Windows 10: Pop Up

Discus and support Pop Up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With all this adware junk I now get a popup with tel # 855 308 5221 . They claim my pc is compromised. I just keep closing it but it just repeats over... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by enigma1944, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Pop Up

With all this adware junk I now get a popup with tel # 855 308 5221 . They claim my pc is compromised. I just keep closing it but it just repeats over and over. I have Mcafee security but it gets thru that operation with ease. What can I do ?? Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Aug 5, 2016
  2. Bruce Hagen, Aug 5, 2016
  3. debibaber Win User
    Pop-up ads for pop-up blockers

I have Windows 10 and everytime I try to get on E-bay or any other sight. I can go to the websight but I can navigate on it. A pop-up blocker always comes up and starts taking me to sites to buy blockers. I need to know if its possible to stop this from
    happening. Thanks.

[Moved from IE10]

debibaber, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Pop Up

Suggest you d/l & run AdwCleaner, it's good at ferreting out adware.

AdwCleaner Download

Also, d/l, install & run Malwarebytes. The free version will work fine.

Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal

McAfee is not a highly thought of AV, you may wish to consider switching to something with less problems. It often causes more problems then it fixes.

Meanwhile, do not click on any of the pop ups that claim they will "fix" your PC, or waste your time calling the number. This is all scamware.

Borg 386, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Pop Up

1. Pop Up - Similar Threads - Pop

2. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away....
  3. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away....
  4. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  5. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  6. Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...: Can you show or tell me the steps to disabling the notification as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-difficult-time-disabling-the-caps-lock/43596267-5e31-4e7b-9f0d-9830d52020c6
  7. Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...

Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...: Can you show or tell me the steps to disabling the notification as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-difficult-time-disabling-the-caps-lock/43596267-5e31-4e7b-9f0d-9830d52020c6
  8. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  9. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  10. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

in Windows 10 Customization