Windows 10: pop up

Discus and support pop up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Excuse me if I am on the wrong section but I keep getting a pop-up and have no idea what to do. Please help! An error has occurred in the script on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AFTommy, May 11, 2017.

1. AFTommy Win User

pop up

Excuse me if I am on the wrong section but I keep getting a pop-up and have no idea what to do. Please help!

An error has occurred in the script on this page
    line: 158
    char: 17
    error: unable to get property "Location" of undefined or null reference
    code: 0
    URL: file:///C:/Users/aftom/AppData/Local/Temp/51d21727-b533-4672-8b16-e49a7bb19d58/html-free/index.html
    DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE WITH SCRIPTS ON THIS PAGE?

:)

AFTommy, May 11, 2017
  2. Bruce Hagen, May 11, 2017
  3. debibaber Win User
    Pop-up ads for pop-up blockers

I have Windows 10 and everytime I try to get on E-bay or any other sight. I can go to the websight but I can navigate on it. A pop-up blocker always comes up and starts taking me to sites to buy blockers. I need to know if its possible to stop this from
    happening. Thanks.

[Moved from IE10]

debibaber, May 11, 2017
  4. pop up

Hi AFTommy.

Have you tried another browser, say Chrome?

Could you share what browser you are using when you get this error. Lots of hits when I search your error message but the word "Location" is usually something else. Most have the work javascript in description.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 11, 2017
  5. AFTommy Win User
    it appears on "edge" and "chrome". Thanks for the quick reply

AFTommy, May 11, 2017
  6. Is it safe to assume this happens on multiple sites? Since all the variations of the error, yours says the property "Location", center around javascript I would focus attention there.

Did you install Java on your machine? If so I would look at uninstalling and re-installing.

When you get this error is there a fuller description of error or codes in the event logs, either system or application?

Caledon Ken, May 12, 2017
  7. AFTommy Win User
    **************************************************************************************************** ****************************
    I have tried on all browsers...as a matter of fact if no browsers are used it still pops-up. I have reinstalled Java...no help. I have tried to install another antivirus and it will not allow me to do that either. I cannot use system restore or backup. Is there somewhere I can get a exe for windows ten without ruining whatever licence I have?

AFTommy, May 12, 2017
  8. pop up

Not sure what you are running in the way of software and how much customizations you have made.

That said you could do a reset using the advance start options, an in place repair upgrade, which should keep everything as is, only it will update you to the Creator Update, V1703 or a clean install.

You may also do what is call a clean install which is basically a start from scratch solution. This wipes everything. As such you have to back your data up off your machine and have discs / licenses for any purchased software. Lots of folks are reluctant to do clean installs because or the effort but they work.

Don't think twice about your Windows 10 license. Microsoft has "Fingerprinted" your machine and will re-activate your license when it sees it again. The windows 10 software is free to download.

Link to Advance Start Up Options - Reset comes in a couple of flavors.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Reset Windows 10

Link to Repair / In place Upgrade

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Link to clean install.

Clean Install Windows 10

Before doing any of the above it is strongly recommended you backup your data. It would also be a good idea to use a tool like Macrium Reflect to Image your device. I always want a route back to where I was and while the documentation says your data will be safe we all know sh&* happens.

If you already have boot media you can install an older Windows 10 like v1607. If you use the Microsoft's Media Creator Tool it will install the Creator update. There is some risk to install the Creator Update as the roll out is a work in process. I've updated nine machines of varying ages all successfully. That said I cannot control the brightness anymore on six identical HP Probook's using the function keys.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 12, 2017
  9. PJLLB Win User
    The web page you are accessing is attempting to run a script. Sounds unsafe to me...or a script that simply has an error in it. In either case, I would avoid the web page.

PJLLB, May 12, 2017
  10. AFTommy Win User
    Cannot even use "Media Creation Tool" to reinstall after finding so many errors:
    1. Will not update
    2. Cannot install any of the windows fixes
    3. Won't turn on "Defender"
    4. PC "reset" or "restore" won't work
    5. Cannot restore Administrator privileges for certain functions

I need to do a clean install but do not have the .iso to do it
    All help is gratefully appreciated. Someday I hope to help someone else!

AFTommy, May 13, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    If you were trying 'Update this PC' in the Media Creation Tool, try 'Create media for another PC' instead.

If that fails, you can use this tip to download the .iso directly from Microsoft. You use F12 in Edge or IE to make it pretend to be a non-windows browser (Apple iPad worked for me). Then you get redirected to a download page. See...
    How to Download Creators Update ISO via MS w/o Media Creation Tool

12. AFTommy Win User
    pop up [​IMG]

AFTommy, May 13, 2017
  13. AFTommy Win User

pop up

pop up [​IMG]

pop up [​IMG]

AFTommy, May 13, 2017
  14. AFTommy Win User
    "The requested resource is in use" That seems to be the error preventing exe installs of any program and apparently is being caused by "Safe Search" Now to find a way to get rid of that without having to install an AV prog

AFTommy, May 13, 2017
  15. AFTommy Win User
    check that not SafeSearch....but SmartService

AFTommy, May 13, 2017
Thema:

pop up

1. pop up - Similar Threads - pop

2. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away....
  3. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away....
  4. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  5. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  6. Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...: Can you show or tell me the steps to disabling the notification as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-difficult-time-disabling-the-caps-lock/43596267-5e31-4e7b-9f0d-9830d52020c6
  7. Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...

Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...: Can you show or tell me the steps to disabling the notification as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-difficult-time-disabling-the-caps-lock/43596267-5e31-4e7b-9f0d-9830d52020c6
  8. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  9. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  10. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

in Windows 10 Customization