does your router have WPS(Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS; originally Wi-Fi Simple Config) ) capability? Use that to connect your PC to it.

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  8. menu Win User

Pop up box

Thanks
    ,It's connected via Ethernet cable.This problem has just developed in the last two or three days.

menu, Oct 1, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Do you still have the password saved somewhere(note pad) that you received when setting up home group?

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Try the Home group troubleshooter

Pop up box [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  11. menu Win User
    Yea Have tried that,It's not a major issue just annoying something small can really get up your nose.
    I got the printer working from the laptop so that side is working okay.
    Many thanks once again.

Thema:

Pop up box

1. Pop up box - Similar Threads - Pop box

2. Exception EStringListError in module box popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exception EStringListError in module box popping up: Hello,I have this Error popping up all the time. Could you help me to fix this? It comes without any action on my part when the system is smoothly running.Thank you.Wojciech...
  3. Exception EStringListError in module box popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exception EStringListError in module box popping up: Hello,I have this Error popping up all the time. Could you help me to fix this? It comes without any action on my part when the system is smoothly running.Thank you.Wojciech...
  4. Exception EStringListError in module box popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Every 10 minutes a program name "uabtvdi" keep popping up, it looks like command prompt box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every 10 minutes a program name "uabtvdi" keep popping up, it looks like command prompt box: I tried every method this thread, but it didnt work. It keeps popping up. The file/folder doesnt show on "C:\Users\dipto\AppData\Roaming" or C:\Users\dipto\AppDataAny help appreciated...
  6. Every 10 minutes a program name "uabtvdi" keep popping up, it looks like command prompt box

Every 10 minutes a program name "uabtvdi" keep popping up, it looks like command prompt box: I tried every method this thread, but it didnt work. It keeps popping up. The file/folder doesnt show on "C:\Users\dipto\AppData\Roaming" or C:\Users\dipto\AppDataAny help appreciated...
  7. Every 10 minutes a program name "uabtvdi" keep popping up, it looks like command prompt box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My computer is locked; message is either not designed to run on a box that pop up which...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked; message is either not designed to run on a box that pop up which...: My computer is locked : upon startup it displays C:\widows\system32\gameplatformservices.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc0e90002. Cannot get to start menu or anywhere else. Rebotting does not help; have latest version of...
  9. My computer is locked; message is either not designed to run on a box that pop up which...

My computer is locked; message is either not designed to run on a box that pop up which...: My computer is locked : upon startup it displays C:\widows\system32\gameplatformservices.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc0e90002. Cannot get to start menu or anywhere else. Rebotting does not help; have latest version of...
  10. Random black box popped up for like a milisecond while using task manager/cmd prompt

Random black box popped up for like a milisecond while using task manager/cmd prompt: I am very unsure if I am infected with something or this was just an issue that sometimes happens when using cmd prompt to look at stuff/task manager...