Windows 10: Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Discus and support Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off." in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I start my PC lately, I get a Windows notification that pops up in my action center that says: "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rivre, Feb 28, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Every time I start my PC lately, I get a Windows notification that pops up in my action center that says:

"Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options"

Clicking it asks me if I want to turn on either one. Why does this keep happening? It only started up a few weeks ago and it's driving me nuts.

Comodo is not turned off. It starts normally. I'm thinking this probably started when I ran a recent Windows update, but I can't pin down an exact date when I started noticing this.

:)

rivre, Feb 28, 2018

2. can't turn on windows 10 firewall

My new PC came with McAfee, but I've started to get daily notification warnings that virus protection and firewall are off even though the McAfee app says they're on, so I just switched to Defender however widows firewall won't turn on. There are no error
    messages. When I go to control panel and select security and maintenance, it shows "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both tuned off". When I click on "View firewall options", and then click "Turn on Windows Firewall", nothing happens. What to do?

Peter Kabatek, Feb 28, 2018
  3. cii75p Win User
    Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

I had the same problem on my Win10 pro 64bit 1607, and turn on Windows Firewall didn't work for me.

It turns out it's caused by an old version of COMODO Firewall (10.0.0.xxxx, can't remember the exact version) in my case.

After I uninstalled COMODO Firewall the problem is gone, I can preview and install fonts now (even with Windows Firewall turning off).

I also re-installed the latest version of COMODO (currently 10.0.1.6223) later and everything is still working fine.

cii75p, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Have you tried reinstalling Comodo?

Lets scan for malware infections.

Malwarebytes' scanner
    If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan!
    Download and install: Please download Malwarebytes' scanner to your desktop.

• Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.x.x.xxxx and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • Click Finish.
    • On the Dashboard, click the 'Check for Updates' button.
    • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now' button.
    • A Threat Scan will begin. Please allow it to progress through the scanning process.
    • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Quarantines Selected button to allow the program to clean what was detected.
    • In most cases, a restart will be required.
    • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.

How to get logs: (Export log to save as txt)

• After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open Malwarebytes once more.
    • Click on the Reports tab > Scan Report. (if you have done more than one scan in the past, select the most recent that shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. Press View Report button.
    • Click 'Export'.
    • Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
    • In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
    • In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
    • A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
    • Click Ok
    • Find the log on your Desktop and Attach that saved log to your next reply.

(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)

Download the right Windows bit version (32-bit or 64-bit) of RogueKiller

• Quit all running programs
    • Once done, move the executable file to your Desktop, right-click on it and select
      Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off." [​IMG]
      Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
    • If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times. If it really does not work (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe
    • Click on the Start Scan button in the right panel, which will bring you to another tab, and click on it again (this time it'll be in the bottom right corner)
    • Wait for the scan to complete
    • On completion, the results will be displayed. Click on the Open Report button in the bottom left corner, followed by the Open TXT button (also in the bottom left corner)
    • This will open the report in Notepad. Copy/paste its content in your next reply

FreeBooter, Feb 28, 2018
  5. rivre Win User
    I already have Malwarebytes installed and both that and Avast report no infections. I also have RogueKiller already installed.

I see this is an issue that has been mentioned on a lot of sites over the past year.

I hate to have to reinstall Comodo if it isn't necessary since it's a pain in the neck with all the custom rules I have. As I said, it's running fine, so I doubt it's a Comodo issue. I have also seen this problem mentioned for other firewalls, so it sounds more like a Windows issue to me.

According to Roguekiller, the only items of interest are:

Registry :

[PUP] (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{10921475-03CE-4E04-90CE-E2E7EF20C814} (C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\UninstallExplorer.dll) -> Found

[PUM.StartMenu] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-259315711-135808733-1410077375-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced | Start_TrackProgs : 0 -> Found

[PUM.StartMenu] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-259315711-135808733-1410077375-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced | Start_TrackProgs : 0 -> Found

Tasks :

[Suspicious.Path|VT.Unknown] \NvDriverUpdateCheckDaily_{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8} -- C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\nvcontainer.exe (-d "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvDriverUpdateCheck" -l 3 -f C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\NvContainerDriverUpdateCheck.log) -> Found

I went in and disabled the NVidia scheduled tasks, just because I don't need them running all the time. IObit uninstaller is fine.

The only things I'm not sure of is those 2 I bolded, but they appear to be Windows-related, so I'm not touching those.

rivre, Feb 28, 2018
  6. Uninstall all third-party antivirus and firewall programs except Comodo and see issue resolves.

This might be due to some incompatible drivers present along with Comodo Firewall's Driver.

If you still experience this problem, then please remove the latest installed software or driver files to see if that resolves the issue.

Install latest versions of device drivers from your computer manufacturer website.

Importing/Exporting and Managing Personal Configurations

FreeBooter, Feb 28, 2018
  7. rivre Win User
    Why would the drivers all of a sudden be incompatible? i haven't done anything different. Everything has always been fine up until a couple weeks ago. I still think this is more of a Windows issue than a Comodo issue. I've had Comodo on my PC for 2 years and never had this issue before. I think the latest Windows update had something to so with it.

And today, the PC started up fine without the Windows notification. So it doesn't always seem to do it - it seems to happen most of the time now, but sometimes it doesn't.

rivre, Mar 1, 2018
  8. munk1955 Win User

I have used Comodo for probably 15 years or so on many different PC's and consider it to be the best firewall around.

I know about what you are referring too but I don't get a notification.....What I have noticed is say I open WD and then it says there that the firewall's(stock & Comodo)are both turned off then say I click on the health report then back to home then bam it now says the firewall is on with the green check next to it ?.

I currently have 4 PC's in my home but have only noticed it on 1 PC but then I'm not really looking for it on the other ones either by doing it the way I just referred to above maybe because I myself mainly use that one PC.

Anyway I myself am not going to worry much about it because like you said Comodo is not turned off and it will probably get sorted out in the near future.....But if I figure anything out about this I will surely respond back to this thread.

munk1955, Mar 6, 2018
  9. rivre Win User
    Yeah it's still happening 9 times out of 10 for me. I have no idea why. Never used to happen.

rivre, Mar 7, 2018
  10. rivre Win User
    I guess there's no fix for this. I thought this would be ironed out by now.

rivre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off." - Similar Threads - Pop firewall Comodo

2. Comodo Firewall Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo Firewall Notification: When I go ahead and try to install Comodo Firewall i get a PUP block form Microsoft defender and Malwarebytes. Has anyone seen this before or know anything about it?...
  3. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  4. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  5. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  6. Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with Windows Firewall out of the box and at the same time allows you to install and run a third-party Firewall too. These firewalls work independently to block suspicious actions on your computer. But after installing Windows [...] This post...
  7. Comodo Firewall

Comodo Firewall: I am using Windows 7.I have Comodo firewall which is up to date.Recently the Action centre is asking me to choose a firewall.I click on the 'turn on Comodo' option but nothing changes. Thanks Paul...
  8. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  9. Disabling Windows firewall pop ups

Disabling Windows firewall pop ups: I am not quite certain what changed between my previous install of Windows 10 and my current one but my current one has these constant Windows Firewall pop-ups asking me with every application if I want to allow it which is rather annoying. This didn't use to happen earlier...
  10. Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly: I noticed that I keep getting a notification stating that Windows Firewall was turned off, so I go to the control panel and go to Security and Maintenance. There, I find a message telling me my firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly. I click on "Turn on Firewall" but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repeated notification that comodo firewallis turned off

2. view firewall options pops up

3. windows firewall and mcafee firewall are both turned off