Windows 10: pop ups

Discus and support pop ups in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I have Win 10 Pro with pop up blocker enabled but am continuously getting pop ups as I surf. I have MBAM and its Anti - Exploit which finds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maranna, Sep 5, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

pop ups

Hello
    I have Win 10 Pro with pop up blocker enabled but am continuously getting pop ups as I surf. I have MBAM and its Anti - Exploit which finds nothing.
    Do you have a tip to reduce these annoyances?
    Thank you

:)

maranna, Sep 5, 2015

2. pop ups

There is no way to stop pop ups...

techbuzzireland, Sep 5, 2015
  3. pop ups

How to stop sim application pop ups??

sachijithi, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

pop ups

What web browser are you using?

Rocky, Sep 5, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Try Adwcleaner for removing adware.

Exactly what kind of popups do you get? Please make a screenshot of it and post it.

axe0, Sep 5, 2015
  6. maranna Win User
    I am using Edge which I have grown to like along with Chrome to attend to my android needs. It is Edge that seems to be getting the popups. I'll post when it occurs next.
    Thanx for the Adware link. I hoped MBAM would take care of it but it does not have full time protection(free) so it can only find malware not prevent it or pop ups. Defender is full time. I did add Exploit to MBAM. I'll install ADWcleaner now so maybe there won't be any more trouble.

>>I just ran it and there was infection that was removed - two folders deleted and a key deleted. I kept the log file but did not post It for privacy reasons, unless you feel it is appropriate/necessary to do so.

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

pop ups

1. pop ups - Similar Threads - pop ups

2. Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?: I must have triggered a key shortcut that has activated this notification that keeps on popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-click-my-caps-lock-a-notification/2db80415-a18c-440a-a237-09f4cefe3bf9
  3. Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?: I must have triggered a key shortcut that has activated this notification that keeps on popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-click-my-caps-lock-a-notification/2db80415-a18c-440a-a237-09f4cefe3bf9
  4. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away....
  5. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away....
  6. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  7. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  8. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  9. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  10. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

in Windows 10 Customization