Windows 10: Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window

Discus and support Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Since installing 10, whenever |I open a pop-up window (e.g. right-click, properties dialog, the copy/move/delete progress window etc), they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tripledrop, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window

Hi all,

Since installing 10, whenever |I open a pop-up window (e.g. right-click, properties dialog, the copy/move/delete progress window etc), they open behind the main parent window. Any ideas how to change this?

Thanks

TD

:)

Tripledrop, Aug 7, 2015

2. Cant remove parental permisson

I left the family my account was but the parental permission pop up appears. when I press the ask by email, an error message pops up.

mtndewluver34, Aug 7, 2015
  3. BigBub18 Win User
    Win 10 Program Compatibility Assistant pop-up when exiting Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX)

I ran your test. The pop-up does not appear behind the game window in Windowed mode.

It only appears when I exit FSX and only if I actually begin a flight either in the Windowed mode or in full-screen. If I do not start a flight and exit FSX there is no pop-up.

As I noted in my first question, the Program Compatibility Assistant does not actually appear to be making any changes even though the pop-up might lead one to believe a change has been made or will be the next time FSX is run.

BigBub18, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window

1. Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window - Similar Threads - Pop ups are

2. Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...: Hi,The windows security pop up window requesting finger print scan is not behaving correctly:it always appears behind other windowsdoes not have input focusI need to mouse click to bring it to front and click in it, before it will accept a fingerprint scan.This happens with...
  3. Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...: Hi,The windows security pop up window requesting finger print scan is not behaving correctly:it always appears behind other windowsdoes not have input focusI need to mouse click to bring it to front and click in it, before it will accept a fingerprint scan.This happens with...
  4. Taskbar is showing up when I hover at the bottom but the window appears behind the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is showing up when I hover at the bottom but the window appears behind the...: Hi Team,When I hover over the windows in the task bar, it shows the current open windows, but when I select a window to bring it up, it is hiding back of the current screen but not bringing on top of it. However ctrl+click brings up the window on top but not the selected one...
  5. Taskbar is showing up when I hover at the bottom but the window appears behind the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is showing up when I hover at the bottom but the window appears behind the...: Hi Team,When I hover over the windows in the task bar, it shows the current open windows, but when I select a window to bring it up, it is hiding back of the current screen but not bringing on top of it. However ctrl+click brings up the window on top but not the selected one...
  6. Taskbar is showing up when I hover at the bottom but the window appears behind the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up: Hi, Windows 10 introduced the known and well distributed issue with pop-up dialog windows, which are not focused on top of all other windows, but rather they stay in background, hidden behind the active window. So many times customers call me: "I cannot access some web...
  8. No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal: Hi everyone, I'm using a PC with an up to date Windows 10. I'm connected to a captive portal network. As said in this documentation, the DNS resolution of the URI www.msftconnecttest.com works and the Get of the URI "http://www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt" is...
  9. How to make pop-ups appear in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make pop-ups appear in the background?: When I am playing the games, different pop-ups and notifications from email, browsers, social media websites show up destructing me from the game. Please recommend how I can adjust the settings to make pop-ups appear in the background so that I don’t have to click on the...
  10. "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.: When I click on "Safely Remove" for a USB drive the drive disappears from the list and also from the Windows Explorer drive view, but I do not receive the "Safe to remove" pop-up message. Any ideas? 84232